Washington Commanders to debut new NFL identity

DCarp1231

11 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

What part of saying a number is tripping you up?

The "th" sound is tough for some people, and especially some people who speak English as a second language. "Thirt" is also a whole lot of consonants in a row, which I personally think is a pretty ugly sound.

Pronouncing "32s" as "Turty-twos" or "dirty-twos" would easier for some, but would also make no sense.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

If 32s isn't to your liking, they could have done what the team formerly known as the Swift Current Indians, of Western Canadian summer collegiate baseball fame, did when they switched their name to the 57s in recognition of their 57 years, at the time, in exitance/as the Indians.

So the Washington 87s then.

IbjBaeE.png

12 minutes ago, kutztown said:

Not a fan of big huge word-marks on the front of jerseys.

The way that the *Commanders* seem to be doing it makes me inclined to agree with you in this case. The extra lines above and below the text is going to make this look super cheap. However, to share what I believe to be a VERY unpopular opinion, I do like how the Jets did it, without the extra bells and whistles, as their wordmark looks nice on the front of the jersey.

I'll be honest, if it wasn't going to be Warriors or Wolves, Commanders isn't a bad choice. Everything else just came off as super gimmicky or clunky. I am a but underwhelmed with the branding, as I think they just took the WFT branding and slightly tweaked it, given the similarities between the WFT W and the Commanders W. I would have liked to see a bit more imagination, maybe a soldier secondary. The patch-style logo is cool, but also screams overthought to me.

• Like 1

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

10 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

"Thirt" is also a whole lot of consonants in a row, which I personally think is a pretty ugly sound.

There's a vowel in there. In the middle. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

12 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

The "th" sound is tough for some people, and especially some people who speak English as a second language. "Thirt" is also a whole lot of consonants in a row, which I personally think is a pretty ugly sound.

Pronouncing "32s" as "Turty-twos" or "dirty-twos" would easier for some, but would also make no sense.

By my count "thirt" has two consonants in a row before it gets to a vowel.

"Dirty-twos" is even better than 32s and it's a perfect fit for the Dan Snyder era.

• Like 2

BB52Big.jpg

4 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

There's a vowel in there. In the middle. 

And yet you understood what I meant, that "thirt" is a consonant-heavy sound. But thank you for the "well, actually" interjection, which people always appreciate.

• Like 6

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

And yet you understood what I meant, that "thirt" is a consonant-heavy sound. But thank you for the "well, actually" interjection, which people always appreciate.

Look at the bright side, at least no one is talking about how the humor of the 32s thing flew right past you.

BB52Big.jpg

3 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Look at the bright side, at least no one is talking about how the humor of the 32s thing flew right past you.

I understand that 32s is something some people like. I'm a general shrug to it; not every idea is a winner.

11 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Consonant heavy, like Bills? 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

To be honest, the more I’ve sat on it, the more I don’t mind “Commanders”. I’m not necessarily thrilled about it, but I certainly don’t hate it either. George Washington was both the Commander of the Continental Army and later, of course, Commander in Chief as President, so it’s a name that hits on both of the roles we know Washington for without heavily diving into one or the other (ex: “Generals” or “Presidents”). I have no idea of course if that’d be the reason they went for it, but it’s something that came to mind.

If the stencil “W” is real, that’d explain why I thought I was seeing a separate object within the “W” in the teaser. Ah well, it’s still fun to dissect and try to make sense of things like that.

The one thing I’m really not liking so far is that seal. There’s a bit too much going on there and looks too much like a high school seal to me. They could really do without that.

• Like 9

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png