College Football 2022

MJWalker45

Syracuse was having a great game today until the refs decided that was too much.

Sometimes I forget how college football is bull:censored:.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Dude on army just got thrown out for targeting despite lowering to about 2.5 ft above the turf and the offensive guy dropping his helmet to make contact with him. Clearly he wasn’t trying to target the offensive player but avoid it. If that counts as targeting if I was a coach I’d be telling my offense to just start spearing guys in the head when it looks like you’re going to get tackled to get 15 free yards and half the opposing teams defense thrown out. Point is offensive players should be called on these things too if they are trying to take them out of the game.

• Like 1

Clemson is looking pretty overrated. They remind me of 2014 Florida State and how they squeaked by through the soft ACC for weeks until they got to the first playoffs, getting steamrolled by Oregon.

If they get in this year, I'm not seeing a win for them.

13 minutes ago, JerseyJimmy said:

I love blatantly rigging games so my Beloved Red State Team can make the playoff at all costs despite the fact they should probably be like 4-3

Yeah, this game is nonsense. Refs just took it completely over in the second half.  Made it very clear to Syracuse they weren't winning. Started with not calling the QB out of bounds hit and has followed with every ticky-tack call since.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

13 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:
Have the refs done Cuse any favors? No, but that’s not why they lost. 

clemson loses out on 14 points if the refs don't have their finger on the scale. game was blatantly rigged because the ACC thinks they're the only shot they have at getting into the playoff, and it's frankly pathetic you can't see that.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

53Ocz8U.png

12 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

Have the refs done Cuse any favors? No, but that’s not why they lost. 

No, this is the problem with terrible reffing. It makes it so you can't play your normal game because you know you're not going to get any calls. So you play tighter, more desperate and you have to take higher risks.

It's a completely different set of scenarios available to you when your defense is being over penalized and the offense can't get a call.

The refs completely changed the tenor of the game in the second half, and made it impossible for Syracuse to win.

• Like 1

Syracuse genuinely needs to get out of the fvcking ACC. you think they're ever going to let a northern team, let alone a team from New York, get one over on their golden child? forget it. stop banging your head against this wall, call up BC/Pitt/Rutgers/UConn, and get the Big East back together.  you're never going to win against sunbelter bullsh.t.

• LOL 2

53Ocz8U.png

13 minutes ago, JerseyJimmy said:

Syracuse genuinely needs to get out of the fvcking ACC. you think they're ever going to let a northern team, let alone a team from New York, get one over on their golden child? forget it. stop banging your head against this wall, call up BC/Pitt/Rutgers/UConn, and get the Big East back together.  you're never going to win against sunbelter bullsh.t.

Throw in Miami too. Canes have been unfortunately mid since 2004.

Aaaand just got blown out by Duke.

45 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

No, this is the problem with terrible reffing. It makes it so you can't play your normal game because you know you're not going to get any calls. So you play tighter, more desperate and you have to take higher risks.

It's a completely different set of scenarios available to you when your defense is being over penalized and the offense can't get a call.

The refs completely changed the tenor of the game in the second half, and made it impossible for Syracuse to win.

How about just let the guy go out of bounds like he was clearly going to before you gifted them an extra set of downs. 

How about doing ANYTHING with two turnovers Clemson gifted you. 

How about not throwing into triple coverage on the last drive. 

I was pulling hard for Cuse, but How about win the game.

• Like 1

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

4 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

I was pulling hard for Cuse, but How about win the game.

you're the type of person that sees bodycam footage and asks why the guy with thirty bullet holes in his chest didn't just stop resisting, aren't you

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • WOAH 2
  • Huh? 1

53Ocz8U.png

1 hour ago, JerseyJimmy said:

you're the type of person that sees bodycam footage and asks why the guy with thirty bullet holes in his chest didn't just stop resisting, aren't you

That might be a little too harsh, but I'm with you in sentiment. The Orange were playing Clemson and the refs. It's really hard to win playing two opponents at once.

• Like 2

Weber State/Montana State is awesome. Weber would be winning if not for FOUR safeties from the long snapper overshooting the punter, and the Wildcats still have a chance down 4 with 7 to go. 

EDIT: MSU wins!!! Don’t do four safeties, kids. 

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

53 minutes ago, JerseyJimmy said:

once again, the Pac-12 is an ouroboros of suck.

no playoff-contending UCLA. no playoff-contending Syracuse. no playoff-contending Ole Miss.

but you thought it was actually going to be different this year, didn't you?

There's Tennessee. Provided they do not lay an egg before the SEC title game.