Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

I've been by and through Beloit more times than I can remember; right off hand about the only thing I can tell anyone about Beloit is that it's the resident of Diane Hendricks, one of my former head bosses and longtime CEO of everyone's favorite national building supply company, ABC Supply. Woman's house looks like Bowser's castle in Super Mario.

So I did a cursory read on Beloit and...

They better not even...

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

FUN FACT: Beloit was also home to a woman with one of the COOLEST names ever Marijuana Pepsi Cola Jackson. Her story is pretty cool too. Honor her name is a fun MiLB creative way and MAYBE I'll forgive them for dropping the Snappers nickname.

• Like 1

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

14 hours ago, MBurmy said:

Here is the first finalist...the Cheeseballs.

Is Beloit deliberately trying to goad MiLB into contracting them?

• Like 2

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

At least it's good that Cheeseballs and Moo have been getting the same reception on Twitter as they are here.

I should also be offended as part-owner of the Timber Rattlers that any sort of identity that would come from Moo would infringe on the Timber Rattlers' Wisconsin Udder Tuggers identity. Not a great move on Beloit's part to have a potential name that is what another team in the same league already has.

This whole Beloit change seems really half-baked to me too.

• They're still going to be playing part of next season in the old stadium while the new one is completed which does make sense and is understandable.
  • They're going to still be the Snappers (or at least wear the Snappers jerseys at home) for the part of next season that is still played at the old stadium and then switch to whatever the new identity is when they move into the new stadium. So are they going to be this new team in name but still wear the Snappers jerseys? Or are the going to be the new team on the road and Snappers at home? Or are they going to be Snappers full time while the old stadium is there home and then make an entire switch when they move?
  • Then once they move, they are still going to be the Snappers on Sundays, so they're still keeping the Snappers around despite the change

If the reception to the remaining three names are as poorly received as Cheeseballs and Moo, I can see there being issues with the team not just ripping the Snappers band-aid off to start the season.

• Like 2

IbjBaeE.png

3 hours ago, monkeypower said:

I should also be offended as part-owner of the Timber Rattlers that any sort of identity that would come from Moo would infringe on the Timber Rattlers' Wisconsin Udder Tuggers identity. Not a great move on Beloit's part to have a potential name that is what another team in the same league already has.

As the winner of the Milwaukee Milkmen's name-the-team contest, I share your offense.

Not to mention there's already a baseball team called the Moo.

• Like 3

bYhYmxh.png

So is there any update on which teams will exist in 2021, in which leagues and with which parent clubs? I saw an Article from Johns Hopkins suggesting, for example, that at High-A Wilmington is moving to the Eastern League, Frederick Is folding, Charleston, Columbia, Augusta and Asheville are joining the Carolina League, amd Daytona and Florida of the Florida State League are folding. Another is somewhat similar but there the Article suggests that the Florida State and California Leagues drop to Low-A, the Sally League ceases to exist and is replaced by a Mid-Atlantic Low-A league and High-A is compromised of Sally-heavy Carolina League (adding Asheville, Augusta, Charleston, Columbia, Greenville, Hickory, Rome, and Tennessee from the Southern League) with only Fayetteville, Winston-Salem and Myrtle Beach as holdovers, along with a revamped Midwest League and Northwest League. 

39 minutes ago, tron1013 said:

So is there any update on which teams will exist in 2021, in which leagues and with which parent clubs? I saw an Article from Johns Hopkins suggesting, for example, that at High-A Wilmington is moving to the Eastern League, Frederick Is folding, Charleston, Columbia, Augusta and Asheville are joining the Carolina League, amd Daytona and Florida of the Florida State League are folding. Another is somewhat similar but there the Article suggests that the Florida State and California Leagues drop to Low-A, the Sally League ceases to exist and is replaced by a Mid-Atlantic Low-A league and High-A is compromised of Sally-heavy Carolina League (adding Asheville, Augusta, Charleston, Columbia, Greenville, Hickory, Rome, and Tennessee from the Southern League) with only Fayetteville, Winston-Salem and Myrtle Beach as holdovers, along with a revamped Midwest League and Northwest League. 

I did a realignment that borrowed from both ideas, read below:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-dA6i8cKNF78560ZKDDpmSLhGwqeSVrqCQlvcSmB36E

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

13 hours ago, NicDB said:

How are any of the names they've unveiled so far in any way more desirable than Snappers?

They aren't. Now, if/when they unveil the Beloit Bräts/ Beloit Beer Bräts (umlaut is unnecessary but don't want confusion with the Bratz tween girls toy line) that will be a horse of a different color:

spacer.png

Oh dear...

Some interesting background here.

So basically the Snappers are not leasing the stadium from a landlord who will cover stadium expenses, they instead are on the hook for everything at the stadium for the 20 year lease, which they say will have them spend $12-15 million over those 20 years (so I guess this is a way of saying they own the stadium?). They said without the new stadium, the team would have likely left Beloit so they are looking to increase revenue streams to help pay for stadium costs, with one of those revenue streams being merch sales.

They said the Snappers average $50,000 a year but with a new name they estimate sales of $300,000 in year one and then $200,000 in year two. They point to the Pensacola Blue Wahoos who did $750,000 in sales for year one and then have averaged about $450,000 a year since then.

IbjBaeE.png