XFL 2023: Third Time's the Charm!

officeglenn

15 hours ago, GDAWG said:

It's expected to open in September

Moving LA to San Diego would be great for the league and city then. With the Roughnecks definitely getting new logos I wonder what other teams will be getting updates? 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

Moving LA to San Diego would be great for the league and city then. With the Roughnecks definitely getting new logos I wonder what other teams will be getting updates? 

Roughnecks are probably relocating due to the Gamblers of the USFL.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, kmccarthy27 said:

I hope we get more than just that X as the league logo. Reminds me of the AAFES PX logos on military posts. 

AAFES unveils new logo > Little Rock Air Force Base > Article Display

• LOL 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The new branding is fine and all, but I'm more curious to see how this league plans to compete in an environment that already has an existing spring league.

The short-lived 2020 XFL had some solid momentum before the pandemic hit. And this new ownership group led by Dany Garcia and Dwayne Johnson clearly saw an opportunity to carry that forward. But that all happened before this revived USFL came into play with backing by FOX and two national broadcast partners in FOX and NBC. 

The messaging in this new XFL hype video isn't anything we haven't already heard before. 

What I'd like to see? Some combination of the two, perhaps as rival conferences, with the winners competing in a championship game. It's the only way I can see both leagues surviving. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

The new branding is fine and all, but I'm more curious to see how this league plans to compete in an environment that already has an existing spring league.

The short-lived 2020 XFL had some solid momentum before the pandemic hit. And this new ownership group led by Dany Garcia and Dwayne Johnson clearly saw an opportunity to carry that forward. But that all happened before this revived USFL came into play with backing by FOX and two national broadcast partners in FOX and NBC. 

The messaging in this new XFL hype video isn't anything we haven't already heard before. 

What I'd like to see? Some combination of the two, perhaps as rival conferences, with the winners competing in a championship game. It's the only way I can see both leagues surviving. 

I think both leagues will stick with their timelines for 2023 (XFL starts in FEB, USFL starts in APR). But if the USFL sees the XFL numbers stay up after they start that could inform the next step for both leagues. The XFL being the NFL test bed may help them get assets that the USFL may not, but in the end it's TV numbers that  will determine this rather than any other measurement. 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 3/11/2022 at 9:32 PM, TBGKon said:

That’s the rumor that’s been going around.

A friend of mine that worked for both the Vipers and the Apollos told me that the original plan was to have the Vipers in Orlando, but because the AAF got their first, they had to settle for Tampa.

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

2 hours ago, DoctorWhom said:

They should have just kept the 2020 logo, It was already a decent upgrade.  

But I guess they didn't want to be associated with what a complete failure that season was. 

Thing is, I wouldn’t say that 2020 was a failure, from what we were seeing. If not for the pandemic shutting everything down (including other sports) like it did, the XFL would’ve easily made it to at least a second season.

I’m not a huge fan of this rebrand, as it seems to be unnecessary and may invite some unwanted (legal) attention on top of it.

I hope I’m wrong here, but with each passing day without any anything tangible (like team/office staff, a draft date, and of course teams and cities), this is starting to feel more and more like the AAF; hopefully we don’t have to wait until June to know where teams are going to play.

Edited by DustDevil61
Starting to feel; know

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33717947/xfl-announces-partnership-nfl-alumni-academy-scout-train-potential-players-xfl-2023-season

Looks like the XFL could be the league that replaces NFL Europe/WLAF. The article doesn't explicitly mention players from NFL teams being sent to XFL squads, but if that happened it would give the XFL a large leg up on the USFL. 

"At a time when the USFL has also entered a crowded spring football landscape, the XFL's deal with the NFL Alumni Academy is exclusive, the league said. The XFL will collaborate on scouting and training resources, and all players who participate in the academy this season will receive an opt-in contract to join the XFL in 2023".

"In a statement, XFL president Russ Brandon called the agreement a "monumental partnership not only for the XFL, but for the entire football ecosystem." The goal of the partnership, the league said, is to "expand player cycles," servicing both the NFL in the fall and the XFL in the spring".

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png