College Football 2022

MJWalker45

Former Wisconsin RB Brent Moss has passed away at 50

Man...this hits me.  Many places have a local legend, Moss was that dude to Racine.  I remember after the Badgers won the Rose Bowl, the three starters from Racine (Moss, WR J.C. Dawkins and punter Sam Veit)  were honored downtown, and there was an autograph session (the only other athlete whose autograph I've gotten is LeRoy Butler).   If, to borrow from TV Tropes, Ron Dayne was the Trope Maker of Running Back U, Brent Moss was the Ur Example.

• Sad 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

NBC basically nationally broadcasting a torture/murder in South Bend, ND 37 BC 0 at time of posting.

Edit: there's a "just add a flurry" joke in here somewhere...but I'm no Chris Rock, so I'll just say said televised murder is now a snow game.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

20 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Maryland up 13-10 on Ohio State at the intermission, will this be the one?

Many could hope--but I ain't even gonna hold my breath about it. What I WILL exhale my breath about is what just happened in Nashville...

...BREAK UP THE COMMODORES!! From losing 26 straight conference games to now winning two conference games in a row, today taking down them swamp thangs. What up with it tho???

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, tBBP said:

Many could hope--but I ain't even gonna hold my breath about it. What I WILL exhale my breath about is what just happened in Nashville...

...BREAK UP THE COMMODORES!! From losing 26 straight conference games to now winning two conference games in a row, today taking down them swamp thangs. What up with it tho???

2 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

TCU and Michigan both hold on in the dying seconds and are still undefeated with one game to go!

...and those are the only notable results from the noon slate. Yep. That's it. Move along, now.

Why didn't you move along? I specifically requested it!

In all seriousness, that game wasn't as close as it looked on the scoreboard. It was like Vandy was the one with the massive talent advantage, not the other way around. It's an embarrassing and inexcusable loss, no way around it. With that said, though, the people in the Florida fanbase who already want Napier to be shown the door are ridiculously overreacting. Kirby Smart also lost to Vanderbilt in his first season... and Georgia Tech, and was 2 points away from losing to Nicholls State. Nick Saban lost to Louisiana-Monroe in his first year. There are plenty of examples. I still have faith, we just need to have patience.

ExJworW.png

1 hour ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Why didn't you move along? I specifically requested it!

In all seriousness, that game wasn't as close as it looked on the scoreboard. It was like Vandy was the one with the massive talent advantage, not the other way around. It's an embarrassing and inexcusable loss, no way around it. With that said, though, the people in the Florida fanbase who already want Napier to be shown the door are ridiculously overreacting. Kirby Smart also lost to Vanderbilt in his first season... and Georgia Tech, and was 2 points away from losing to Nicholls State. Nick Saban lost to Louisiana-Monroe in his first year. There are plenty of examples. I still have faith, we just need to have patience.

Don't really agree with that, tbh.  Two of their TD's came off of drives where Florida made third down stops and extended the drives with penalties.  A third came when Florida had to put a guy back who hasn't returned punts all year and he muffed a punt he shouldn't have even tried to play.  And we just aren't good enough to win games where we shoot ourselves in the foot repeatedly.  Especially with our already weak WR room down Pearsall and Henderson.

My big concern is why the f*** doesn't Richardson run the ball?  I expected inconsistent passing from him this year but I thought he would at least be a willing runner.  And while he's played fairly well, still hard not to be a bit  disappointed with him this year.

Wasn't really expecting to beat FSU next week but now without Ventrell for one half (that targeting rule sucks) -- don't even think we'll keep it particularly close.

IUe6Hvh.png

1 hour ago, Germanshepherd said:

UNC goes down to unranked Georgia Tech. RIP Drake Maye’s Heisman campaign. 

Max Duggan and the TCU Frogs are the lone non-Blue blood CFP contender alive. 

And speaking of RIP'd Heisman campaigns...forget what I said earlier about Nashville (though as a Seminole trueblood I still laughed from a good ol' healthy place at that result):

BRUH WHAT IS GOING ON IN SODA CITY RIGHT NOW???

Yeah um, Mr. Heupel, y'all gon' have some 'splainin to do later on...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||