Jump to content

MLB 2021 Season Thread


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, gosioux76 said:

Play it at the Field of Dreams site in Iowa. Terrible for commerce, but great for spectacle.

Have the players come out through the outfield.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, scraw28 said:

I will say either Denver or Yankee stadium ...Milwaukee is a solid nominee.....or Williamsport pa home of the little league world series...but i digress...on topic I am curious on what the design process will be for the logo and branding


Williamsport would be INCREDIBLE!!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, NormMacdonald said:

Camden Yards deserves another ASG. One of the greatest parks in baseball and its only hosted one in the early 90s. Maybe not this year so Milwaukee can celebrate Hank Aaron, but why they don't have another lined up is beyond me

 

I wonder if Baltimore not having one lined up has to do with the MASN drama. They could be waiting for Angelos to be out of the picture.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, NormMacdonald said:

Camden Yards deserves another ASG. One of the greatest parks in baseball and its only hosted one in the early 90s. Maybe not this year so Milwaukee can celebrate Hank Aaron, but why they don't have another lined up is beyond me


Oriole ownership were rumbling at "possibly" wanting a new ballpark or major upgrade/updates. MLB likes to keep ASGs as treats to cities for these changes.

https://ballparkdigest.com/2019/11/08/baltimore-orioles-planning-oriole-park-future/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Orioles had that TV region to their own for many decades. The National came to the region and MLB and the rest of the owners gave them permission. The Orioles have been fighting it since. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Although Manfred has vehemently denied this, I'm actually rather convinced that the MASN drama is the main reason why Camden Yards hasn't been awarded the All Star Game again. One of the worst things a franchise/ownership can do in the eyes of MLB is be a headache with regard to broadcast revenue. If I'm not mistaken, there's still ongoing litigation or at least there has been some court cases recently.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Marlins93 said:

Although Manfred has vehemently denied this, I'm actually rather convinced that the MASN drama is the main reason why Camden Yards hasn't been awarded the All Star Game again. One of the worst things a franchise/ownership can do in the eyes of MLB is be a headache with regard to broadcast revenue. If I'm not mistaken, there's still ongoing litigation or at least there has been some court cases recently.


I think it is a combination of the MASN and waiting for future upgrades to the stadium (see my previous post)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In the ever majestic words of Orioles ownership in response to MASN ever being on an internet-based tv service, “It’s a privilege to watch the Orioles” or some bogus :censored: like that.
 

Yeah, people sure do want to see a team constantly play sub-.500 baseball every single season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unpopular opinion: OPACY sucks.  It was designed the "old" way, with closed concourses that make it so there's no air flow in many of the seating areas and you sweat your balls off, and when you go to get a beer or to the bathroom you're in a dark-dingy concourse with no way to see the game.  Most of the new ballparks have lots of "social" areas all throughout the park where you can hang out and watch the game besides being in your seat, and OPACY has only one or two.  They're nice, and the view / atmosphere is very nice, but it is obviously a park that was built 30 years ago, and isn't even close to being in the top tier of parks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Unpopular opinion: OPACY sucks.  It was designed the "old" way, with closed concourses that make it so there's no air flow in many of the seating areas and you sweat your balls off, and when you go to get a beer or to the bathroom you're in a dark-dingy concourse with no way to see the game.  Most of the new ballparks have lots of "social" areas all throughout the park where you can hang out and watch the game besides being in your seat, and OPACY has only one or two.  They're nice, and the view / atmosphere is very nice, but it is obviously a park that was built 30 years ago, and isn't even close to being in the top tier of parks.

I think the Angelos sons, assuming they inherit the team, are hoping to open up the concourses in an effort to modernize the park. I agree that would be a major improvement but that sounds like a very expensive and long renovation project. I can't imagine something like that being easy from an engineering standpoint.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Braves have removed the ASG patch from their gray jerseys, though you can clearly see the remnants of it.  It looks terrible - not sure if it's glue or stitching that's left behind, but they may need to get all new jerseys for their next road trip.

 

EDIT:

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.