College Football 2022

MJWalker45

5 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

Maybe it’s just wishful thinking, but I see no path for Bama. 

I think even if LSU gets blown out in the SEC Championship they don't have it held against them and they get the New Years 6 game. If USC win Pac-12 and OSU-Michigan is close, Alabama should not make the playoffs.

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I think we’d need an unholy beatdown for the OSU/Michigan loser to not be the next team up.

For all the committee’s faults they’ve never jumped a P5 non champion over a P5 champion when the teams have the same record. 

We’d need to see USC to lose the PAC 12 title  (I think they would be safe over Bama with a conf champ and a close loss to ND), TCU to lose twice (or once with a Big XII championship game blowout), Clemson to lose again to SCAR or UNC, a Georgia SEC Championship blowout win and a OSU/Michigan game where the loser shows no semblance of being a competent football team for Bama to maybe get in.

Still, a 2-loss PAC-12 or ACC Champ getting the final slots instead follows historical precedent for the committee. 

• Like 1

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

22 hours ago, Gary said:

Georgia

TTDS

Michigan

TCU

USC and LSU 

these are my choices. But Alabama is always haunting 

I'd like to see TTUN and TCU swap spots in the final rankings, just to see if we can have a true Big Ten Championship in the National Championship game. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

I'd like to see TTUN and TCU swap spots in the final rankings, just to see if we can have a true Big Ten Championship in the National Championship game. 

That’s if to say TTDS loses to TTUN? Or the other way around. But I have a feeling That TCU will lose the Big 12 and then chaos will ensue. 

15 minutes ago, Gary said:

That’s if to say TTDS loses to TTUN? Or the other way around. But I have a feeling That TCU will lose the Big 12 and then chaos will ensue. 

Whichever team loses is still better than everyone else, including USC, so I think they should both be in unless it's a 20 point or more loss. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

20 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Whichever team loses is still better than everyone else, including USC, so I think they should both be in unless it's a 20 point or more loss. 

I think I agree with this, but it will still be interesting to see what happens.

Of course, this assumes that the winner of the Big Game beats the Big Ten West Champion.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - I couldn't keep it in any longer.

• LOL 2

It's where I sit.

Just now, Sec19Row53 said:

I think I agree with this, but it will still be interesting to see what happens.

Of course, this assumes that the winner of the Big Game beats the Big Ten West Champion.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - I couldn't keep it in any longer.

If it's Iowa, I hate to see what the numbers will look like. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 minute ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I have no idea what all of the tiebreakers are for the west. I just hope Wisconsin can't stumble into it.

Only one still in play is Iowa win, they're in. If they lose to Nebraska a nd Purdue win, Purdue is in. 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Only one still in play is Iowa win, they're in. If they lose to Nebraska a nd Purdue win, Purdue is in. 

There seemed to be the possibility of 5 teams at 5-4 (I thought). Either of those teams would get blown out by the top three of the East.

It's where I sit.

Just now, Sec19Row53 said:

There seemed to be the possibility of 5 teams at 5-4 (I thought). Either of those teams would get blown out by the top three of the East.

Minnesota, Illinois and Wisconsin were eliminated this weekend.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I just read that if Illinois wins and Purdue and Iowa lose, Illinois is in?

Hmmm. I thought they were out. But that would be interesting if Illinois pulls it off. I think they'll give a better game than the other two. 

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/Big-Ten-West-scenarios-2022-Iowa-leads-logjam-with-Purdue-Illinois-198117337/#198117337_5

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png