2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Crabcake said:

I don't even have that much of a problem with the segmented horn.  Does it look worse than the solid horn? Sure, but it's easily tolerable.  If the segmented horn was the worst thing about this set then we would have a darn good set on our hands. 

I know I’ve belabored this point to death on here, but I think the reason why the segmented horn is so bad is because it interrupts the horn from looking like one solid shape. It really does make the side of the helmet look like a crescent moon or a banana.

Meanwhile, the previous horn was so obviously and undeniably a ram’s horn, while rendering it in the simplest way possible, one solid color. If they wanted to try to make the horn look more 3D or spice it up a little bit, fine, but at least make it one uninterrupted shape.

That’s why the segmented horn, despite seeming like a minor detail, really ruins the uniform entirely for me, before even getting to the other missteps.

58 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Can we keep the current new horn shape and just fill in the gaps?

Even this would be an acceptable solution. I’d prefer the horn to have that last curl, but if it was at least one solid shape, I could be fine with that.

1 minute ago, DCarp1231 said:

The new horn on the Rams helmet is infinitely better than the old horn.

Oh and both the new shades of blue and yellow are an improvement as well.

I will disagree and say the "classic" colors they used were better. The yellow especially.

2 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

The new horn on the Rams helmet is infinitely better than the old horn.

Oh and both the new shades of blue and yellow are an improvement as well.

Honesty, i disagree with all of that. The new blue is definitely better than the previous navy but still not perfect. 

I guess I see why people like "sol" but it is a few shades too bright for me. It's borderline highlighter yellow.

But the new horn is absolutely not an improvement in my book. The old horn was iconic. Literally top 3 most iconic helmets in the league no matter if it was blue/white, blue/yellow, blue/gold, red/white. And now that is gone. IMO that was the biggest travesty of this new set, and that is saying alot considering all of the other terrible decisions they made.

The horn has been the same every year other than that weird year in 1949 (which i never knew about). It was about as untouchable as it gets. Yet leave it to Demoff and crew to do the stupidest thing possible. And yes, i am a bit biased since I'm a St. Louisan and i despise them now 🤣 But the traditional blue and yellow helmet is still my favorite ever. 

Review of LA Rams New Uniforms. I've now had two weeks to digest the… | by  James Brooks | Medium

46 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

the vegas gold annoys me way more than the segmented horn

I could see that. Never loved the gold either. But, lately, I've kind of come around on them. I definitely don't prefer it, but the very first version of the gold was actually a really good, balanced uniform. It just isn't the color scheme that seemed right for the Rams.

Marshall Faulk St. Louis Rams Autographed 16" x 20" Running Photograph -  Fanatics Authentic Certified - Walmart.com

Save the Date: Marshall Faulk Hall of Fame Inductee Celebration at The  Village at Gulfstream Park - Haute Living

The initial gold Rams set was perfect. But then year after year they ruined it -- white pants, blue pants, ugly striping, Sam Bradford, etc.

The St. Louis Rams burned bright and then burned out.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I'm going to give you all an aneurysm:

2022-nfl-playoffs-bracket-divisional-rou

b96dad95-d1a7-4a67-a90a-1d1c65884b0b-USA

Which is somehow better than this:

c11729_4c6a4ad6cdb446adb56b9c09f37add3d-

My preferred matchup, however is this Rams uniform:

2021-10-08T043447Z_1901089248_MT1USATODA

Against this Bucs:

tom-brady-antonio-brown-buccaneers-2-zk1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

22 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I'm going to give you all an aneurysm:

2022-nfl-playoffs-bracket-divisional-rou

b96dad95-d1a7-4a67-a90a-1d1c65884b0b-USA

Which is somehow better than this:

c11729_4c6a4ad6cdb446adb56b9c09f37add3d-

My preferred matchup, however is this Rams uniform:

2021-10-08T043447Z_1901089248_MT1USATODA

Against this Bucs:

tom-brady-antonio-brown-buccaneers-2-zk1

spacer.png

I will say though, my preferred Rams-Bucs matchup is this-