Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

22 minutes ago, Jimmy's Brother said:

Not sure if posted already but AAA New Orleans Baby Cakes are moving to Wichita, Kansas. Haven't seen anything about new team name or colors yet. 

Weren’t they the cakes for only like 2 or 3 years? The zephyrs had far superior logos.

KISSwall09.jpg

2 hours ago, hormone said:

Weren’t they the cakes for only like 2 or 3 years? The zephyrs had far superior logos.

Here's the story describing what might happen

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/sports/zephyrs/article_1d94ae8e-b157-11e8-9847-cba1d3fc31a3.html

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

1 minute ago, Green27 said:

The link just goes to the MILB home page, is there another link or a screenshot? I believe the logos are real, just curious. 

They removed the website because they leaked the images on their website first. I had the Director of PR messaging me on facebook begging me to take down my post showing the logos. lol

35 minutes ago, bartodell said:

They removed the website because they leaked the images on their website first. I had the Director of PR messaging me on facebook begging me to take down my post showing the logos. lol

I had the same thing happened to me, as well. More so via text than a Facebook message. Nonetheless, the logos are family friendly, and I can live with "Sod Dogs" more so than "Sod Poodles."

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, aerodynamix said:

I had the same thing happened to me, as well. More so via text than a Facebook message. Nonetheless, the logos are family friendly, and I can live with "Sod Dogs" more so than "Sod Poodles."

Nice to know there are other Bomb City friends on here!

15 hours ago, bartodell said:

Nice to know there are other Bomb City friends on here!

I live in amarillo too. I mostly just read the threads here though.

if those ^ are indeed some of the logos I have to say I kind of like 'em. it's not as bad as it could have been I guess. colours are just about what I would have given them as well. hopefully the unis are nice.

15 hours ago, aerodynamix said:

I think sod dogs is definitely a great compromise between a unique but pretty terrible name in sod poodles and an infinitely better prairie dogs. they get to name them after the animal and have we have our own unique/original moniker to call our own. plus I bet most people probably would have just ended up calling them "soddies" or "dogs" or "sods" or other variations anyway.

Minor League Baseball returns to Amarillo as Sod Poodles

November 13, 2018 - 19:41 PM

An offseason ferris wheel of franchise relocations will bring affiliated Minor League Baseball back to the city of Amarillo, Texas, for the first time since 1982. In an announcement made just moments ago, the Double-A San Antonio Missions franchise is […]

Read More...