Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

5 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Honestly the current ram head logo should stay, just recolored it royal blue & yellow.

I somewhat agree. Like the Cardinals' logo, I think the Rams' logo could last for a lifetime. I just think the current logo looks better in the current colors IMO... and I'm one of the many people that prefer the Rams in royal and gold.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

has @NFL_Leaks actually, you know, leaked anything before?  Seems like the kind of boneheadedly-named account that the league could get taken down in an instant.

No he's only "leaked" things that have been leaked elsewhere. His color rush stuff is complete BS. The dude is just trying to get attention.

Rams aren't changing for 2016.

bSLCtu2.png

18 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I somewhat agree. Like the Cardinals' logo, I think the Rams' logo could last for a lifetime. I just think the current logo looks better in the current colors IMO... and I'm one of the many people that prefer the Rams in royal and gold.

Agreed. 

May biggest fear regarding the Rams going back to their classic colours is that they try to fix something that isn't broken. Just recolour the logos you have. They're perfect.

16 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Agreed. 

May biggest fear regarding the Rams going back to their classic colours is that they try to fix something that isn't broken. Just recolour the logos you have. They're perfect.

You and I both know that won't happen. In the NFL's eyes, completely new designs = $$$

Midway.png

3 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Yeah, I'm not buying that line either. A new logo won't result in any less new merch being sold than recoloring the current logo would. Either way, restoring their "real" colors is the key behind the rebrand. 

I dont agree with what ever 'real colors' means.

none of us own the rights.

I would be open to change of just about any kind and they can give change of any kind as they choose.

as long as the horned helmet never changed in any more than a subtle level .

but the base uniform at least needs to look as traditional as possible even though taking away sleeves..takes away the ability to be traditionally creative with a uniform

heres something I made in the old ncaa video game. I wouldnt want them to do this  really...lol... I like pants stripes for the pro's.

I like what I did as a college concept only

BALTIMOREUBUCKINGRAMS1.jpg

BALTIMOREU2.jpg 

they were originally red and black in cleveland

1ARED.jpg

1 hour ago, 1937redskins said:

I dont agree with what ever 'real colors' means.

It's pretty clear that the fans in LA have adopted Royal and Gold as "their" colors.  And the team has heard them. 

What they wore in Cleveland isn't terribly relevant.  Born in Cleveland, but raised in LA.  And they spent most of that time in LA wearing Royal and Gold.  

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

It's pretty clear that the fans in LA have adopted Royal and Gold as "their" colors.  And the team has heard them. 

What they wore in Cleveland isn't terribly relevant.  Born in Cleveland, but raised in LA.  And they spent most of that time in LA wearing Royal and Gold.  

people with money dont give a damn what the fans think or the Browns and Jaguars ad Dolphins etc uniforms would never have been made.

the people can want that all they want but it wont work on tight shoulder jerseys.

but I do hope for something close  though..

people with money dont give a damn what the fans think or the Browns and Jaguars ad Dolphins etc uniforms would never have been made.

the people can want that all they want but it wont work on tight shoulder jerseys.

but I do hope for something close  though..

Owners don't intentionally make decisions to upset their fan bases. No business would survive if they didn't take the customer into account. Just because they made a poor design choice does not mean they didn't think the fans would like it. They thought they would and we're obviously wrong

1 hour ago, dont care said:

Owners don't intentionally make decisions to upset their fan bases. No business would survive if they didn't take the customer into account. Just because they made a poor design choice does not mean they didn't think the fans would like it. They thought they would and we're obviously wrong

dude, thats what i'm getting at..theres no way in hell designers/owners make that big a mistake and then keep it unless theres a premeditated reason.

The nfl and the Rams dont actually have to wait to change the Uni's if they didnt want to. They could change them right now.

theres no so called rule they cant break if they  want to. They wouldnt lose any money doing it.

you and I and everyone who doesnt even care about uni's knows the ones I mentioned, suck.

Anyone one and everyone in the nfl knows they suck. They do it for one reason or another.

they will change the Browns again sooner than later. They are just experimenting and people/fans just take what they are given anyway.

the league just lets people think they have a vote and some power by never changing the Bears,Packers,Cowboys, (Giants-sort of).

but they could alter them all tomorrow and theres nothing anyone could do about it and the gossip would eventually die down and they would keep going to the games anyway and buying the merch.

and we would continue to talk about past favorite uni's, that will never be in style again until they make another sports video game that lets us create our own uni's !

1952_Oct26_PackersLions_1.jpg

the league just lets people think they have a vote and some power by never changing the Bears,Packers,Cowboys, (Giants-sort of).

No.  That's not why those uniforms don't change.  And the NFL has never pretended that fans "have a vote" beyond market forces. 

5 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

No.  That's not why those uniforms don't change.  And the NFL has never pretended that fans "have a vote" beyond market forces. 

you just agreed with me basically.

all in all,yes the current uni's suck. Yes, they could change them now if they wanted to.

theyll probably go somewhat retro but not entirely.

they could take a little bit of brightness/shine out of that past yellow..a teensy bit more mustard

I agree that the NFL hints their fans can influence uniforms based on what gets bought and what lingers in warehouses.  Because they can.  I'm not sure that lines up at all with what you said, but in any case I'm happy we're in agreement. 

As as for a more mustard-y gold, that would I think be replicating the mistakes made in the past.  Bright colors work under the California sun, and the fans have embraced them.  Would be a significant mistake to not being back the color scheme worn by the Rams for decades in LA. 

3 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

I agree that the NFL hints their fans can influence uniforms based on what gets bought and what lingers in warehouses.  Because they can.  I'm not sure that lines up at all with what you said, but in any case I'm happy we're in agreement. 

As as for a more mustard-y gold, that would I think be replicating the mistakes made in the past.  Bright colors work under the California sun, and the fans have embraced them.  Would be a significant mistake to not being back the color scheme worn by the Rams for decades in LA. 

I said..ever so slightly..a shade not quite as bright as before.

Its not the 70s anymore.

that said- I realized last night out of the blue when watching the warriors...

Warriors,USC,old Rams,Chargers, UCLA,Lakers, Old Padres, old Kings, 49ers, A's, Cal State,San Jose State,Ducks; all have yellow/gold secondary colors..why?

because California is the Golden State

and I googled the other day that blue is the most popular color in either the usa or the world,followed by red.

..while i'm at it lol, all three hockey teams in California have a black base color. Thats just wrong !!

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

Well, you're wrong about that.  But whatever. 

Disagree. It's a league rule, not a federal law. The rules are essentially made by the clubs and if an owner could convince the others that it's in their best interest to break it, I'm sure a waiver could be issued or some loophole magically found. 

Mia's for not losing money, that's another story since there's licensees and others that may need to be reimbursed in the event of a last minute change.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Nobody ever said there was a law.  But the rule itself isn't arbitrary or spurious, it's based on real-world concerns such as production time and merchandise pipeline.  It's not some paper distinction that they can just handwave away.  Every time they waive the rule they set a precedent that makes it hard to hold others to it later. 

I would be totally okay with that.  I was never a fan of the shoulder horns, even as a kid - much too cutesy for me.  But though I have quibbles with that uniform, it's worlds better than most of the other options Nike would come up with.

Warriors,USC,old Rams,Chargers, UCLA,Lakers, Old Padres, old Kings, 49ers, A's, Cal State,San Jose State,Ducks; all have yellow/gold secondary colors..why?

because California is the Golden State

and I googled the other day that blue is the most popular color in either the usa or the world,followed by red.

..while i'm at it lol, all three hockey teams in California have a black base color. Thats just wrong !!

I kind of give the hockey teams a pass.  Indoor sports are very different from outdoor sports.  But I like the bright colors in the bright afternoon sun.  The Rams in royal and gold will look great playing the Niners in their bright cherry red, even better than the photo you posted above since San Francisco came to their senses,

Archived