MLS Kits 2022

VampyrRabbit

The Timbers are debuting their new secondaries tonight, and I have to say they look even better in action than I had anticipated. I was already a huge fan, but I was slightly concerned about how they’d look on-pitch. I was a little worried about the pink color looking a little too much like salmon or flesh-colored but on TV it looks appropriately pink and two of my friends who are at the game have told me it looks appropriately pink in person as well. Wish the shorts numbers were pink instead of white, but that’s a very minor quibble. Not really looking forward to seeing this kit with the white alternate shorts because the dark red shorts are perfect.

• Like 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Since these are generic kits, why don't they have these in place?

Just Adidas not having enough to supply all 28 teams yet or having delays getting them out to the teams. Same reason a lot of teams are still using last year’s training gear. The kits are obviously given priority for both on-field and retail purposes, and have also likely been in production for longer than the generic keeper kits and training gear.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Why are so many people here stanning these Timbers purple cow jerseys? I feel like I’m taking crazy pills.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

I have to say, I like the idea of the Timbers rose kits and the color scheme. I am not a fan of how they were executed. The design just looks off somehow, probably the how the rose graphic is displayed. Would have loved to see a more subtle approach here, or a less dense graphic.

• Like 6

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

5 minutes ago, SSmith48 said:

I have to say, I like the idea of the Timbers rose kits and the color scheme. I am not a fan of how they were executed. The design just looks off somehow, probably the how the rose graphic is displayed. Would have loved to see a more subtle approach here, or a less dense graphic.

I think that’s a fair criticism. Personally, I love that they went bold with the stark contrast of the roses and the scale of them. The Thorns did the subtle/tonal roses with their last primary kits and Man United did the same thing with their 3rd kits a few years ago, so I’m glad the Timbers went with a bolder approach.  The placement of the roses is a little odd, I’d say, but necessary given the placement of the Adidas logo, team crest, and sponsor logo. It’s polarizing, for sure, but I think they executed it in the best way possible.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I'm very happy the Timbers are currently losing.

I also think that new shirt (and shorts!) look amazing. Such a great look that I may feel compelled to purchase at some point.

EDIT: I reversed jinxed Portland into an equalizer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

30 minutes ago, dannykraft said:

U5wTStt.jpg

Was at the Crew game today and looks like we're getting an all white look this season. 

Actually think that’s an improvement. Doesn’t make it good, but the yellow shorts and socks (which were actually from the 2019/20 primaries) really didn’t look right with that grey/white jersey last year. Also makes sense to make that kit all-white if it’s technically the “light” kit with the new yellow kit being the “dark” option. Shouldn’t be worn all that often this year, anyways.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

31 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Actually think that’s an improvement. Doesn’t make it good, but the yellow shorts and socks (which were actually from the 2019/20 primaries) really didn’t look right with that grey/white jersey last year. Also makes sense to make that kit all-white if it’s technically the “light” kit with the new yellow kit being the “dark” option. Shouldn’t be worn all that often this year, anyways.

yea I completely agree, it always seemed like the yellow was a compromise for not having the yellow jersey. I also noticed last year that the new shirt looked like it was made for the new branding and I think the cuffs compliment the badge very well. Would love to see it with the black shorts as well. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

This is where I am with it. Love the concept, but the rose placement felt odd to me from the start, and in practice I thought the “rose” effect was somewhat lost and they just looked like giant maroon splotches on the shirt.

• Like 2

Couple of sleeve sponsor notes for Atlanta United.

It would appear they’ve dropped the AT&T emblem from the left sleeve.

This is what it looked like before.

spacer.png

You’ll also notice in the tweet above that they are retaining the gold box shaped Piedmont Healthcare patch. I was hopeful that they would update it to a more subtle design of gold text instead of a large gold patch. I thought they might do that given that’s how they applied the sponsor on the new away kit.

spacer.png

This was noteworthy because other kits with the Piedmont sponsor have always been a large patch.

spacer.png

spacer.png

12 hours ago, dannykraft said:

U5wTStt.jpg

Was at the Crew game today and looks like we're getting an all white look this season. 

I think black shorts would have worked better, but I think the plan is to swap them between both uniforms. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

24 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Couple of sleeve sponsor notes for Atlanta United.

It would appear they’ve dropped the AT&T emblem from the left sleeve.

This appears to be the standard across the league this year, as every team that had a sponsor on the left sleeve last year (whether it was a duplicate of the right sleeve or a different sponsor) have added back the MLS badge to the left sleeve this year. This was the original plan for sleeve sponsors, but the league opened up both sleeves in 2020 and 2021 as a way for teams to recoup lost revenue. I’m glad to see the league badges return this year, as it’s now essentially the same system as the Premier League (except the PL allows sponsors on the left sleeve w/ the badge on the right). By my count, there are 14 clubs that are starting this season without a sleeve sponsor, which a surprisingly high amount.

• Like 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

17 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I think black shorts would have worked better, but I think the plan is to swap them between both uniforms. 

Hopefully, as IMO the black shorts are easily the best option for both kits. 

I scrolled through Columbus’ schedule and I think they could safely wear yellow in every single game this season if they wanted to. They play Nashville at home, so they could/should wear yellow in that game even. They’ll definitely wear the white kits a handful of times this year to drum up sales (especially since they have the crappy new badge on it now), but kind of funny that the yellow kits could be worn in every single matchup.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

It's 80+ degrees in Orlando today and I'm shocked to see them wearing dark purple instead of their new sunburst shirt.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

55 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

It's 80+ degrees in Orlando today and I'm shocked to see them wearing dark purple instead of their new sunburst shirt.

But that's there standard home kit. Why does the goalie look almost like a field player though? His purple isn't that different from the field players. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

8 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

But that's there standard home kit. Why does the goalie look almost like a field player though? His purple isn't that different from the field players. 

Well yeah, but other teams wear whatever. Portland did yesterday.