2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

19 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I'm willing to be the NFL only allowed it because of it being an anniversary season which reminds me of a similar rule in the NBA that a team can't wear a throwback unless it's tied to an anniversary or honoring something legit and not just being a random occurence.

The NFL is still strict about things regardless. One instance I can remember off the top of my head is that the 49ers tried to wear the Color Rush uniform in the Super Bowl a few years ago and they said no.

I know this is the NFL thread but that NBA rule is so hilarious and atrocious at the same. Can only wear throwbacks for anniversaries but get 1 or 2 new uniforms EVERY SEASON that a lot of the time are completely different from the teams branding.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Cardinals Titans game is gonna be brutal to look at. This wasn't great, but it's still far more interesting than what we're likely to get this time around:

456909073-arizona-cardinals-v-tennessee-

Really hoping the Titans cut back on the white/navy this season. There's just nothing exciting about it whatsoever.

20 hours ago, GoHawks said:

I just want the Bucs to wear white cuz I want to see the cowboys wearing navy in as many games as possible

I do too because the Cowboys navy blues are one of my favorite jerseys. Them appearing fewer times than the whites make them more special.

I know 4 of their opponents are a good bet to put them in the navy blue. I'm wondering about the Patriots game. Bill Belichick forced Dallas in them in 2003 and 2011, but he didn't in 2019. 

20 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

That’s what I hate about the early part of the season.  So many matchups just look so awkward and unappealing. I’d love to see the league schedule all the warm weather teams on the road to start the season one year.

There are teams whose colors look good in the sunlight. The colors pop more. I thought the Lions looked good whenever they wore their honolulu blues outdoors on the road in the sun.

1 hour ago, throwmesomepics said:

I saw this in some Cowboys forum, but according to someone who seems credible, the Cowboys will wear navy jerseys @Buccaneers, @Chargers, @Saints, and @Washington… color rush vs. Cardinals. Normal white jerseys for the rest of the games

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/cowboys-2021-uniform-schedule.482106/

I saw that too, prior to checking back in this thread. The person's source is NFL Network. Usually it would be someone like Nick Eatman or others like him who reports on the uniform information for the team.

The Broncos report about Denver being in white at Dallas might not be true then.

Arizona is late in the season. I'm not sure about that one. Usually teams want to bust out their alternates before it is real late. I'm not counting out New England being one of the other teams. Then there's the Giants, who could change their minds.

I miss when the Cowboys wore their navy jerseys at home for Thanksgiving. That navy blue vs powder blue against the chargers was a beautiful matchup that we'll probably never see again. Hopefully once the 2 helmet rule is changed they will start wearing throwbacks every Thanksgiving again. 

11 hours ago, throwmesomepics said:

I saw this in some Cowboys forum, but according to someone who seems credible, the Cowboys will wear navy jerseys @Buccaneers, @Chargers, @Saints, and @Washington… color rush vs. Cardinals. Normal white jerseys for the rest of the games

Not wearing Color Rush on Thanksgiving is weird. They did it last year and I figured it was gonna be a year thing but I guess not. I'm still holding out hope they pair the jersey with the silver pants.

bSLCtu2.png

Really hoping this Cowboys stuff is nonsense and Denver's is correct. We'd all like to see the navy blues more, but it seems like they always appear vs. the same several teams (New Orleans, Washington, etc.) I wanna see them at Jerry World more often like in 2018-2019. Even though Denver isn't the best opponent for that, it's still something different and I was/am looking forward to seeing that.

I agree not wearing Color Rush until their final home game in January is a bit odd and gives me hope that this isn't legit.

18 hours ago, throwmesomepics said:

1) I guess they have given up on wearing the blue tops with the Color Rush white pants.

2) I am thinking the game in New Orleans features the Saints in their Color Rush whites.

17 hours ago, GoHawks said:

I miss when the Cowboys wore their navy jerseys at home for Thanksgiving. That navy blue vs powder blue against the chargers was a beautiful matchup that we'll probably never see again. Hopefully once the 2 helmet rule is changed they will start wearing throwbacks every Thanksgiving again. 

Those were two of my favorite uniforms. Them being in the same game was marvelous. I miss the Chargers old uniforms.

When teams wore throwbacks on Thanksgiving from 2001-2004, was that mandatory?

NFL social media has posted an ad for the Eagles Falcons game with two Eagles players in green and two Falcons players in white. Could the Falcons be wearing white at home for the opener? They did wear white at home last season against Denver in the middle of the season.

There was also an ad posted for the kickoff game with Elliot in white and Brady in red. These posts sometimes mean something and sometimes do not, but it's worth speculating.

20 hours ago, gothedistance said:

Those were two of my favorite uniforms. Them being in the same game was marvelous. I miss the Chargers old uniforms.

When teams wore throwbacks on Thanksgiving from 2001-2004, was that mandatory?

Not that I recall?  I know teams had "Thanksgiving Classics" but it wasn't mandatory for teams playing that day to wear throwbacks

Archived