MLS Kits 2022

VampyrRabbit

I don't think Montreal's logo is terrible, it's just genuinely uninspiring, particularly with colors like navy, black and silver.  It might be slightly more appealing if applied to a brighter color palette, or at least it would stand out more than it does. 

Overall, it's a good thing that teams are becoming more receptive to the feedback.  It's easy to criticize teams and say they should have received more feedback during the creation of the logo so they could've avoided this, but I have to imagine it's not easy to do that adequately without the risk of it leaking to the public. But I might be giving them too much benefit of the doubt. 

5 hours ago, Survival79 said:

The name Club de Foot Montréal sucks. The logo does not suck.

Agreed. Totally backwards! Tweak the logo by brightening it up (silver was a better idea in theory than reality) and change out the team name wordmark around it, obviously, to Impact. It's a shame that one of the legitimately clever and original designs in MLS is being thrown out and tarred by association with everything else bad about that club.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Digby said:

Agreed. Totally backwards! Tweak the logo by brightening it up (silver was a better idea in theory than reality) and change out the team name wordmark around it, obviously, to Impact. It's a shame that one of the legitimately clever and original designs in MLS is being thrown out and tarred by association with everything else bad about that club.

I agree, the logo is solid, maybe a little dark (lighten the blue?) but it's a fine logo. The name is not great.  Even just Montreal CF is better. 

15 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Even just replacing the CF Montreal de Foot with Montreal Impact would improve the current logo, but I think they need to go old school with a new logo. 

Montreal Gazette - From Montreal Impact to CF Montréal - A look at the  franchise's logos through the year  https://montrealgazette.com/sports/soccer/mls/montreal-impact/montreal- impact-rebrands-takes-on-a-new-name-club-de-foot-montreal | Facebook

The one on the far left was their best ever logo and it sucked they didn't try something similar when they moved to MLS. 

Montréal Impact on Behance

The fleur de lis is just such a wonderful element. The current logo is the cleanest, but boy did they botch the identity. MLS has to learn the league doesn’t have to Euro-copy any more. Respect the nostalgia and the soccer fans who have been around since the 60s/70s. You’d think they would have learned their lesson when the Cascadia clubs got off to such a successful start using their North American identities. Instead someone seems to have though “oh well we added FC and that’s why these great soccer cities are revitalized” rather than realizing what most cities want is just top tier competition. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

On 5/5/2022 at 8:58 AM, MJWalker45 said:

Even just replacing the CF Montreal de Foot with Montreal Impact would improve the current logo, but I think they need to go old school with a new logo. 

Montreal Gazette - From Montreal Impact to CF Montréal - A look at the  franchise's logos through the year  https://montrealgazette.com/sports/soccer/mls/montreal-impact/montreal- impact-rebrands-takes-on-a-new-name-club-de-foot-montreal | Facebook

The one on the far left was their best ever logo and it sucked they didn't try something similar when they moved to MLS

The above graphic is wrong. The logo on the left wasn't in use until 2005. 

Here are the original logos from 1993 when they were in the APSL. They used the same logo on the left when in the A-League.

spacer.png

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Digby said:

Tweak the logo by brightening it up (silver was a better idea in theory than reality) and change out the team name wordmark around it

Just go crazy with it.

Vgvx4mb.png

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Applause 9

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

The league once again forgot to post this past weekend’s matchups, but here’s the link to this upcoming weekend’s:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/what-your-club-is-wearing-for-mls-week-11-x1186

- Portland and Seattle are both wearing their secondaries in their respective home games. The rest of the matchups are pretty much what you’d expect. 

• Like 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

10 hours ago, loneranger158 said:

Some of us who track the jerseys are so annoyed about this irregular posting schedule by the league haha. At least a couple teams post a full kit schedule. 

At least what they’re doing now is better than the couple of years that they just posted the kit matchups in the match previews for each game, and it was basically a coin flip on whether or not they actually remembered to post them in there haha. It’s nice that since last year they’ve posted them all together, but it would be nice if they were more consistent on their posting schedule.

• Like 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

34 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Midweek kit matchups:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/kit-matchups-what-your-club-is-wearing-for-mls-week-12

SKC and LAFC are both wearing their secondaries at home. Everything else is about what you’d expect.

Kinda interesting we haven’t seen any more mix-match kits. Especially when you consider that a team like Minnesota could easily pull it off (black jersey, blue shorts, black/blue socks) or Miami not mixing the pink and black together to diversify it a bit. I know we’ve talked about the monochrome thing, but with some of the kits unveiled this past year, and the schemes of last year, you could argue 7 or 8 teams could do it to bolster the match ups a bit.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, WBeltz said:

Kinda interesting we haven’t seen any more mix-match kits. Especially when you consider that a team like Minnesota could easily pull it off (black jersey, blue shorts, black/blue socks) or Miami not mixing the pink and black together to diversify it a bit. I know we’ve talked about the monochrome thing, but with some of the kits unveiled this past year, and the schemes of last year, you could argue 7 or 8 teams could do it to bolster the match ups a bit.

I would be curious what the motivation would be to do that, though, given that the league appears to have no policy around shorts clashes. Just a couple of teams with more engaged kit guys?

This weekend’s matchups:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/kit-matchups-what-your-club-is-wearing-for-mls-week-13

Of note: 

- NYCFC & Charlotte are both wearing their secondaries at home.

- Pink vs. red between Miami and NYRB:

spacer.png

- Tasty little matchup between Portland & Philly, with the Timbers in their classy green/white/green & the Union in their light blue and yellow:

spacer.png

• Like 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1