NWSL Kits

upperV03

Home opener for the Red Stars is tonight, and it looks like there will be a new home kit unveiled along with it. I trust this club to come up with another winner, but the Elevated kit is going to be tough to match or beat.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• 1 month later...
On 5/22/2021 at 3:27 AM, MJWalker45 said:

Official team gear for Kansas City NWSL – KC NWSL StoreKC NWSL unveils jersey sponsor, uniform look for 1st season | The Kansas  City Star

Rolling with teal socks as well. 

Interesting at least, do like the sunrise set.

Noticed the slight off coloured pattern on the white shirt.

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

6 hours ago, tigers said:

Interesting at least, do like the sunrise set.

Noticed the slight off coloured pattern on the white shirt.

It's a Nike teamwear jersey, so that's not a pattern specific to Kansas City. The red shirt is a new teamwear shirt for 2021 and the white shirt is a carryover from 2019-2020. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 5/23/2021 at 10:51 AM, upperV03 said:

Here is the new Red Stars kit:

spacer.png

spacer.png
Pretty nice overall, but I don’t think it’s as good as either their primary or secondary kits.

The part I don't like about this is that they were obviously made to fit a sponsor, but without one the jersey looks incomplete. The train and rails should be higher up, and placing the sponsor below the train wouldn't necessarily be the worst idea if they had done that. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Couldn’t help but see MNUFC at first with the crest shape and structure, but not a huge problem. I wouldn’t normally like all that gradient business but in this case it recalls LA Art Deco really beautifully, and I’m so glad they’re all in on the rose-gold color. 

Crazy that we really aren’t that far removed from how amateur most of the team logos looked 5 years ago.

• Like 5

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

That is a good-looking crest. I love that shade of pink and the angel icon is well-made. Not sold on the gradient (I think the shading could be done by creating negative space between the head, wing, and tail[?]) but overall a great look.

• Like 1

the user formerly known as cdclt

15 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I was afraid they would stay black and white like that interim logo.  So glad they didn't!!!

Their first logo had cream in it. I hope they have a cream kit instead of white.

Aight, what you got San Diego???

I'm just learning about the San Diego expansion. How exciting.

The NWSL is really shaping up to be a fantastic looking league. Taking a look at all their badges, I'd say only the Washington Spirit is in need of an upgrade. I also really love that KC logo, even though I know it's a placeholder. I'm not sure what the plan is for creating a name for the franchise, but I hope they consider keeping that logo. 

Maybe I'm being overly critical, but I'm only like 50% sold on this Angel City logo... There's a lot of good stuff here but honestly some aspects of the execution are kinda off-putting. 

The use of the colors and gradients are great, and the front of the angel is nice... But the back wing looks odd in its current position and orientation (assuming it's not meant to be a tail or a dress?) And worst of all, the shield as-is just interacts so awkwardly with the angel, IMO, especially with all that empty space between her and the text.

Here's a couple of quick edits that I made to address those concerns:

zPlUG4j.png        61x94iH.png

It's not necessary, but I thought a halo looked nice.

Anways, I definitely prefer the IRL shield-less application over the shield; barring any changes, I hope that's what goes on the jerseys.

• Like 6