Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

Pretty sure I saw a Twitter post by the Rams this morning, that's since been removed, that showed 3 helmets in front of the Colosseum entrance. One with the Navy/gold, one with the athletic gold, and one blue with white horns...

I tried to click on it on my phone and I could not find it.

rams3_zps8ezugnuj.jpg

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was watching NFL live last night, and they were using the current Rams logo, but recolored in blue and yellow, not their current logos. Granted it is ESPN and wouldn't be the first time they messed up a logo. Still, it was curious.

Edit: it was the exact logo shown in Ferdinand Cesarano's post.

19 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

In a post published on Friday on the blog Inside So. Cal, Jack Wang of the L.A. Daily News included a picture which he credited to the Rams.  It shows a group of people in t-shirts stacking (or unstacking) rolls of sod.  The picture accompanies a story about the team's "Community Improvement Project", by which it funds some community-based project.  The t-shirts of the people in the picture have the current logo in the classic colours.

1284.jpg

Classic colors of...navy and gold?  I don't see bright royal blue and yellow (athletic gold) anywhere on those shirts.

The backstop at Angels Stadium has advertisements for the Rams in navy and gold.  Current logo too, I think.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Classic colors of...navy and gold?  I don't see bright blue and yellow (athletic gold) anywhere on those shirts.

You think that the gold on the logo on those shirts looks like this? 

st_louis_rams.png

5 minutes ago, BrianLion said:

You think that the logo on those shirts looks like this? 

st_louis_rams.png

Yep, especially if there are metallic flecks in the screening of the logo (see something like this, where the gold looks yellow).  The guy wearing the hat doesn't have any yellow on his shirt anywhere.  

If you can prove that without a doubt it is yellow, then go for it.

There's plenty of merchandise with navy and gold...and then there's the royal and yellow stuff...not sure why we'd have random navy and yellow shirts. This stuff really isn't that complex.

1 minute ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Well, I think I do.

Maybe it's just the bright sun, but the colours in that logo sure don't look to me like the current colours.

Those shirts are clearly navy.  Royal blue is unmistakable in bright sunlight.

5 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Those shirts are clearly navy.  Royal blue is unmistakable in bright sunlight.

Compare that shirt with a classic uniform shot:

570d418833b13_ramscomparison.thumb.jpg.1

I really don't see too great a difference in those blues.  To be honest, I see more difference in the yellows.  

But both colours on the t-shirt look to me to be closer to the classic than to the current.  Still, I will concede that it might just be the sun playing tricks.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Yep, especially if there are metallic flecks in the screening of the logo (see something like this, where the gold looks yellow).  The guy wearing the hat doesn't have any yellow on his shirt anywhere.  

If you can prove that without a doubt it is yellow, then go for it.

There's plenty of merchandise with navy and gold...and then there's the royal and yellow stuff...not sure why we'd have random navy and yellow shirts. This stuff really isn't that complex.

Are you blind. Those shirts have the yellow in it. I don't think there is no khaki yellow in those shirts.

4 minutes ago, Silver_Star said:

Are you blind. Those shirts have the yellow in it. I don't think there is no khaki yellow in those shirts.

Nope not blind.  But thanks for the inquiry...I'll send it up to management.  

And it's not yellow.  It's metallic Vegas gold in the sun, which can appear yellow in bright light.  If it's yellow, why is it so faint and mustardy?

Again, there's absolutely no reason for navy and yellow shirts.  If that were the case, Nike would be all over the change.  

2 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Nope not blind.  But thanks for the inquiry...I'll send it up to management.  

And it's not yellow.  It's metallic Vegas gold in the sun, which can appear yellow in bright light.

Again, there's absolutely no reason for navy and yellow shirts.  If that were the case, Nike would be all over the change.  

BrianLion, Gothamite, and Ferdinand already showed you the evidence. So I do not want to debate anymore!

LOL ok.  They compared it against an old Rams jersey...which doesn't match the shirt...then they showed a current Rams shirt which is far closer to the original picture than any throwback/classic colored Rams shirt would be.  

Wow.  Well played.  If this is the best batch of evidence, then I like my chances.

Is UCLA wearing yellow pants in this photograph?  Kinda looks yellow, huh?

50123_websp86ruffhousingpicao.jpg

This reminds me of 2012 when the Falcons released gloves that sorta looked like gold was being added, and several people on this board were 100% without-a-doubt certain gold was added because "hey they used to have it"...but nope it was just the regular silver in a weird light.

NFL_2012_Falcons_VaporJet2Glove_hd_1600.

Remember when we realized the photo below wasn't the classic colors but just the lighting?

1024.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f

5 hours ago, Silver_Star said:

Are you? Yes, some of the shirts look a little yellow, but then the other shirts right next to it are definitely in the current Rams' gold. Plus, the yellow has way too much green in it (kinda like UCLA's gold helmets) for it to be anything close to athletic gold. But, this is a problem the Rams seem to be having with their shirts. Look at this, which is very confusing because that's definitely a brighter/yellow-er gold; and then there's this, which kind of looks like a Dark Royal/Navy with a Gold/yellow scheme. To finish it all off, they have shirts that are definitely in the current colors.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Archived