2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the most WAH games in a week. The record is 9 games, in the 1980 and 2002 seasons.

1980 week 2

Jets at Bills

Falcons at Patriots

Seahawks at Chiefs

Steelers at Colts

Cowboys at Broncos

Raiders at Chargers

Bengals at Dolphins

Washington  at Giants

Oilers at Browns

2002 week 1

Cardinals at Washington

Ravens at Panthers

Lions at Dolphins

Colts at Jaguars

Chiefs at Browns

Eagles at Titans

Chargers at Bengals

Saints at Buccaneers

Cowboys at Texans

Some of the games for Week 1 of the 2021 have been confirmed, the ones without a question mark. It could potentially be this...

Bears at Rams

Eagles at Falcons

Jets at Panthers

Vikings at Bengals

Jaguars at Texans

Cowboys at Buccaneers ???

Cardinals at Titans ???

Steelers at Bills ???

Chargers at Washington ???

Packers at Saints ???

Are there other weeks in a season that had 9 WAH games? If anyone is able to look it up and find them.

2 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

NFL social media has posted an ad for the Eagles Falcons game with two Eagles players in green and two Falcons players in white. Could the Falcons be wearing white at home for the opener? They did wear white at home last season against Denver in the middle of the season.

There was also an ad posted for the kickoff game with Elliot in white and Brady in red. These posts sometimes mean something and sometimes do not, but it's worth speculating.

B is are wearing white, and cowboys are wearing navy.  That’s already has been confirmed. 

35 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

The gradient uniforms have been so poorly-received that the team is literally refusing to wear them in this country this season.

As it should be.  It's college looking.  I would've much preferred seeing red instead of the red-to-black, like others would.

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

Honestly, I didn’t mind the Falcons-Lions matchup last season. I thought it looked fine

spacer.png

Might be one of the ugliest matchups I've ever seen. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

19 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Might be one of the ugliest matchups I've ever seen. 

I’ll echo that …. 

Their best uniform set ever is from their expansion season of 1966 which they donned for some games back in 2009, when the original 8 AFL clubs were having their AFL-50 Legacy season.

All they had to do was revert to those and they’d look like a traditional NFL club again, plus they were mighty damn sharp looking IMO.

spacer.png

22 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

They have the pants listed as TBA every week, but we all know it'll be black/black or white/white 98% of the time.

Panthers wait until gameday for pants reveal too.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

22 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

They have the pants listed as TBA every week, but we all know it'll be black/black or white/white 98% of the time.

They'll wear the white pants with the black tops in Tampa and Miami most likely. Don't know about the Dallas game.

21 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Honestly, I didn’t mind the Falcons-Lions matchup last season. I thought it looked fine

spacer.png

Unpoular opinion: I thought this uniform matchup was actually good. 

We get the Lions vs Falcons again. This time it will be pleasing.

Really not impressed at wearing white at home in friggen January.  I don't remember what the split was last season, but I know they wore red for every home game except one in 2019 (against Arizona, probably as part of the agreement with them to hire Arians). Bruce in general seems to be above the whole "beat the heat in white" concept himself. This has to be something coming from the players, which I get it - they have to play in the uniforms, not us - but it does make for an underwhelming schedule. 

As for the Falcons, cannot help but notice that the pants are left TBA for every game except the games where they're wearing the red alt and the fauxbacks. Hope that's a sign of good things to come. Their preseason home games were a mixed bag in that regard.

spacer.png

I mean, I get why Tampa wants to wear white/pewter as much as possible, it just sucks it's at the expense of their best uniform combo. Only wearing red three times is a damn shame.

Edit: and they're wearing white pants against Buffalo, so red/pewter will only be worn twice.

ClAFLDa.png

1 hour ago, Germanshepherd said:

Looking at the uniform schedule release tweet, it seems like a lot of their fans are disappointed as well. I understand if you're playing a day game in the Florida heat, but there's no excuse not to wear red at home during night games. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Archived