NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

I'm old(ish).  Can someone explain WhAt ThIs WrItInG mEaNs?  

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

22 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

“eVeRy TEaM sHoULd WeAR mOnO! SeE, iT wOrKS fOr tHe sEaHawKS!”

Now that I know that this is "mocking", are you mocking me?  Or are you agreeing with me that just because someone else does it that's validation of it working?  I happen to think the Seahawks have one of the top sets in the league, even though IMO mono sucks for all but one or two other teams.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

10 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

It’s meant to portray mocking

Got it.  Seems like a lot of effort, especially if typing it on mobile.  Surely there's some emoji or something that could accomplish the same... but then again, I'm old(ish).

1 minute ago, BBTV said:

Got it.  Seems like a lot of effort, especially if typing it on mobile.  Surely there's some emoji or something that could accomplish the same... but then again, I'm old(ish).

I’ve done it quite a lot. Usually, it’s just easier to drop this meme to get the point across-

spacer.png

(titled mocking SpongeBob)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

I'm old(ish).  Can someone explain WhAt ThIs WrItInG mEaNs?  

The way you immediately invalidate someone's argument is to repeat exactly what they said but in alternating uppercase and lowercase. You literally cannot come back from this. Once someone does this to you on the internet, they've won the argument by the score of infinity to nothing. Nothing has ever been this powerful.

• Like 5
  • LOL 8

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

3 minutes ago, the admiral said:

The way you immediately invalidate someone's argument is to repeat exactly what they said but in alternating uppercase and lowercase. You literally cannot come back from this. Once someone does this to you on the internet, they've won the argument by the score of infinity to nothing. Nothing has ever been this powerful.

That's all it takes?  Had I known this, I'd have at least 75 fewer warning points.

Does this work in international diplomacy too?  Lives are at stake!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

Now that I know that this is "mocking", are you mocking me?  Or are you agreeing with me that just because someone else does it that's validation of it working?  I happen to think the Seahawks have one of the top sets in the league, even though IMO mono sucks for all but one or two other teams.

The latter. I agree with you that just because another team can do something, doesn’t necessarily work for all teams.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BBTV said:

That's all it takes?  Had I known this, I'd have at least 75 fewer warning points.

Does this work in international diplomacy too?  Lives are at stake!

tAiWan Is a RoGuE pRoViNcE tHaT MuSt Be rEuNiFiEd, whew, really nipped that one in the bud

• LOL 7

12 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Here's how you make a sleeve logo work on a football jersey.,,

spacer.png

Just repeating the helmet logo is lazy.

And blowing up that logo to 3x the size of a normal sleeve logo and placing it on the shoulders instead of the sleeves only exacerbates the issue.  I continue to fail to see what everyone else seems to see in the Bledsoe-era uniforms.

• Like 3

spacer.png

6 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

The funny thing about the Pat Patriot logo is that they used a very detailed version on the helmet and only the helmet. It was actually simplified in other places.

Don't forget the simplified version used for tattoos:

NeP236K.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • LOL 9
  • Hurl 2
  • Huh? 1

On 6/24/2022 at 12:51 AM, throwuascenario said:

As a side note, I'd kill for the Hurricanes to bring back those numbers. So much more unique and full of character than their narrow, bland keyboard font they use currently.

The "keyboard font" is actually much more on brand for the Hurricanes now, inasmuch as they're the official hockey team of posting on the internet. 

I think the Suns used those rounded italic numbers, too. If not, they were darn close.

3 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

spacer.png

did they even bother to make a secondary logo to go with Elvis? All I remember is the NE one that I think was a Zephyr creation. 

Nope, that was it. Just the head, the wordmark, and the wordmark that had a head on it. NFL branding wouldn't get that fussy for a few more years.

On 6/21/2022 at 3:48 PM, NFLfan10 said:

What does a black helmet do for the Jets or Eagles exactly? The green helmet gets lost anyway with such poor contrast. Might as well leave an additional speck of your ACTUAL team color.

I will say, some of these work better than expected (Cardinals, maybe Bills), but some are just destroying color balance (Texans, Bears, Titans). That Bears look is especially pitiful without the navy helmet.

If the Jets are going to do an alternate - I would like to see a 70s/80s throwback with a kelly green shell. Or do a proper throwback to the Namath-era uniforms.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

spacer.png

I’ll offer these beauts as well.

962545544.jpeg
gettyimages_716478.jpg

I’ll also offer that all of these were released in the 90s (except the ‘85 Eagles and ‘00 Ravens). A simple yet excellent motif, the secondary logo on the sleeve, one of my favorite designs overall (see my favorite uniform of all time, the old Jags). Simply repeating the helmet logo 10 inches away? Yawn. Repeating the helmet logo 6 inches away and blown up x3? Barf.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

The Ravens (and Buccaneers) were who I was thinking of when I said teams would start making way more logos in the years to come. I think they had three different bird-based logos at one time. Lot of ways to draw a bird. The Panthers, who came in in '95 and repeat the helmet logo like six times or something, were kind of the last gasp of bare-bones NFL design, but then they'd always wanted to be more traditional than they really were, honoring the entire NFL at the 50-yard line, those goobers.

• LOL 1