MLS Kits 2022

VampyrRabbit

On 5/28/2022 at 7:56 PM, CDCLT said:

I like the Permablue initiative but the jerseys are ugly every year. Surely there's a way to use that material to make a normal-looking jersey for each team - perhaps the default color but with blue highlights?

Either that or something a bit more distinctive than a re-colored catalogue design. Some of their older designs may have been boring, but at least they were somewhat original.

• Like 2

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question: is there any reason why New York Red Bulls have a under number advertising? I know it just says “New York Red Bulls” but they are the only team that has it. Are they permitted by the league to do so? Is there a rule behind it? Does it open up under number advertisements for future clubs?

1 hour ago, WBeltz said:

Quick question: is there any reason why New York Red Bulls have a under number advertising? I know it just says “New York Red Bulls” but they are the only team that has it. Are they permitted by the league to do so? Is there a rule behind it? Does it open up under number advertisements for future clubs?

The league doesn’t consider it an advertisement since it’s technically just their team name and word mark. Every team could probably have their team name under the number if they wanted to, but I’m glad none of the other clubs do it because I’ve always thought it looked dumb. Wouldn’t surprise me if the league eventually allows back of shirt advertising,  but for now (thankfully) that isn’t the case.

• Like 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Getting ahead of ourselves but apparently we have our first 2023 leak. A year late, maybe, but I think more like the away kit that everyone wanted/expected with the Revs rebrand. I think it's pretty close to perfect although the navy side panels are hard to figure out what's going on with, must be the new wacky Adidas Template Thing of next season. https://www.thebentmusket.com/2022/6/11/23163865/exclusive-leak-new-england-revolution-2023-24-secondary-jersey

Revs_jersey_2023.png 

• Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, Digby said:

Getting ahead of ourselves but apparently we have our first 2023 leak. A year late, maybe, but I think more like the away kit that everyone wanted/expected with the Revs rebrand. I think it's pretty close to perfect although the navy side panels are hard to figure out what's going on with, must be the new wacky Adidas Template Thing of next season. https://www.thebentmusket.com/2022/6/11/23163865/exclusive-leak-new-england-revolution-2023-24-secondary-jersey

Revs_jersey_2023.png 

You can see some similarities to this template Bayern tested in training nearly two years ago. The sleeve cuffs, collar, and maybe the curved hem are all similar. It was definitely a test run for the template because despite having Bayern graphics, it said “Deutscher Fußball Bund” down the side tape and the tag said 22/23.

spacer.png

• Like 1

On 6/11/2022 at 6:22 PM, WBeltz said:

I think it's allowed because they are following the "team name" convention of Red bull teams.

Maillot Foot RB Salzburg 2019-2020 Haaland - YFS - Your Football Shirt

RB Leipzig Shop: RBL Nike Away Jersey 22/23 | only here at redbullshop.com

Page 5 - New York Red Bull Jersey High Resolution Stock Photography and  Images - Alamy

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

10 hours ago, Digby said:

Revs_jersey_2023.png 

The Sash looks great, but those blue side panels are nasty, hopefully they've been changed to the shirt base colour.

• Like 1

We've got special Juneteenth jersey numbers again this year:

featured-sq-9.jpg

More details on the mothership.

Also special "Unity" prematch jerseys with the same floral pattern as is on this year's match ball. Roses for the U.S., bunchberries for Canada, and colours representing the home nations of various MLS players.

ATL.jpg

• Like 2

On 2022-06-26 at 12:49 PM, Magic Dynasty said:

Regardless, it looks great and they should do it more often.

I was hoping they made a special order with the Revs so they could do the same. But they were in mono-navy again last night, against Vancouver and their own navy shorts, so I guess not.

On 2022-06-13 at 3:57 PM, MJWalker45 said:

I think it's allowed because they are following the "team name" convention of Red bull teams.

RB Leipzig Shop: RBL Nike Away Jersey 22/23 | only here at redbullshop.com

Strickly speaking, the RB in RB Leipzig stands for RasenBall (Lawnball) and German teams have the name of the team on the back of the shirt, but we all know what RB really stands for in that team name.

With the MLS Red Bulls, it's considered a word mark and not a sponsor.

1 minute ago, VampyrRabbitDesign said:

Strickly speaking, the RB in RB Leipzig stands for RasenBall (Lawnball) and German teams have the name of the team on the back of the shirt, but we all know what RB really stands for in that team name.

With the MLS Red Bulls, it's considered a word mark and not a sponsor.

Correct. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 4 weeks later...