2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

Some thoughts about the Bucs:

Really hope the Rams are not in bone again for that Week 3 matchup..

Red only 3 games and against the same team for 2 of those is an absolute disgrace. Just pathetic and inexcusable. Not sure how they can expect the fans to be okay with this. I guess the Saints are wearing Color Rush after the playoff loss? Not sure why teams love to place some of the blame on their jersey color for losses. How bout play better?

White for the January home game is just pathetic and makes zero sense. We rarely see the Panthers in white at Tampa Bay, which is a shame.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Such a shame I know that the Buccaneers  won the Super Bowl in white jerseys last year but I wish that they would wear their red jerseys at home more often. Red jerseys only 3 times this year and only twice at home is pathetic.

2 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Contradictory statement of the year goes to:

I said pleasing because this time the matchup will be acceptable to more people, the Lion's white jersey and whatever pants they wear versus the Falcons in their black throwbacks. The former wasn't pleasing to a greater majority of people. Only a small amount of people thought the Lions' gray and Falcons red gradient is good. The latter isn't going to be scorned at.

14 hours ago, gothedistance said:

I said pleasing because this time the matchup will be acceptable to more people, the Lion's white jersey and whatever pants they wear versus the Falcons in their black throwbacks. The former wasn't pleasing to a greater majority of people. Only a small amount of people thought the Lions' gray and Falcons red gradient is good. The latter isn't going to be scorned at.

I feel ya. The wording was just kind of funny. I agree it will be pleasing but only if Detroit wears blue pants. Gray would be way too plain looking with the black-heavy ATL throwback set.

16 hours ago, Bathysphere said:

*whispers* ᵗʰᵉʸ ᵃˡˢᵒ ʷᵒⁿ ᵃ ˢᵘᵖᵉʳ ᵇᵒʷˡ ⁱⁿ ʳᵉᵈ⁻ᵖᵉʷᵗᵉʳ

Which is exactly why this logic is dumb. Would they not have beaten a decimated KC team if they wore red? How come other teams who’ve  won Super Bowls in white still wear their colors? I guess the only real difference would’ve been the Week 18 game though. They may have worn white against Dallas either way. They still essentially switch to colored jerseys mid season as usual. There’s just no home game between Weeks 7 through 11.

I think it's just that Tampa was so bad for so many years between their Super Bowls. SBl XXXVII (red jerseys) is ancient history at this point. That set looked nice but was worn by mostly terrible teams from like 2006 until the alarm clock rebrand. Now they finally have a uniform associated with winning after almost two decades. I agree it's pretty stupid logic but what are ya gonna do.

ClAFLDa.png

2 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Which is exactly why this logic is dumb. Would they not have beaten a decimated KC team if they wore red? How come other teams who’ve  won Super Bowls in white still wear their colors? I guess the only real difference would’ve been the Week 18 game though. They may have worn white against Dallas either way. They still essentially switch to colored jerseys mid season as usual. There’s just no home game between Weeks 7 through 11.

Performance-wise aside, Tampa has worn white at home during the night before; 2002 against the Rams.

Then there's many other instances of teams doing WAH in the opener despite the game being at night.

- 2002 Texans against Cowboys

- 2003 Eagles against Buccaneers

- 2004 Panthers against Packers

- 2007 Eagles against Washington former name

- 2010 Saints against Vikings

- 2010 Jets against Ravens

- 2013 Chargers against Texans

Arizona  wore white at home during the night many times when they played at Sun Devil Stadium.

On 9/3/2021 at 1:53 PM, Germanshepherd said:

"The team will also be wearing all white (white jerseys, white pants, white socks) twice this season at home"

Did everyone just skip over this part of the article? I really hope this is not true 

13 hours ago, GoHawks said:

"The team will also be wearing all white (white jerseys, white pants, white socks) twice this season at home"

Did everyone just skip over this part of the article? I really hope this is not true 

The white socks with white pants and jersey is boring most of the time. One team team I like who does it that pulls it off well is the Packers all white color rush. Who I hope returns this year.

43 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

The white socks with white pants and jersey is boring most of the time. One team team I like who does it that pulls it off well is the Packers all white color rush. Who I hope returns this year.

White socks with white pants and jerseys is ALWAYS bad. Packers would be better with green socks, cowboys would be better with navy socks, falcons would be better with black socks etc.

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

White socks with white pants is the second worst look in football, right behind black socks with black pants. 

So, you know, the Falcons have it all pretty much sewn up.

How about black pants with white socks? Had any team ever done that?

44 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

How about black pants with white socks? Had any team ever done that?

I believe the Ravens did that in the first couple of years

Hotter Than July > Thriller

4 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

White socks with white pants is the second worst look in football, right behind black socks with black pants. 

So, you know, the Falcons have it all pretty much sewn up.

White socks and white pants is worse than black socks and black pants imo. Jaguars look way worse in teal/white/white compared to teal/black/black.  Same thing goes for the Saints, Eagles, Jets. Only team I can think of where the white/white looks better is the Bengals color rush

Archived