2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

On 12/27/2021 at 9:07 AM, Sport said:

Here's some more pictures. As a fan, I'm a fan. 

Burrow_J_USATSI_17412846.jpg

1361095657.jpeg

original.jpg

would've been a good day for the Ravens to use their purple pants. 

This is a very superior set. This is one colour jersey and pants done right! It has enough elements to keep the team’s colour balance, not one colour is over powering the other and those socks really make it pop! A+

zyyMk1d.png

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was out of town for the holiday, sorry for the delays.

Regular Season Week 17 (Part1)
Falcons @ Bills
zmtoFLa.jpguNwHTwm.jpg
Jaguars @ Patriots

uITDU3r.jpg
gFBFuGD.jpg
Chiefs @ Bengals
PmHBUXg.jpgYWOOatR.jpg
Rams @ Ravens
sSZy3qd.jpg

opOv7SB.jpg
Raiders @ Colts
2luZyj4.jpg6etsv9p.jpg
Dolphins @ Titans
R8aMgE4.jpgfNVKUop.jpg
Giants @ Bears 
qGeJvjt.jpguW7aO3E.jpg
Eagles @ Washington
TxAti9r.jpg qR3zN9m.jpg

Here is my prediction on uniforms

Jaguars break out teal pants

Chiefs stick to all white (imo the red pants look better)

Rams wear sol pants again 

Eagles go white over black or green (probably black)

Panthers bring back the blue socks

saints wear black and gold for the first time in the dome since 2018

Detroit wears blue pants

vikings go all white

42 minutes ago, Phillyspecial2018 said:

Jaguars break out teal pants

Chiefs stick to all white (imo the red pants look better)

Rams wear sol pants again 

Eagles go white over black or green (probably black)

Panthers bring back the blue socks

saints wear black and gold for the first time in the dome since 2018

Detroit wears blue pants

vikings go all white

I agree with most of this. I think we might see Carolina in white over black vs. the Saints in black over gold, which would be far more interesting than the typical white/white vs, black/black we get every year. I just hope we at least get one of the two.

I have the Rams in blue pants this game. Wouldn't mind the Ravens in black against a team with bright colors, but they may save that for Week 18 vs. Pittsburgh.

Remember last year with the Vikings, the whole "wearing all white at night outdoors so that you can see better" nonsense?  This is their first opportunity to do so since that Monday night game last season. I'd say it's pretty much a lock, which is nice since it's been the same uni matchup at Lambeau every year since the redesign in 2013.

As someone who hates the Eagles in white over black, I think it actually might work well this week against Washington. They have worn the green pants enough in D.C. over the years that I would welcome something new to spice things up.

May be an image of 1 person, playing football and text that says 'WEEK 17 THREADS JERSE > JERSEY COLOR TUCKER JUSTIN > 9 RAVENS vs SUN. JAN. 2 1:00 PM EST PANTS COLOR @RAVENS'

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

14 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

When they have a more popular all-purple uniform that they wore recently, why would the wear a worse version of it?

I'm not sure the Color Rush is the more popular of the two.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

17 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

I'm not sure the Color Rush is the more popular of the two.

Totally.  If they have to go all purple (which they don't), this combo is way better.  The gold on the CR set looks awful.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Haven't seen anything yet, but I'd wager the Eagles are in black pants again (assuming WFT is in their midnight red tops).  I'd also expect them to wear black pants if they're able to get into the playoffs and their first round opponent doesn't wear white at home.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

14 hours ago, gothedistance said:

I like the all black uniform. The Jets all black is one of the better all blacks. The only thing I don't like is that they don't use green socks with the all black, which would add meaning to the gotham green on the side panel of the black pants, the shoulder of the jersey, and green helmet, complimenting those other parts of the uniform.

The problem with the black uniform isn't necessarily that it looks bad. It's that it doesn't look like the Jets. Black is not a Jets color. At most, it should be used as trim. Green and white have always been the Jets primary colors and should continue to be.

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

3 minutes ago, throwuascenario said:

The problem with the black uniform isn't necessarily that it looks bad. It's that it doesn't look like the Jets. Black is not a Jets color. At most, it should be used as trim. Green and white have always been the Jets primary colors and should continue to be.

This is spot-on. The team nickname is literally 'Gang Green' and they wear black or white jerseys for more than half of their home games.

On 12/27/2021 at 9:07 AM, Sport said:

Here's some more pictures. As a fan, I'm a fan. 

Burrow_J_USATSI_17412846.jpg

1361095657.jpeg

original.jpg

would've been a good day for the Ravens to use their purple pants. 

9 hours ago, leopard88 said:

May be an image of 1 person, playing football and text that says 'WEEK 17 THREADS JERSE > JERSEY COLOR TUCKER JUSTIN > 9 RAVENS vs SUN. JAN. 2 1:00 PM EST PANTS COLOR @RAVENS'

I’m curious: how do we feel in general about matching jerseys and pants, if the socks at least contrast?

In the case of the Ravens, I like that combo a lot, I’d even be happy with it being the team’s primary home combo.

As for the Bengals, I probably prefer black socks with that combo, since all of the other orange in the combo is paired with black stripes. The orange alternate jersey definitely benefits from having orange socks to pair with it, though.

Some other combos of matching jersey & pants with contrasting socks that I think could work:

• the Lions with blue jersey & pants but gray socks;
  • the Texans with red jersey & pants but navy socks; &
  • the Titans with light blue jersey & pants but navy socks.

I think my general rule is that monochrome can work in certain instances, as long as the helmet matches the socks. When the helmet is one color & the rest of the uniform is another, it looks unbalanced. Matching socks can help mitigate that.

Also keep in mind that his undershirt is breaking up the solid purple look.  At this point it's only a matter of time before those shirts will be condsidered parts of the actual uniform, with the jerseys cropped even higher to allow for that color contrast (if contrasting) to be at least uniform amongst the players.

If he had half a sack he'd get a western-style belt design printed onto his t-shirt.

When you think about how the jersey and pants have shrunk so much over the years, and how the socks are now solid color and really tall, the jersey and pants together are basically what the jersey used to be, and the socks are what the pants used to be, so monochrome with contrasting socks is kinda/sorta what used to be normal.  

Archived