2021 NFL Season - Adults Arguing About Matt Stafford

In a situation where two teams playing each other in the last game can both guarantee playoff spots with a tie, the league should award them both playoff spots ahead of time and let them play for seeding, even if it technically would put the loser behind a team that got squeezed out.  

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

42 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Super Bowl 5

Super Bowl 41

When was the other one?

I know that we don't count any NFL championships won before 1966 around here, but the Colts did win the NFL title in 1958.

EDIT: Turns out the Colts won the NFL title in 1959 too. I didn't know that.

BB52Big.jpg

11 minutes ago, BBTV said:

In a situation where two teams playing each other in the last game can both guarantee playoff spots with a tie, the league should award them both playoff spots ahead of time and let them play for seeding, even if it technically would put the loser behind a team that got squeezed out.  

That's way too simple. If ever there was a game to implement BBTV's new rules for NFL football, Chargers - Raiders is it.

• Like 2

BB52Big.jpg

8 minutes ago, ninersdd said:

Geez this game is a circus. That Rams offensive line has been a joke this 2nd half.

Penny  houses one for Seattle, looks like they aren't gonna allow the Cards to win the West.

As a Cowboys fan, if San Francisco pulls this off,  this would the best possible (and realistic*) scenario. We’d be the 3rd seed and face off against SF next week at home.

*Carolina beating the Bucs would’ve been great, but we knew that wouldn’t happen.

Miami sweeps New England for the first time since... I dunno, before Tom Brady? I'd be happier if it meant a playoff birth, but at least they now have had two consecutive winning seasons since 2002-2003?

Congrats on the division again, Buffalo.

It's absurd for these teams not to agree to just run around with the ball for 4 15-minute plays and an OT.

I'd be really pissed if I was a fan of the losing team.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 minutes ago, BBTV said:

It's absurd for these teams not to agree to just run around with the ball for 4 15-minute plays and an OT.

I'd be really pissed if I was a fan of the losing team.

Maybe Panthers/Bucs should have been the night game to have LV/LA go up against Pitt in real time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On 12/28/2021 at 11:08 AM, tBBP said:

On the one hand, I'm pulling for Miami to make it to the postseason (and then become the second team no one wants to face, behind Indianapolis)...

Yeah, that didn't age well after today's showing down outside of Khlowntown Jacksonville...

On 12/28/2021 at 11:08 AM, tBBP said:

...And then New England after that (but Miami has had NE's number for a couple years now, so that's probably doable as well)...

So yeah, about that...like I had said, Miami done had NE's number for a while now. But what does today's showing say about the Patriots??

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

34 minutes ago, tBBP said:

So yeah, about that...like I had said, Miami done had NE's number for a while now. But what does today's showing say about the Patriots??

They have a rookie QB, but even still made the playoffs. It's a really nice problem to have, and I fully expect them to go some combination of 12-4, 13-4, and 14-3 the next decade.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

10 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

They have a rookie QB, but even still made the playoffs. It's a really nice problem to have, and I fully expect them to go some combination of 12-4, 13-4, and 14-3 the next decade.

You left out the part where they win five more Super Bowls.

BB52Big.jpg