2019 NFL Season: Super Bowl LIV

33 minutes ago, AustinFomBoston said:

Can I just say the NFL is insane for not flexing 49ers @ Ravens. 

A game like that and you have it at 1:00?  

That could end up being one of the biggest games of the season.

The 49ers were flexed to tonight; it was originally supposed to be Hawks/Eagles.

I'm not sure if a team can be flexed two weeks in a row, but I bet NBC is happy to have New England at the end of a holiday weekend.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, AustinFomBoston said:

Local sports radio picked up on that too and actually asked Jason La Canfora about it when they were interviewing him. He said that CBS gets to protect a game or two a season and opted to protect that game. 

spacer.png

Yesterday was a good day. The 0-16 Embarrass Mike Brown and His Daughter As Much As Possible dream is still alive, Washington lost to give us a 2 game cushion on the first overall pick, and we now know that Ryan Finley is terrible, is not the long-term answer at QB so they'll be more likely to take Joe Burrow first overall, and he's shut up all the nitwits who wanted him to play over Andy Dalton. Andy Dalton probably beats the Raiders and Steelers in the last two games, which is why it's good he's not playing. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

10 hours ago, AustinFomBoston said:

CBS likely protected it, but at the very least give it a 420pm kickoff.

20 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

CBS likely protected it, but at the very least give it a 420pm kickoff.

They can't. Fox has the game and they don't have the double header this week.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

3 minutes ago, PittsburghSucks said:

They can't. Fox has the game and they don't have the double header this week.

NFL can flex networks too, so im also surprised they didn't move around one of those CBS 4pm games (SD@DEN or OAK@KC) to FOX for the SF@BAL game to go to CBS in the late slot.  Carolina-New Orleans was a CBS game yesterday...

1 minute ago, AstroBull21 said:

NFL can flex networks too, so im also surprised they didn't move around one of those CBS 4pm games (SD@DEN or OAK@KC) to FOX for the SF@BAL game to go to CBS in the late slot.  Carolina-New Orleans was a CBS game yesterday...

Fox probably protected the game.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

7 minutes ago, See Red said:

Thank god Lamar Jackson didn't end up on one of the NFL teams that would've wasted his talents, which is probably the vast majority of them.

Or the Patriots.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, See Red said:

Thank god Lamar Jackson didn't end up on one of the NFL teams that would've wasted his talents, which is probably the vast majority of them.

Lamar and the Ravens were a match made in heaven. I don’t think any other teams would’ve adapted to Lamar like we have, and he has repaid that faith many times over.

spacer.png

44 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

Lamar and the Ravens were a match made in heaven. I don’t think any other teams would’ve adapted to Lamar like we have, and he has repaid that faith many times over.

I think he would have done well on the Seahawks. Though he'd have had to have been happy as a running back or wildcat QB. 

I don't think Buffalo is ever drafting a black QB again, but Lamar Jackson does everything Josh Allen does better. Shame on the Bills.

Jared Goff is broken.

No other way to describe it. If he hadn’t been picked where he was, or gotten the contract he received, he would have been benched weeks ago. 

He’s been one of the league’s worst QB’s through 12 weeks. 

EDIT: Just saw a stat that says Goff hasn’t thrown a TD pass since before Halloween?! 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

10 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Jared Goff is broken.

No other way to describe it. If he hadn’t been picked where he was, or gotten the contract he received, he would have been benched weeks ago. 

EDIT: Just saw a stat that says Goff hasn’t thrown a TD pass since before Halloween?! 

I'd still take him over every QB from his class. All of his issues have been a product of having one of the worst offensive lines in the league. He will go down as one of the all time greats when his career is done. Goff will be fine and shouldn't be benched at all. 

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

14 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Jared Goff is broken.

Yep.  Two games plus tonight.

1 minute ago, masterchaoss said:

I'd still take him over every QB from his class. All of his issues have been a product of having one of the worst offensive lines in the league. He will go down as one of the all time greats when his career is done. Goff will be fine and shouldn't be benched at all. 

That's... optimistic.

I don't see it.

IUe6Hvh.png

1 minute ago, masterchaoss said:

I’ll have whatever you’re having lol. That is an all-time take right there. 

Goff has been playing like this since the Detroit game of last season. His subpar play is not just a product of this season. 

And you’re probably the only one who would take Goff over Dak, Wentz and Jacoby Brissett. I respect that commitment, even if it’s misplaced lol. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

1 minute ago, Rockstar Matt said:

I’ll have whatever you’re having lol. That is an all-time take right there. 

Goff has been playing like this since the Detroit game of last season. His subpar play is not just a product of this season. 

And you’re probably the only one who would take Goff over Dak, Wentz and Jacoby Brissett. I respect that commitment, even if it’s misplaced lol. 

And the Rams have had the worst graded offensive line in the league since that point. He been one of the best QBs in the league with a clean pocket and has amazing arm talent. I believe because I've done the research and I've seen the talent. He will be great! I will live stream my suicide if he isn't top 3 in MVP voting next season and will defend him till the end. He's not trash his production during this stretch is product of a god awful Oline and McVay proving to be a majorly overrated coach and not adjusting his playbook to the problems with the Oline. 

I will ride with Goff till I die, i honestly have that belief that he will get fixed. 

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

14 minutes ago, masterchaoss said:

Ummm.....no.

He. Can't. Make. Reads.  Bad enough he fumbles like Banks and panics like late-career Bulger when rushed, he literally can't make reads.  In year four.  He's a bust, and McVay was a miracle worker for getting the lipstick to stay on the pig as long as he did.  At least we have lots of candles.

And I'd take Prescott in a heartbeat over him.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

2 minutes ago, masterchaoss said:

And the Rams have had the worst graded offensive line in the league since that point.

They weren't as bad last season and he still had the stupidly awful turnover and panic problems once teams figured the offense out.

He been one of the best QBs in the league with a clean pocket and has amazing arm talent.

There's a proverb about my Aunt and being an Uncle that goes here,  Also, you just described many busts, including Sam Bradford, at least if you read his pre-draft scouting reports.

I believe because I've done the research and I've seen the talent. He will be great! I will live stream my suicide if he isn't top 3 in MVP voting next season and will defend him till the end.

We'll miss you.

He's not trash his production during this stretch is product of a god awful Oline and McVay proving to be a majorly overrated coach and not adjusting his playbook to the problems with the Oline.

I'd argue McVay kind of did last week against Chicago-running more and trying to keep the ball out of the hands of Goff, who sucks, as much as possible.  Good QBs can overcome mediocre and bad lines to an extent.  Jared Goff just did a triple lutz and put the ball on the turf.

I will ride with Goff till I die, i honestly have that belief that he will get fixed. 

This faith is strong enough that it probably should apply for tax-exempt status as an organized religion.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

7 minutes ago, rams80 said:

Ummm.....no.

He. Can't. Make. Reads.  Bad enough he fumbles like Banks and panics like late-career Bulger when rushed, he literally can't make reads.  In year four.  He's a bust, and McVay was a miracle worker for getting the lipstick to stay on the pig as long as he did.  At least we have lots of candles.

And I'd take Prescott in a heartbeat over him.

Jesus crist this he cant make reads :censored: has been disproven since it started, you won't even get drafted if you cant make reads. I'm gonna love reading over this when he wins an MVP in the next few years with the takes coming for the ultra pessimist fans like yourself. 

Archived