MLB Stadium Saga: Oakland/Tampa Bay/Southside

So_Fla

4 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

This rendering makes it look like they're going to retrofit a convention center to host baseball. They're hosting the Yankees one week, and the National Association of Suburban Dentristy the next. It has no character. This could be a convention center in Peoria. 

That's too nice for Peoria...

• LOL 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

2 hours ago, McCall said:

I think it holds like 4,000. And people on TwiX were bragging about selling it out and sticking it to the A's as if it was some wildly high number.

It's more like sticking it to John Fisher and Rob Manfred, telling them "see we are a baseball town!"

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

It's more like sticking it to John Fisher and Rob Manfred, telling them "see we are a baseball town!"

I think you missed the point. 4000 people doesn't make it a baseball town, nor does it stick it to anyone.

• Like 4

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I think you missed the point. 4000 people doesn't make it a baseball town, nor does it stick it to anyone.

I got the point, but that's how a few Pro-Oakland on Social media who were A's fans are spinning it with the Ballers.  

2 hours ago, GDAWG said:

I got the point, but that's how a few Pro-Oakland on Social media who were A's fans are spinning it with the Ballers.  

Your post seemed to be your opinion, not theirs.

It's where I sit.

3 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Your post seemed to be your opinion, not theirs.

Isn't them saying "let's stick it to the A's" the same thing as saying "let's stick it to John Fisher?"  Afterall, he does own the team.

Just now, GDAWG said:

Isn't them saying "let's stick it to the A's" the same thing as saying "let's stick it to John Fisher?"  Afterall, he does own the team.

Sure, but 4000 doesn't make it a point worth caring about.

And we're right back where we started.

• Like 2

It's where I sit.

7 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Sure, but 4000 doesn't make it a point worth caring about.

And we're right back where we started.

The leagues need to stop going to Las Vegas.  For once, can we have a league that won't put a team in Las Vegas?  Why does Vegas believe that they are big enough to hold 4 major league teams?  

6 hours ago, GDAWG said:

The leagues need to stop going to Las Vegas.  For once, can we have a league that won't put a team in Las Vegas?  Why does Vegas believe that they are big enough to hold 4 major league teams?  

Idk why everyone wants to Vegas to have all these teams, especially the A's. Would you rather see baseball get a lifeless dome with artificial grass or another beautiful outdoor ballpark on the bay?  

11 minutes ago, WestCoastBias said:

Idk why everyone wants to Vegas to have all these teams, especially the A's. Would you rather see baseball get a lifeless dome with artificial grass or another beautiful outdoor ballpark on the bay?  

Oakland sucks. Move on.

• Dislike 3
  • Eyeroll 1

13 hours ago, WestCoastBias said:

Would you rather see baseball get a lifeless dome with artificial grass or another beautiful outdoor ballpark on the bay?  

We already have both, so Id rather see the A's play somewhere that isnt crumbling, with backed up sewers, and in a city where the local government actually cares about their sports teams. Oakland has had nearly 20 years to get a new ballpark built,  but instead the city has lost the Warriors, Raiders, and now the A's. Yes I get that Fischer passed on the Howard terminal park for Vegas, but what about the years before that when they tried San Jose, Fremont to keep the team in the Bay Area? Oakland was silent. Oakland had plenty of chances but Fischer and MLB gave up because the city of Oakland kept dragging their feet to the point that it was too late. Its the same reason the Warriors, and Raiders left too, because the city was silent.

npgi2yago95q2phptzqw.jpg

Oracle_Park_2021.jpg

• Applause 5
  • Dislike 1

Signature intentionally left blank

On 6/8/2024 at 3:47 PM, GDAWG said:

Because professional sports is an entertainment business and Las Vegas happens to be the entertainment capital of the world. It's also one of the fastest growing cities in the country, having almost doubled its population in the past 20 years. The only reason it's taken this long for leagues to put teams there is because they spent decades in fear of the boogieman known as gambling.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spartacat_12 said:

Because professional sports is an entertainment business and Las Vegas happens to be the entertainment capital of the world. It's also one of the fastest growing cities in the country, having almost doubled its population in the past 20 years. The only reason it's taken this long for leagues to put teams there is because they spent decades in fear of the boogieman known as gambling.

For me it's more about "Las Vegas is getting 4 Major League teams way too fast" so much so that I don't think they can sustain all 4 Major League teams plus WNBA, National Lacrosse League, Pro Volleyball Federation, Indoor Football League, MLS team (which they will get) and eventually a Women's soccer team.