MLS Kits 2022

VampyrRabbit

Sacre bleu, that is a beautiful logo!

FTxgQHpX0AEtJmu?format=jpg

I believe there's no more "Foot". CF Montréal now stands for "Club de Football Montréal", according to reports on a Saputo conference that I didn't hear. It's fine because all their main branding is branded as CF for short, in most if not all scripts. That's how they brand soccer, when there's 2 types of football.

It's busy, but I like it. I get what they were going for, and I think they got there for the most part. But they could have heeded Coco Chanel's advice: "Before you leave the house, look in the mirror and take one thing off."

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

I think all the ingredients were there but they made it unnecessarily cluttered. I tweeted a few times about how much the years overlapping the stripes just barely is killing me. I never do this but I just wanted to see how it looked with some minor tweaks.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, jp1409 said:

The stripes should be on the shield or in the roundel, definitely not both...

Yeah it's awkward that the stripes carry from the roundel onto the shield, but aren't on the inner circle.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

I can't help but think that some just looks off. I'm glad they re-tweaked the crest, don't get me wrong, I'm happy the blue color is a bit more prominent, and the stripes and fleur-de-lis are back, but I think it's a bit complex. Drop the roundel and use the central shield shape, and I think you have a crest that's better than 90% of the MLS.

Also, I couldn't help but think Inter Miami with the basic "shield surrounded by a roundel" shape:

Inter Miami CF - Wikipedia

I've got some news for you...

Scotland  Logo Secondary Logo (2012-Pres) -  SportsLogos.Net

This ain't nothing new in soccer lol.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

1 hour ago, GriffinM6 said:

Philadelphia Union - Wikipedia

The thing is these logos all use a thin ring with the circle. Montreal's ring is pretty big and ends up looking like they are trying to fit a shield in the inside of a doughnut.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, raysox said:

I think all the ingredients were there but they made it unnecessarily cluttered. I tweeted a few times about how much the years overlapping the stripes just barely is killing me. I never do this but I just wanted to see how it looked with some minor tweaks.

Not bad at all.

I think "Depuis 1993" (which is french for Est. 1993) would have better than just the year by itself.

• Like 1

MLS playing 5G chess with their new branding strategy of releasing a bad identity, which makes the fixed up average identity seem great two years later

• Like 6

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

I don't know how making every team wear a god-awful kit helps clean up oceans.  But if I have to choose between the oceans and normal kits, time to go pollute!

I mean, the peach/pink is totally illegible, and that red on blue isn't much better.  Imagine trying to watch all the weekly highlight compilations... lol good luck

I like the Permablue initiative but the jerseys are ugly every year. Surely there's a way to use that material to make a normal-looking jersey for each team - perhaps the default color but with blue highlights?

• Like 2

the user formerly known as cdclt

Was at the Atlanta United vs Columbus Crew match tonight in the supporters section (point being I was lower level and maybe 15 rows back) and I couldn’t read any of the numbers tonight. Horrible kits. Wish MLS would stop with these junk designs. Not only are they impractical from a functional standpoint, they also look terrible.

• Like 3

On 5/28/2022 at 10:02 PM, aawagner011 said:

Was at the Atlanta United vs Columbus Crew match tonight in the supporters section (point being I was lower level and maybe 15 rows back) and I couldn’t read any of the numbers tonight. Horrible kits. Wish MLS would stop with these junk designs. Not only are they impractical from a functional standpoint, they also look terrible.

Apparently LAFC was able to get their primary shirt sponsorship in black, but everyone else is in pink. Austin and LA Galaxy both wearing a Uvalde patch as well today. Still impossible to read numbers on the white jerseys. 

samuel-grandsir-of-los-angeles-galaxy-shoots-on-goal-during-the-match-picture-id1240992421?s=2048x2048

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 5/27/2022 at 2:15 PM, GriffinM6 said:

I've said this time and time again, but all these would improve if they just ditched the roundel and went with the shield 

• Like 1