Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, NYUNDERDOGS said:

WHAT THE :censored: IS THAT THING

Riddell released a line of faux-alternate helmets called "Blaze" helmets in 2017. For retail sales only.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

5 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Riddell released a line of faux-alternate helmets called "Blaze" helmets in 2017. For retail sales only.

... and many of them are really nice, IMO.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Browns uniforms are such an anomaly.  They truly are a sum of the parts.  To make the Browns one of the best looks in the league, just requires a series of small changes.  They are almost the opposite of the Jaguars.  The Jaguars have a ton of major flaws, but as a whole, they aren't THAT bad... it almost kinds of works.

1 hour ago, CLEstones said:

The Browns uniforms are such an anomaly.  They truly are a sum of the parts.  To make the Browns one of the best looks in the league, just requires a series of small changes.  They are almost the opposite of the Jaguars.  The Jaguars have a ton of major flaws, but as a whole, they aren't THAT bad... it almost kinds of works.

1. Fix the sleeve stripe

2. Remove wordmarks

3. Extend pant stripe down the leg

4. Switch back to 1-color numbers

And the Browns' look is good again.  

33 minutes ago, Volt said:

1. Fix the sleeve stripe

2. Remove wordmarks

White numbers on the brown jersey, brown numbers on the white jersey and white with brown outline on the orange jersey, not a drop shadow would be the best options. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

52 minutes ago, Volt said:

1. Fix the sleeve stripe

2. Remove wordmarks

This is what I mean.  They are pretty minor changes, to be honest.  There is a theme, there is consistency, there is uniformity... they just turned it up to 11 when maybe they should have just turned it up to 9.

56 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

White numbers on the brown jersey, brown numbers on the white jersey and white with brown outline on the orange jersey, not a drop shadow would be the best options. 

I love the orange numbers of the new set and hope they stay. 

Edit: Sorry, meant on the white jersey.

3 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

I love the orange numbers of the new set and hope they stay. 

The biggest issue is legibility. Even with a HD TV people still have a hard time reading the numbers. As a fashion statement it stand out, but as part of a brand it takes away from the look on Gamedays. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

6 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Really? I know your style is out there, but wow.

Explain how my style is “out there”? It’s the first time anyone’s said anything like that. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, NikeRuinsEverything said:

Totally unrelated, how the hell do you add an attachment that isn't a URL, to my attachments in this forum?

Site doesn't host images anymore so you would need to upload it somewhere first then post the url here. 

2 hours ago, NikeRuinsEverything said:

Totally unrelated, how the hell do you add an attachment that isn't a URL, to my attachments in this forum?

Place the picture in Imgur, then click on the share images tab on your picture. Select BB/Forums link and plug that in to the forum discussion. Photobucket works too but Imgur is less ads heavy. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Explain how my style is “out there”? It’s the first time anyone’s said anything like that. 

"Out there" is maybe not fair, but it would apply to someone liking those damn Blaze monstrosities, IMO.

I would consider my tastes to be very traditional. I like the Packers uniform, and have no problems with braisher stripes, three colors max in a scheme.  Where I've noticed your comments regarding uniforms, they seem to be opposite mine.  Not trying to call you out on that, and I owe it to you to look for comments to support that statement, so I will try to do that as I can.

It's where I sit.

I'm from Canton, 34, Browns fan for life. You can choose you marry, but you can't choose who you root for. What Nike did to the Browns was criminal. Nike should be fined by the NFL, and the Browns fans should seek reparations (obviously exaggerating). The NFL needs to allow changes to horrible redesigns that fans obviously hate, instead of forcing teams to wait every 5 years. I feel equally bad for the Rams right now.

I think we can all agree that the Dolphins throwbacks are at worst, a top 5 uniform right now. You know why? It's a simple design that relies on colors and striping. It also has uniformity (the shoulder stripes are matched to the socks). Uniformity in a uniform, huh? It has ZERO Nike branded design elements to it other than the swoosh, which is actually hidden fairly well. Oh, and the design just so happens to incorporate the most successful time in Dolphin history.

BBGD5jK.img?h=630&w=1200&m=6&q=60&o=t&l=

For the Browns, their entire 2015 design needs to be scrapped, deleted, and thrown into hell where it belongs. It can fix it very easily. Taking a little from a few different periods of Browns History, and with a little eye to the future with these simple design changes. 

1. Change the color palate back to Orange, Seal Brown, and White.  

2. The Helmet: 2014 version, with a white facemask. The NFL makes every team in the NFL wear white chinstraps, white nose bumpers, white rear bumpers, and white padding on the inside of helmets. A white facemask makes these blend into the uniform, instead of sticking out as what they are. 

3. Uniforms go back to 2014 with some alterations. Alterations I would recommend involve the pants and socks. The Browns had throwbacks a while back that have 2 aspects I love: The socks and pant striping. The socks striping match the shoulders, and the thinner pant stripes look great. Okay 3 aspects, no logo beneath the collar. 

Charles+Ali+New+York+Giants+v+Cleveland+

4. Pants Colors: Here's a nod to the past and the future. There's a lot of love for the Kardiac Kids of the 80's in Cleveland. Give the fans what they want and throw on a pair of flat Orange pants once in awhile. Just make sure that pants stripe is as thin as pictured above. 

e196c14c7eaa90ba38db987aa2c35079.jpg

Lastly, the full turd uniforms looked pretty awful, but if you add stripes to the pants and socks, they look like a nice alternative look. That's my two cents. 

YYOIP8T.png

Archived