NFL Concepts by mcrosby - Sep.26 updates

mcrosby

Your Jags rebrand is simply top-notch, from A to Z, same goes for the uniforms. It is, without any doubt, my absolute favorite!

Tampa Bay is beautiful as well. I very much dig the alternate uniform. Can't even explain why. This is one of these textbook examples why I think the NFL (and the team owners) should be bolder in terms of design, trying out something new. As a Giants fan, I totally understand the aspect of tradition. Yet, the NFL is way too conservative in that regard.

The Redtails' alternate uniform also looks pretty sweet, same goes for the circle plane logo!

The Eagles minus black? Yes! Uniforms look very good, too. Much cleaner now. You're one of very few people who don't promote Kelly Green to return to the Eagles' color scheme? I have to mark it on my calendar!

Rams logo, plus unis, is simply gorgeous. Period. I can't remember the Ram head logo. Is it new? Anyway, looks awesome.

Jets look super-clean and better than the ones they have right now (although they're good).

The Vikings logo is superb, especially the hidden "MV". Like the unis, too.

My Giants are one of the oldest teams in the NFL (1925), so we don't need to talk about what tradition means to this organization. And once again, I like the alternate uniform best. It looks very old-schoolish, and therefore this very uniform would fit the Giants perfectly – if they were doing something like this.

Very entertaining thread, MC! Keep up the great work...

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Ram head is great and the monogram works well enough. I just do not like the segmented horn, I can’t unsee the crescent moon. The overall shape of the horn is nice if you would just ditch the break that creates two pieces in the logos and on the helmets. Speaking of horns, I think they’re overkill on the shoulders. A USC-style insert works better IMO.

Some thoughts on the other concepts that stood out to me for one reason or another.

-I think you picked the wrong shades of blue and silver for the Cowboys.

-the flame helmet for the Titans is cool but the flame stripe on the pants is weird. Maybe try something coming up from the bottom of the pants? Fire goes up, not down. Also, I’d change the numbers on the blue jersey to white for legibility and to tie the jersey to the pants and helmet better.

-Washington is awesome. I don’t think I’d would change a thing there. The red accents are really sharp.

-I really like what you did with The Bucs, including the number font, but I think you need something on the sleeves, either the skull or numbers. 
-love the racing stripe motif for the Lions, but I think they need some white in there to give some contrast to the blue and silver.

-The Steelers number font inspired by I beams is really clever

-Aside from the logo and the gradient uniform. I love what you did with the Falcons to cleanup their new uniforms

-Ravens are waaay too dark and the the flag pattern in the beak is just too much

-Your Texans concept doesn’t really work with their real logo, just put your logo on the helmet.

-I get what you’re going for with KC and it’s a solid concept, but maybe tone down the roughness/jaggedness of the striping/logo, real Native arrowheads have fewer chips and the lines are generally smoother.

-I never would have taken the Bills in that direction myself, but I really like the nickel blue and everything you have going on with the logo and primary uniforms. I do think the alt should be royal blue, though.

Overall I can appreciate the creativity, but a lot of your designs are a little too gimmicky, IMO, to be seriously considered as NFL uniforms, but I’m just some guy so that doesn’t really matter. Anyway, the concepts themselves are fun and well done. 

18 hours ago, mcrosby said:

It's obvious what the Rams should do for their uniform: Horns on the shoulders.

It's funny you say that, because I reeeally dislike the idea. Horns should be relegated to the helmet only IMO. Rams don't have horns on their shoulders so repeating that design element on the jerseys kinda drags the helmet horns down with it. It makes it seem like horns are the Rams logo when it's really just a unique idea for a helmet that some person had ages ago. I'd probably just put the primary on the side of shoulders and then have tv numbers on the top of the shoulders.

Jags- Awesome, maybe add black pants? 

Titans- The helmet looks great but doesn't really work with the rest of the uniform 

Rams- It's pretty agreed by everybody that the real LA logo is trash, but you actually made it 20x better. The horn actually looks like a Ram, and not like it should be a chargers logo. Not sure if I would have it as the primary, but it's probably good enough to be

Great update on the Lions. I still love that logo, and those double stripes work well for the Lions and have some history for them. I also like the balancing of white on the Bears jersey by adding the white to the sleeve stripes.

Cowboys: Despite the clamoring, I'm sticking with the seafoam silver. It's too weird to not keep. New alt helmet with a big ol' star to match the big ol' stars on the shoulders.

T6qG8Ir.png

Kansas City Chiefs: I'm still surprised how well received the jagged numbers were received. Alt helmet. 

F0HLXJU.png

LA Chargers: atl helmet.

3cbpW6I.png

Miami Dolphins: probably my favorite set in the whole series. New alt helmet with a new alt logo. 

XsWhaa8.png

Cincinnati Bengals: alt helmet. 

AYwCDlh.png

New York Giants: alt helmet

Q6WNHGS.png

San Francisco 49ers: Reworked fog uniform a tad
89V9DVa.png

New England Patriots: A complete rework of the home and away. I've gone for the tricorn helmet throughout and a nice Clarendon number font. The alternate is blue and gold, after General Washington's uniform. Pat doesn't make it onto any of the uniforms because he's so detailed. 

CQKHL4X.png

10 hours ago, mcrosby said:

Cincinnati Bengals: alt helmet. 

Maybe try orange stripes on the black helmet instead of all black. This series is  fantastic though.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

Hey dude, just want to say this project is awesome! Love the detail and thought put into each team - and not just slight tweaks either, full rebrands for teams that some will say can't be touched! Great creativity. The Dolphins colors are dope, love the closer ties with the American Revolution for NE. Also, golden gate bridge for the niners helmet stripe? Amazing!

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Looks fantastic. Specifically enjoy the NE uniforms, San Fran fog alts, and the Giants' logo concept (although the white spacing between N + Y looks a little odd). My only recommended changes would be revisiting the NE patriot logo - I'm a fan of that specific logo itself, but as you mention, its fairly detailed. I know this is contrary to the general concept, but from a branding perspective, I'd keep the current flying head logo (or introduce a new, simplified primary) as the primary and use your version as an updated alt (with the tree being tertiary).

Dude that Patriot helmet is so nice and unique. That whole set is fantastic, almost like a faux back. I've also really grown to love the cardinals concept, that grey/sand away is beautiful. And for my cowboys, I honestly don't hate it, unifying one blue and silver is the right move for sure, and I like the retro feel of the set, reminds me of the 70s/80s uniforms

Las Vegas Raiders: The neon was fun, but probably a bit much. I've gone extra metallic here and included a sword which would only be on one side of the pants. The helmet it metallic with a black metallic logo. 

QDbTT93.png

Atlanta Falcons: Y'all might regret asking for the gradient to go away. Introducing the alternate: PrimeTime. It's got all the glitz and bandana paisley that would make Deion proud. 

7GP0OlB.png

On 5/2/2020 at 11:06 AM, mcrosby said:

Houston Texans: helmet updates. 

azmphFg.png

On the topic of Houston helmets, I would like to see the spacesuit one in white with a navy mask to finish the look.

orionsurvivalsuit.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

41 minutes ago, mcrosby said:

Atlanta Falcons: Y'all might regret asking for the gradient to go away. Introducing the alternate: PrimeTime. It's got all the glitz and bandana paisley that would make Deion proud. 

7GP0OlB.png

How would the alt helmet look if it was black fading into the bandana paisley at the bottom?

Guest darkpiranha
4 hours ago, mcrosby said:

7GP0OlB.png

The alt is fire.  Love the gold.  What would shiny silver look like?  

You know I don't hate that Texans concept, I don't think the current ones should be touched up much, but honestly I like how it all ties in together. The colors work well together and the logo looks nicer on the helmet than I thought it would. I would drop the leather texture as that's a bit gimmicky but I quite like that set! 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Archived