NBA in Seattle

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A new NBA team in Seattle will 100 percent be the Seattle SuperSonics; they city owns the name, trophies and banners.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 hours ago, O.C.D said:

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2021/05/20/report-widely-believed-nba-will-add-expansion-teams-in-seattle-likely-las-vegas/

For several reasons it looks as if the NBA could be back in Seattle sooner rather than later. 

How likely is it that Seattle will be allowed to reclaim SuperSonics from OKC?

Considering OKC doesn’t own the SuperSonics, 100%

1 minute ago, ScubaSteve said:

If they're adding both Seattle and Vegas, looks like they'll have to switch one team over to the east. Only makes sense for either Memphis or New Orleans to hop over

I feel like Minnesota is the odd duck out in the West. Memphis and NOLA at least have southwest partners around them, Minnesota's nearest team is Milwaukee, who's in a whole 'nother conference.

the user formerly known as cdclt

19 minutes ago, QCS said:

I feel like Minnesota is the odd duck out in the West. Memphis and NOLA at least have southwest partners around them, Minnesota's nearest team is Milwaukee, who's in a whole 'nother conference.

What southwest teams are near Memphis?

38 minutes ago, dont care said:

What southwest teams are near Memphis?

New Orleans, Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio, you know, the ones in the Southwest Division. We can throw in OKC as well as another team near them.

On 6/26/2021 at 7:19 AM, kimball said:

Not to mention Minnesota has been wanting to get to the Eastern Conference for years.

How dare they be so far west....

Would the Grizzlies want a duel off?

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

If MEM is the eastern-most Western Conference team, then I think they should be the one to move East.  I think it would bug me if we had an Eastern Conference team that was situated further west than a Western Conference team.

It's also bothered me that TOR has been in the Atlantic Division, even though they are not really that close to the Atlantic.

Maybe this?:

Eastern Conference

Atlantic Division

BOS

NY

BKN

PHI

WSH

Southeast Division

MEM

ATL

CHA

ORL

MIA

Central Division

TOR

DET

MIL

CHI

IND

CLE

Western Conference

Pacific Division

PHX

LAC

LAL

SAC

GS

Northwest Division

SEA

POR

LV

DEN

UTA

MIN

Southwest Division

SA

DAL

HOU

OKC

NO

On 6/25/2021 at 11:38 AM, QCS said:

As someone who roots for the Bucks and live in Minnesota, this is my dream.

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

On 6/26/2021 at 2:38 AM, QCS said:

Not that i'm that into the NBA but it's always bugged me that you have two teams so close yet so far away in playing against each other.

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

I've always felt the NBA could do conference-less - perhaps 5 divisions of 6 teams, then go with the top 16. If they ever wanted to go beyond 30, 36 would be nice because then you get 6 divisions of 6, but there is definitely not enough talent to go around for a 30-team league, let alone a 36-team one.

41 minutes ago, QCS said:

I've always felt the NBA could do conference-less - perhaps 5 divisions of 6 teams, then go with the top 16. If they ever wanted to go beyond 30, 36 would be nice because then you get 6 divisions of 6, but there is definitely not enough talent to go around for a 30-team league, let alone a 36-team one.

Can't go with top 16 if you have divisions, unless you're saying that the 16 would be comprised of the top x in each division.  As soon as the schedule becomes unbalanced, so should the "top x of the whole league" idea.  I realize that currently, conference schedules aren't balanced due to division play, but it's at least close enough.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

23 minutes ago, heavybass said:

Has Seattle always had the Supersonics IP?

They own it as a result of the lawsuit that let the Sonics break their KeyArena lease early and move to OKC.

1 hour ago, QCS said:

If they ever wanted to go beyond 30, 36 would be nice because then you get 6 divisions of 6, but there is definitely not enough talent to go around for a 30-team league, let alone a 36-team one.

"Basketball is truly a global sport! There's never been more talent than there is now!"

"Is there enough talent for 32 teams?"
"oh jesus christ no are you insane"

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived