2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

So, basically, there are very strict rules for how often you can wear alternate uniforms, unless you bother to ask if you can wear them more, at which point the league says sure, and then you do whatever you want.

I'm willing to be the NFL only allowed it because of it being an anniversary season which reminds me of a similar rule in the NBA that a team can't wear a throwback unless it's tied to an anniversary or honoring something legit and not just being a random occurence.

The NFL is still strict about things regardless. One instance I can remember off the top of my head is that the 49ers tried to wear the Color Rush uniform in the Super Bowl a few years ago and they said no.

bSLCtu2.png

7 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I'm willing to be the NFL only allowed it because of it being an anniversary season which reminds me of a similar rule in the NBA that a team can't wear a throwback unless it's tied to an anniversary or honoring something legit and not just being a random occurence.

The NFL is still strict about things regardless. One instance I can remember off the top of my head is that the 49ers tried to wear the Color Rush uniform in the Super Bowl a few years ago and they said no.

The league let instances get by. In 2019 the Seahawks wore their wolf grey against the Cardinals and 49ers, and lime green color rush against the Rams and Vikings, 4 times to the allowed 3 times that is supposed to be. Then you had the Ravens who exceeded the limit many times.

I also remembered the Saints not being allowed to wear their color rush in the playoffs.  New Orleans was denied.

I'm pretty sure Buffalo will be in all white for their home opener against the Steelers.

Is Washington wearing white at home now? If they are, it's because they favor the all white look. 

New Orleans doesn't wear white at home anymore except if it's a color rush uniform. 

I think the Browns will wear browns pants this time against the Chiefs.

Are the Eagles still going to go with all white? Is the new coach going to do things differently?

Seattle will do at Indy the same as they did against Atlanta last year to start the season. The Seahawks will either go with white over grey or all white.

9 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Let's not forget in 2019 when the league somehow allowed the Browns to wear Color Rush as their standard home jersey.

Bills in anything but all-white seems highly unlikely. They haven't worn white over blue at home since 2012.

I'm gonna guess Washington sticks with burgundy over white and then goes white on white vs. the Giants on TNF Week 2. I don't think they'd wear burgundy pants if they do in fact wear white at home for the opener. Chargers pant color is a toss-up as always.

As I've pointed out before, Philly wore black socks in preseason of 2019 and then proceeded to wear white socks during the season. Not sure I see that changing since the players seem to like it, even with the coaching change. I'm praying they somehow wear green pants.

I'd also put money on Cleveland in white over brown and NO in all black.

4 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Let's not forget in 2019 when the league somehow allowed the Browns to wear Color Rush as their standard home jersey.

It became their primary that year. The same as when the Rams made their throwback their main colors in 2018.

3 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Bills in anything but all-white seems highly unlikely. They haven't worn white over blue at home since 2012.

I'm gonna guess Washington sticks with burgundy over white and then goes white on white vs. the Giants on TNF Week 2. I don't think they'd wear burgundy pants if they do in fact wear white at home for the opener. Chargers pant color is a toss-up as always.

As I've pointed out before, Philly wore black socks in preseason of 2019 and then proceeded to wear white socks during the season. Not sure I see that changing since the players seem to like it, even with the coaching change. I'm praying they somehow wear green pants.

I'd also put money on Cleveland in white over brown and NO in all black.

I think Washington dons the white jerseys against the Chargers. Especially considering the temperature in the early season. They don't want to miss on exploiting the advantage. It also depends on who calls the shots. Some teams their HC makes the decisions on the uniforms, other teams it's someone else in the organization. Ron Rivera likes the all white look. He had his team wear white jerseys for their playoff home game against Tampa. He did the same in Carolina.

3 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

It became their primary that year. The same as when the Rams made their throwback their main colors in 2018.

This is correct.

It was a re-designation of an existing uniform in the current set at the time.

Another comparison would be Jacksonville making teal the primary now and making black the alt or when Denver made the orange the primary and moved the navy to the alt.

Nothing new was introduced it was just changing what was considered primary and what was alt.

3 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

I am holding out hope that Bucs go red/pewter on opening night.  Take advantage of an early season night game.

So am I, but between them winning the Super Bowl in white/pewter in that stadium and them already having worn white at home vs. Dallas in recent seasons (even as late as Week 10 in 2015), I don't think we should get our hopes up.

@canzmanWhy does the new template of the Baltimore Ravens — regardless of uniform combination (3 shown thus far) —  display the right side profile view cleats with the word 'NIKE' on them backwards?

I love your work, and I would like to save each combo (hopefully you post all 10 of theirs at some point, whether they wear each or not) to my external hard drive 'Baltimore Ravens' folder of many aplenty accrued images from over the years, including your past template creations (with the #17 on each jersey).

However, that backwards Nike wordmark is going to drive my OCD crazy, especially since that is the only team with said problem — which is obviously an oversight, but just bringing it to your attention.

Eagles numbers don't really work on this new template.  Also kinda looks like they got the Bengals stripes on them.  Helmet looks pretty sweet though.

86N3Mo5.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

43 minutes ago, FSUViking said:

All these teams wearing WHITE at home...🤮🤬

That’s what I hate about the early part of the season.  So many matchups just look so awkward and unappealing. I’d love to see the league schedule all the warm weather teams on the road to start the season one year.

Archived