Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

On 4/25/2024 at 8:40 PM, monkeypower said:

These are blue and not purple right? I'm not seeing incorrectly? Regardless, it definitely doesn't match the purple of the hats and belts (nor the logos nor the merch).

I have to assume this is UA not being able to produce the purple because the team did tweet something a while back about ordering purple jerseys.

The Berries also revealed a third set a couple days and I like these a lot.

436383006_378992881806878_15241547796261

• Like 3

IbjBaeE.png

"Hub City" is a nickname used by 27 cities across North America, including multiple homes of major and minor league teams (per Wikipedia). I truly don't understand the trend of using nicknames as the official name, or of releasing thirty specialty logos right off the bat. We all know they're going to have a bunch of alternates, like all MILB teams, and that's what this looks like, a standard food-based alternate that's going to be worn every night. 

Saskatoon's jerseys look good, especially the powder, but putting the entire logo on the hat instead of just the berry is a swing and a miss. 

Hagerstown looks great (and proves my point about Hub City). 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Big Yellow Flag said:

"Hub City" is a nickname used by 27 cities across North America, including multiple homes of major and minor league teams (per Wikipedia). I truly don't understand the trend of using nicknames as the official name, or of releasing thirty specialty logos right off the bat. We all know they're going to have a bunch of alternates, like all MILB teams, and that's what this looks like, a standard food-based alternate that's going to be worn every night. 

Saskatoon's jerseys look good, especially the powder, but putting the entire logo on the hat instead of just the berry is a swing and a miss. 

Hagerstown looks great (and proves my point about Hub City). 

And Queen City, as well. Though to a lesser extent.

On 5/12/2024 at 10:23 AM, CaliforniaGlowin said:

SPARTANBURGERS ARE BACK!! In lime green!!!  The single A Down East Wood Ducks will become them next year.

spacer.png

That name was used for a single season CPL team years ago.

spacer.png

a8wavz8vbutmvjkwdwps.jpg

m4dyjwyyikjlu4tyxhwi.jpg

That HC logo should be the main hat logo.  The burger is too detailed for a hat.

I immediately bought the hamburger hat when these were announced. That logo is fantastic.

(My MiLB Cap collection is growing at an incredible rate lately 😄)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I was thinking the burger logo is too busy for a hat. I like the HC logo a lot better.

But that hat doesn't have an adorable hamburger on it 😄

Most minor league teams will use a non monogram logo for the primary hat for licensing purposes.  This way they can license their logo/apparel to little league teams.  I know in my area there's plenty of Yard Goats, Threshers, Bananas, Trash Pandas, etc. almost just as frequently if not more often than Yankees, Rays, Braves, etc.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

Most minor league teams will use a non monogram logo for the primary hat for licensing purposes.  This way they can license their logo/apparel to little league teams.  I know in my area there's plenty of Yard Goats, Threshers, Bananas, Trash Pandas, etc. almost just as frequently if not more often than Yankees, Rays, Braves, etc.

That makes a ton of sense. I never thought about it.

It's where I sit.

21 hours ago, TBGKon said:

I still remember when the Lowell Spinners had a program where they would donate Spinners little league uniforms to New England leagues in exchange for those leagues dropping the Yankees...given how these poor kids who played for the little Yankees would see no end of bullying, I always liked the Spinners' kind gesture.

bYhYmxh.png

On 5/18/2024 at 3:53 PM, Burmy said:

I still remember when the Lowell Spinners had a program where they would donate Spinners little league uniforms to New England leagues in exchange for those leagues dropping the Yankees...given how these poor kids who played for the little Yankees would see no end of bullying, I always liked the Spinners' kind gesture.

You have to be insane to live in Massachusetts and name your child's little league team after the Yankees.