2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

Regarding the Saints and a handful of other teams, preseason can be  misleading when it comes to uniforms in some cases. However, when teams like the Jets, Dolphins, and Washington wear dark/colored pants instead of white, that is usually an indication that this is still the favored look, particularly since some teams try to limit the amount of pant options in preseason when half the guys out there won't end up making the team. I've heard of teams like Cincinnati, Philly, and the Jets only using white pants in the preseason for this reason.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, gothedistance said:

Why do teams still call their uniforms color rush?

On a similar note, perhaps a better question would be, why do teams still think they have to wear the Color Rush jersey with the Color Rush pants and socks? The Seahawks are one of few teams to wisely mix things up and create some much-needed contrast. The Cowboys have done something similar with the white pants and navy jersey.

9 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

Last two years when the Cowboys announced their jersey schedule they were August 28 for last year 2020 and August 23 for 2019. Dallas should have their announcement about their jerseys around the same time as the aforementioned. I'm hoping to see more of the navy blues this year.

Keep hoping

5 hours ago, gothedistance said:

Last two years when the Cowboys announced their jersey schedule they were August 28 for last year 2020 and August 23 for 2019. Dallas should have their announcement about their jerseys around the same time as the aforementioned. I'm hoping to see more of the navy blues this year.

Florida teams usually wear white early on due to the heat, so I'm sure you'll see navy in Tampa.

4 hours ago, slats7 said:

Florida teams usually wear white early on due to the heat, so I'm sure you'll see navy in Tampa.

With it being a prime time game they might not. But I can see them wearing white to wear the same uni’s they won the super bowl in.

On 8/17/2021 at 3:20 AM, gothedistance said:

The color rush program has been done away with. Why do teams still call their uniforms color rush?

Color Rush as a program is done. Meaning the rules mandating when it has to be worn and how it has to be worn are over. The concept and practice is still allowed though.

If memory serves in 2018 the League decided that teams are allowed up to 2 alt uniforms and that those alts can be a combo of any of the following: straight up alternate, throwback or color rush concept.

Some teams opted for 2 throwback like the Dolphins did. Some with 2 color rush like the Chargers did. Some picked an alt and throwback, some an alt and color rush and some just picked one alt, and some opt for nothing.

So even if the look abandon the mono idea of color rush (Seahawks) if it started with it people still refer to it as such, and any new mono option not part of the normal home or away also is painted with the color rush name (both Charger Alts as an example).

18 hours ago, GoHawks said:

Cowboys should wear navy jerseys at home against NFC east teams and teams they play often (packers) because we always seem to see the same uni matchups every time. 

That's exactly why they don't; they prefer the white look which is why so many teams troll them by randomly wearing white when the Cowboys are in town.

Also, after the run Tampa went on late last year I fully expect white over pewter every single week unless they absolutely can't.

ClAFLDa.png

19 minutes ago, Michael Bolton said:

Also, after the run Tampa went on late last year I fully expect white over pewter every single week unless they absolutely can't.

Yeah, I'm expecting to see a lot of that look this season. Still better than white on white, but fans will definitely be begging for the red jerseys by November. Worth noting that they ARE wearing a colored jersey vs. the Giants at least for the Monday night game. The Panthers schedule indicates that they'll be in white at home in Week 18 though, which is pretty suggestive.

I'd say this is a legitimate possibility:

Color Rush pewter vs. the Giants on MNF Week 11

Standard red over pewter  vs. the Saints on SNF Week 15

white for the other six home games, including the opener vs. Dallas

Archived