MLS Kits 2022

VampyrRabbit

spacer.png 

This image is going around LA Galaxy supporter circles and people think it's from the impending rebrand. Not sure where it originated from but what do y'all think?

I think it's a bit too similar to LAFC. I'd hate for it to look like LAFC came first and the Galaxy are some lower-division team that decided to copy them (no jokes about our recent records, pls).

• Like 1
  • WOAH 1

34 minutes ago, SuperNerdToTheRescue said:

spacer.png 

This image is going around LA Galaxy supporter circles and people think it's from the impending rebrand. Not sure where it originated from but what do y'all think?

I think it's a bit too similar to LAFC. I'd hate for it to look like LAFC came first and the Galaxy are some lower-division team that decided to copy them (no jokes about our recent records, pls).

I know its different but it somehow is giving me LA Wildcats from the XFL vibes
spacer.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SuperNerdToTheRescue said:

spacer.png 

If they rebrand they should go back towards their original logo instead of a simplistic design. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

6 hours ago, SuperNerdToTheRescue said:

spacer.png 

This would be one of the biggest downgrades we’ve seen. I hate the Galaxy, but they have a strong brand and crest. Changing it would be a mistake, but even more so to this. 

I hope this is simply an old concept that was leaked.

• Like 6

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

I think a brand refresh is more likely than a full on rebrand for the LA Galaxy.

Here's what I'd do:

• keep the name and blue/gold and probably also white.
  • add the fan beloved teal back into the official color palette - not necessarily on the logo itself.

logo-wise

• empathize the "LA"
  • get rid or de-empathize the Quasar
  • get rid of the "arc" where "Galaxy" is written on it
  • use smaller stars depicting a starry night sky above the "LA" or alternatively use smaller stars to create the letters "LA" itself

The Galaxy are kind of doomed if they go that route, because anything with a modern and hyper-prominent LA monogram is going to look like LAFC-lite. They need to embrace their Galaxyness. That doesn't mean being annoyingly 90s -- although they could do that, as a contrast to LAFC's dull modernity. Adding the teal to the navy and gold, as has been suggested here and has been proven to work well via recent years of LA Galaxy brand assets, is a no-brainer.

• Like 2

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

2 minutes ago, Digby said:

Also that MLS all-star jersey is very odd. With the collar and the full-length stripes, it looks like they pulled the template from the golf or training range. And are the applications (besides the sponsor of course) iridescent?

They just mailed it in and used the training jerseys with a different collar and copied a USL team. 

San Antonio FC 2022 Puma Home Kit - Football Shirt Culture - Latest  Football Kit News and More

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 8/1/2022 at 4:38 PM, SuperNerdToTheRescue said:

spacer.png 

This is a negative-space logo that's like 80-90% of the way to being awesome but then they hit legibility issues and were like "oh well, send it anyway"

• 2 months later...

LAFC does not have MLS Cup branding it appears. That's a little disappointing. I know stacking the logos in the middle doesn't help, but put something on the jerseys. I also liked when they placed a cup patch on the sleeves in the past and game logos on the front of the jersey. 

Actually they do have branding, but it's two lines below the collar and above the Adidas logo. So when the collar bunches up, it disappears.

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Part of me hopes that when adidas drops new kits for 2023, LAFC adjusts their kits so the crest is on one side and the adidas logo is on the other, because it'll get all bunched up once the star is added on .

• Like 3

4 hours ago, WBeltz said:

Part of me hopes that when adidas drops new kits for 2023, LAFC adjusts their kits so the crest is on one side and the adidas logo is on the other, because it'll get all bunched up once the star is added on .

I’m with you there. I like these kits overall but I hate the centralized sponsor logo and crest. It’s what has so far stopped me from buying one. And as you correctly pointed out the star will make it even more crowded. 

Although winning the cup yesterday has changed that for me. I almost have to buy it with the star now. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

The quasar is about the only good thing about LAG’s current branding. It’s honestly the one thing they should keep. 

It will also be interesting to see what happens as I can’t imagine AEG will be thrilled with LAFC being the cool kids in town. They probably make a run at Ronaldo or another aging euro star. 

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

I'm holding out hope that the Galaxy go purely surf/skate/vaporwave with the new branding. It fits well with the blue/gold/teal color scheme (and I do think they should elevate the teal some more). If LAFC have seized the glitzy golden age Hollywood Art Deco, Galaxy should go Venice and the Beach Cities.

Also a total reset on their on-pitch strategy would help, too.

• Like 3

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers