The Spring League adds 2 teams

LogoFan

One good, one bad. 

The Sea Lions was an unused A11FL logo from Dane Storrusten, but with a new wordmark.  A+

spacer.png

The Lineman logo...not sure who designed it but what is it that adding steaks behind something is supposed to make it a good logo?  D.  At least it's not the Buffaslug.  Poor name to begin with and logo doesn't save it.
TSLLinemen.jpg

1 minute ago, LogoFan said:

One good, one bad. 

The Sea Lions was an unused A11FL logo from Dane Storrusten.  A+

Sea Lions logo

The Lineman logo...not sure who designed it but what is it that adding steaks behind something is supposed to make it a good logo?  D.  At least it's not the Buffaslug.  Poor name to begin with and logo doesn't save it.
Linemen logo

They said to guess the name, I would have said Wildcatter but not Lineman. At least the old unused logos are now getting used legitimately instead of rotting in message boards as recolored high school logos. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

25 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

Linemen's logo looks like a fictional Pittsburgh or Hamilton, ON team you'd see in a sports movie.

hamilton, ontario, you say? would you say the lineman's confidence is all ego?

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

I have as much confidence in this league as I did the A11FL which is none. Especially with the XFL restarting again, FCFL and others already filling the market. They don’t have a known brand like the XFL, or already established and somehow functioning like the FCFL.

18 hours ago, dont care said:

I have as much confidence in this league as I did the A11FL which is none. Especially with the XFL restarting again, FCFL and others already filling the market. They don’t have a known brand like the XFL, or already established and somehow functioning like the FCFL.

Unlike the A11FL that never saw the field, The Spring League is now on its 5th season.  They have had absolutely the most modest of structures.  Ironically, they partnered with the AAF and then XFL.  While both of the latter leagues are gone, TSL is still around.  They will have 8 teams this season but have no wish to try to be on the big stage.  Modest plans seem to have worked for them.

1 minute ago, LogoFan said:

Unlike the A11FL that never saw the field, The Spring League is now on its 5th season.  They have had absolutely the most modest of structures.  Ironically, they partnered with the AAF and then XFL.  While both of the latter leagues are gone, TSL is still around.  They will have 8 teams this season but have no wish to try to be on the big stage.  Modest plans seem to have worked for them.

They aren't a league any more than they are a glorified moving combine. Most of the players pay to play in the league. They have low costs as well because they aren't paying for facilities that cost as much as renting a group of football practice fields and some emergency services people to be on site during practices and games. Last year they actually had players swapping teams when they were in San Antonio due to Covid outbreaks in one of the teams. Then they played the championship in Florida because people werre complaining when they stopped altogether. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

10 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Notice they get on these channels in seasons 4 and 5, not #1.

Yes, yes indeed I noticed, but to be fair there weren't really much of a "league" in the first few years. More like a glorified combine with some scrimmage type games really. They have grown slowly and unlike many other startup "leagues" at leas they are still around.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived