Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, jp1409 said:

And in these mother:censored:ing monochromes...

This.

If they have to be stuck with the STL colors, at least wear the white or gold pants. Burn those navy joints, or only wear them with the white jerseys.

Even if the NFL just allowed them to wear their throwback and / or colour rush uniforms (with white or blue pants, not all yellow again please) for this season as a compromise. At least they are part of a current serviceable set.

20 hours ago, HighCheese said:

Yeah it's too bad too

It's appropriate that they went with song lyrics from sixteen years ago for such a dated uniform.

If they still wore gold pants instead of the horrid white and blue ones, then maybe they could call it "so fresh and so clean." Still not better than the Greatest Show on Turf unis, but not a total eyesore either.

uvvpE5W.jpgrPIu5wm.jpg

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

with the gold pants it's a really good uniform - but they'd need gold pants, not khaki.  Honestly I really liked the side panels that they used for a few years - especially with the white jerseys.  More gold > less gold.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

17 hours ago, Lights Out said:

It's appropriate that they went with song lyrics from sixteen years ago for such a dated uniform.

If they still wore gold pants instead of the horrid white and blue ones, then maybe they could call it "so fresh and so clean." Still not better than the Greatest Show on Turf unis, but not a total eyesore either.

uvvpE5W.jpgrPIu5wm.jpg

These even look quite dated at this point, but they're miles better than the blue monochromes.

Had the Rams used white numbers with a gold outline on the homes, rather than the reverse, these would've been far superior, IMO. Still not on the level of the traditional LA royal blue/athletic gold uniforms, but it'd be an improvement.

I don't think they look dated at all.  Could be an illusion due to the cut, since they're not the tank-top style of today.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I disagree there too.  The trend of darkening / "drabbing" for the sake of marketing was certainly a late '90s / early '00s thing, but if these were brand new I don't think we'd be calling them dated - maybe dull, but not dated.

Those colors (with the gold pants) worn outdoors in natural light aren't that drab.  Are they the right colors for the Rams?  No, of course not.  Is it a good NFL uniform?  IMO yes.

At the end of the day it's all subjective, but it's my opinion/unprovable speculation that these uniforms were a victim of the dome, and at least some people would have different opinions had they been worn in natural light more.  I didn't look for images of the white ones, but they may have been even better.  I even like the side panel (more on the white jersey) since the pants don't have stripes that would cause a misalignment.

81877834-wide-receiver-az-hakim-of-the-s81877831-wide-receiver-az-hakim-of-the-s81877853-wide-receiver-aveion-cason-of-t

I think they still look pretty dark, even outdoors. They needed some more white in that uniform to set off the dark blue and relatively dark gold. As it is, the colors just got muddled down by being so dark, without having any lighter colors to offset them.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that's their best look is the white pants with navy top to distinguish stl from la at least they did wear blue and white for a while in la correct? On the flip side all white or white top blue bottoms are a good transition also I think

Archived