International (NATIONAL TEAMS) Soccer/Football Kits 2021/2022 (World Cup, etc)

andregunts

I guess this is as good a place as any for this ...

Sotheby's is going to auction off the shirt in which Diego Maradona scored the "Hand of God" goal and the "Goal of the Century" later this month. It's expected to fetch at least £4 million ($5.22 million US), and could break the record for the most expensive piece of sports memorabilia ever. That currently belongs to a New York Yankees jersey worn by Babe Ruth somewhere between 1928 and 1930, which sold at auction for $5.64 million US in June 2019.

featured-sq.jpg

More details and history at the mothership.

Edited by officeglenn

martha-thomas-of-scotland-is-challenged-by-laia-aleixandri-of-spain-picture-id1391097846?s=2048x2048

Spain (sky blue) and Scotland wearing their Euro 2022 kits tonight. All adidas teams will have the badge in the center with numbers below. 

christine-sinclair-of-canada-celebrates-with-her-teammates-after-a-picture-id1239937523?s=2048x2048

Canada women wearing gold numbers for their Olympics Celebration Tour vs Nigeria. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

19 minutes ago, Digby said:

Yellow trim for Scotland looks really odd. I'd have confused them for Sweden.

I thought it was a Spanish alternate uniform for a second, then realized the Spanish went with the light blue kits this year. 

jacqueline-burns-of-northern-ireland-watches-as-the-ball-goes-in-for-picture-id1391102214?s=2048x2048

Northern Ireland's Euros kit. England still wearing their World Cup home kit from 2019.

lauren-hemp-of-england-celebrates-with-teammates-after-scoring-their-picture-id1391102204?s=2048x2048

belfast-united-kingdom-12-april-2022-lauren-hemp-of-england-in-action-picture-id1239938355?s=2048x2048

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 2 weeks later...

Full adidas jersey layout for teams playing in the Euros:

adi euro 1-min.jpg

Belgium

adieuro 3-min.jpgadieuro 4-min.jpg

Germany

adieuro 8-min.jpgadieuro 9-min.jpg

Northern Ireland

adieuro 18-min.jpg

Spain

adieuro 15-min.jpgadieuro 16-min.jpg

adieuro 19-min.jpg

Sweden

adieuro 14-min.jpgadieuro 2-min.jpg

So all of the adidas teams appear to wear the same away kit, just in different colors. That's pretty underwhelming. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 4/7/2022 at 3:09 PM, officeglenn said:

I guess this is as good a place as any for this ...

Sotheby's is going to auction off the shirt in which Diego Maradona scored the "Hand of God" goal and the "Goal of the Century" later this month. It's expected to fetch at least £4 million ($5.22 million US), and could break the record for the most expensive piece of sports memorabilia ever. That currently belongs to a New York Yankees jersey worn by Babe Ruth somewhere between 1928 and 1930, which sold at auction for $5.64 million US in June 2019.

featured-sq.jpg

More details and history at the mothership.

His sister or a relative claims that this was not the one worn as Diego switched (switches?) it during HT.  Who really knows whether it's the exact one worn or or worn when that fist goal happened.

39 minutes ago, sayahh said:

His sister or a relative claims that this was not the one worn as Diego switched (switches?) it during HT.  Who really knows whether it's the exact one worn or or worn when that fist goal happened.

They reportedly switched to lighter jerseys that were not made by Le Coq Sportif. They then cut the badges and sponsor logo and stitched them on the other shirt. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, sayahh said:

Sotheby's seems pretty certain that it's the right shirt. They've had an outside firm photomatch it to what he was wearing in the second half. Regardless, there's been a bid and the reserve has been met, so it's selling one way or the other.

• Like 1

The 'Hand of God' shirt auction closed at 11:01 a.m. ET today:

Beats out an original handwritten Olympic manifesto that sold for $8.8 million US in December 2019 and a Babe Ruth Yankees jersey from the late 1920s that sold for $5.64 million US in June 2019.

Here's my writeup for the mothership, where I'm adding more details as I find them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2022 at 10:44 AM, MJWalker45 said:

opdNDDn.png

Senegal home shirt

I really like the arrangement of the logos and star on the front. I think if they had been on the same horizontal plane, it would’ve been too cluttered. Having them arranged like this looks very balanced. This is a really nice kit.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Errea also released kits for smaller UEFA federations today.

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2022/05/errea-2022-uefa-national-team-kits.html

Love that they didn't just go with a bunch of stock designs and actually made each kit unique to every country. 

BTW, should we start a 2022/23 thread for this and move some posts to said thread? 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

2 hours ago, GriffinM6 said:

Errea also released kits for smaller UEFA federations today.

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2022/05/errea-2022-uefa-national-team-kits.html

Love that they didn't just go with a bunch of stock designs and actually made each kit unique to every country. 

BTW, should we start a 2022/23 thread for this and move some posts to said thread? 

9Zb8eGv.png

Cyprus

ztI8j8d.png

San Marino

wSGC04f.png

Andorra

4xW2tA1.png

XKkUBAW.png

Belarus

k03oP4j.png

Luxembourg

vOUfAXk.png

Lichtenstein

cIgHwSe.png

Malta

qj9BmBt.png

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

5 hours ago, TenaciousG said:

This new centered crest fad has gotta stop

I wouldn't mind it as much if they didn't just stack everything up there. The numbers on that Czechia kit will look off no matter where they get placed. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png