NFL Uniform Concepts | Texans added (2/2)

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely perfect refresh for the Saints. Everything feels natural and makes sense. While I'd switch the white and brass on the black jersey, this is probably the best Saints concept I've ever seen. Amazing work once again.

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

• This is a concept I have shared before, however with some significant tweaks. 
  • The circular number feature on the helmet is both a representation of a number on the side of a racecar and the flag of Indianpolis, as the central goal here is to take a franchise that has had the same aesthetic that it did in Baltimore and make it more centric to the current town. 
  • The switch from over-the-top shoulder stripes to "racing stripes" is also a subtle change with a racecar in mind. 
  • Some nods to the 80s uniforms from when the team first moved to Indianapolis are the hints of grey in the Nike checks (the original Indy Colts had grey pants and grey in their stripes), and the logo on the pant stripe, which was also an element of the 80s. 
  • The Colts' franchise's original uniforms included red, and because red is in the state flag, it's dipped into the uniform here -- only on the helmet, and in the away jersey. The challenge here was to find a way to incorporate a color without feeling it needed to be balanced throughout the uniform. The bumper script is changed from home to away.
  • The new all-blue shell has a satin finish, much like Georgia State's all-blue helmet. A white facemask is available for any week as a changeup. 
  • No alternate jerseys here. For a franchise that has had strict home and road looks for so long, the deviation is in the return of alternate blue pants. 

NFL Re-Imagined | Indianapolis Colts rebrand jerseyedits jersey nike colts indianapolis concepts uniform nfl design nfl uniformNFL Re-Imagined | Indianapolis Colts rebrand jerseyedits jersey nike colts indianapolis concepts uniform nfl design nfl uniform

NFL Re-Imagined | Indianapolis Colts rebrand jerseyedits jersey nike colts indianapolis concepts uniform nfl design nfl uniformNFL Re-Imagined | Indianapolis Colts rebrand jerseyedits jersey nike colts indianapolis concepts uniform nfl design nfl uniform

Guest darkpiranha

I normally like grey, but the Dolphins are a Miami team, and have always been sunshine and water and bright colors, so it just sort of sticks out like a sore thumb.  Plus it gives it too much of a Jacksonville feeling.  

11 minutes ago, scottyeagle said:

The Indiana state flag doesn't have red in it; the Indianapolis city flag does.  I appreciate the different take on the Colts; much better than seeing basically the same concept over and over again

City is what I meant in that description, it's worded correctly higher up. Sure am showing off my rust as a former copy editor! 😅

Agreed on the patch. I think it takes away more from the uniform than it adds. I had my hesitations on the red but it has been tastefully done. I'd consider adding a second stripe on the pants to match the jerseys. 

Overall, this is a really solid take which provides something different.

On 9/24/2020 at 7:55 PM, Brave-Bird 08 said:

NEW YORK GIANTS

• Collars and cuffs incorporate 80s style piping.
  • Number font adjusted to have more curvature, like the primary logo
  • Return to a deeper shade of blue.
  • The vertical sock stripe is not only inspired by uniform styles of the earliest NFL era, but also the appearance of a stirrup
  • The inspiration for the stirrup stripe comes from the alternate uniform, dubbed the "Gotham" uniform. The grey with white piping is a nod to the New York Yankees. 

6bf0d69cdd1afe1694209baf536cc7af.png2f93bbb4ff8449e6fb5628f6319033d1.png

c04840594f53f18d06e2b22b76b7a766.pngNFL Re-Imagined | New York Giants (1/32) redesign branding jerseyedits nike giants new york concept uniform nfl

NFL Re-Imagined | New York Giants (1/32) redesign branding jerseyedits nike giants new york concept uniform nfl5c726a4d1c8d8b6793a608275cd5fdc4.png

Love the home and away options. The outlined numbers and collar on road uniform look great. Can't help but think that the alternate looks like the Detroit Pistons mid-2010's alternate tho.

Ellis: Pistons' Drummond playing like an All-Star

On 9/4/2020 at 12:27 PM, Brave-Bird 08 said:

TENNESSEE TITANS

Follow this project on Dribbble

a19e90064e5ea732ea7ca4568f1655b5.pnge41460b875d45f5b837580eb42596f0f.png

a722a78fcb2cfe571b4105de27dfca51.png3814f18ca358255a70149f49aeaf37a4.png

This is easily one of the best concepts I've ever seen for the Titans.  After seeing the Titans with a navy helmet I don't think white fits them.I'd love to see this with a navy or columbia blue helmet. The navy and road jerseys are amazng. Your usage of the flames on the pants is spectacular. The state shield on the hip looks totally natural. It's clean, has some unique features but manages to be understated which fits the Titans well.

The current Titans set has grown on me but I think you've developed a foundation for an upgrade.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello friends. Big delay in this project because of some things I've run into in life lately, nothing bad, just backed up. I have a lot done, it's just about transferring them onto my template for exporting and I will admit, this laptop runs a bit slow and Inkscape can be buggy. But more to come, thanks for all of the feedback and appreciation for these concepts. I really do love making them and sharing them with this community. 

• 1 month later...

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

• A lot of Eagles concepts I see are a return to Kelly green, so I wanted to make midnight green work for the concept. I did tweak the color from the current to look a tad less teal, because in real life the Eagles can look really teal sometimes. I also wanted to scrap both black and charcoal and replace them, so the scheme here is simply green, and silver. 
  • But, there's a twist. I'm a HUGE fan of the way the Eagles social posts have looked with dark green and the brighter, almost neon green. In the spirit of keeping to the one helmet rule, the alternate replaces the traditional colors with hints of bright green. I figured the green would be popping off in so many places that I didn't want to overdesign the alternate/ The socks are really the main feature of the alternate (and if anyone is wondering, I am planning some new things for Seattle, so this won't be a competing aesthetic)
  • I love the Eagles 70s uniforms, so I wanted to bring back that style. The number font is new and more complimentary to the font, which is also toned down from the 90s-style wordmark they have. 
  • A big try here is to let a custom font and a classic style exist together. I know it's probably going to be a point of emphasis for some, but I really hate feeling like every classic uniform needs block numbers. I never have had issues with combining the two, so this is a take on some personal taste. 

d5614333a749a92b65e67cb9026258fd.png?compress=1&resize=1000x7506182cd2719e00cbd35d946c008a566f5.png?compress=1&resize=1000x750

5ffc7247a15a1c002dcb37d1a507b2a8.png?compress=1&resize=1000x750329de65763b36ea108f7d2f78af56401.png?compress=1&resize=1000x75043066bdc3d737db9a3e2b4462b725253.png?compress=1&resize=1000x750d587a43600bcbe92db292efab47d6e47.png?compress=1&resize=1000x750

Archived