NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

6 minutes ago, LordBigMad said:

I'll start by saying that the Patriots throwbacks should be their full time uniform. They're perfect. They're gorgeous. It's easily their best uniform of all time and one of the very best in NFL history. And before anyone chimes in with the "They won multiple superbowls in flying elvis", laundry doesn't win championships. Players do.

As to when they might wear them, vs the Bears would make alot of sense in a uniform rematch of SB XX.

Can't believe I didn't think of that. Could absolutely see them used for both home games against NFC opponents. 

22 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

Some possibilities for when they could wear them:

Week 1 at Miami - they wore the 09 version of the red jerseys at Miami, but never the current one. Wearing red and white may be more appealing in the September sun than the usual all navy, assuming Miami wears white at home. The Dolphins breaking out their throwbacks to make this an old-fashioned game would be fun!

Wouldn't it make more sense to wear them in week 17 when they play Miami at home, so the New England fans get to see them? And of course the Dolphins should wear the white throwbacks for the perfect matchup. They could obviously debut them before that (my bet's on Chicago), but that matchup is too perfect to pass up.

spacer.png

9 minutes ago, LordBigMad said:

And before anyone chimes in with the "They won multiple superbowls in flying elvis", laundry doesn't win championships. Players do.

The Miami Heat have won multiple championships in their red and white, but apparently it's forbidden to change them.  OK I see how it works now.

spacer.png

Last updated 5/23

7 minutes ago, burgundy said:

Wouldn't it make more sense to wear them in week 17 when they play Miami at home, so the New England fans get to see them? And of course the Dolphins should wear the white throwbacks for the perfect matchup. They could obviously debut them before that (my bet's on Chicago), but that matchup is too perfect to pass up.

Historically, they prefer to wear the throwbacks in October. I figure they be more likely to break that trend to beat the heat than in the last home game of the year. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LordBigMad said:

I'll start by saying that the Patriots throwbacks should be their full time uniform. They're perfect. They're gorgeous. It's easily their best uniform of all time and one of the very best in NFL history. And before anyone chimes in with the "They won multiple superbowls in flying elvis", laundry doesn't win championships. Players do.

As to when they might wear them, vs the Bears would make alot of sense in a uniform rematch of SB XX.

I don’t know why they would want to recreate the look of their worst super bowl in their history, and one of the worst blowouts in super bowl history.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, dont care said:

I don’t know why they would want to recreate the look of their worst super bowl in their history, and one of the worst blowouts in super bowl history.

It wasn't all bad. The 1985 Patriots earned their first Superbowl appearance in franchise history as the wildcard team that defied the odds and reached the pinnacle of their conference. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, dont care said:

Everyone was probably going to lose to the Bears in the SB that year.

It was 37 years ago…time heals all wounds. 

• Like 6

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

50 minutes ago, Bruhammydude said:

Unpopular opinion: The white Pat Patriot uniforms are better than the red ones, and that's what New England should've unveiled today. Plus, you can wear it at home or on the road.

Red facemask, white jersey, red pants. It was so good.

232341_original.jpg

Speaking of red facemask, an article on the Patriots website said that they actually thought of bringing back the red facemask this time with the throwbacks but the white one won out in a vote among people in the organization. They also seem to be aware that people want to see the Bledsoe era look again.

• Like 11
  • Love 2

bSLCtu2.png

11 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

Some possibilities for when they could wear them:

Week 1 at Miami - they wore the 09 version of the red jerseys at Miami, but never the current one. Wearing red and white may be more appealing in the September sun than the usual all navy, assuming Miami wears white at home. The Dolphins breaking out their throwbacks to make this an old-fashioned game would be fun!

Week 5 vs Detroit - the Pats have worn red against the Lions twice, although both were on Thanksgiving. They could opt to break them out for their 2nd home game.

Week 7 vs Chicago (MNF) - New England seems to like breaking out the throwbacks against NFC foes, and a Monday Night Football game seems like a prime opportunity to show them off. I won't be surprised if they'd rather the regular home uniform for the spotlight, though.

Week 9 vs Indy - this would be a very nice looking game, and it would break up the blue-fest that usually happens when these teams meet.

Week 11 vs NYJ - NE wore the throwbacks against the Jets in both 2011 and 2012. They seem to like the red vs green. Seeing it again would be anything but a shock.

Week 12 at Minnesota (Thanksgiving) - this is a stretch, with the Vikings either needing to wear white at home or for the NFL to give the go ahead for red vs purple for it to happen. But the Pats wore red against Minnesota in 2010, and they wore it on Thanksgiving in 2000 and 2010 at Detroit. This is unlikely, but given it's a holiday, the door must remain open.

Week 13 vs Buffalo (TNF) - this is the latest I could see the throwbacks making an appearance. Should the Pats want them to be worn in primetime, this is the only other opportunity at home besides the game against Chicago.

Historically, they've worn the reds once per season in October and again on Thanksgiving, should the team play then and the matchup work. The Pats have worn them exclusively against NFC or AFC East opponents. If they stick to wearing them once, the game against Detroit seems like the most likely for their return. If they wear them the maximum of 3 times, my guesses would be at Miami, vs Detroit, and against the Jets.

I think the Jets in white tops over gotham green pants vs the Patriots red throwback jersey would be a fantastic uniform match. But it will fall in the pattern of teams liking to wear an alternate or throwback against a certain divisional rival.

The Bears and Bills home games look like good candidates, for they are primetime games. The Bengals is another good candidate since it's in October.

The throwbacks are too good not to be worn 3 times. I hope NE does.

20 hours ago, LordBigMad said:

The uniform is great except for the logo. It is way too detailed to work as a modern logo. These uniforms with their current, recolored logo on the helmet would be their best possible look.

I also would put the logo on the sleeves, but that seems to be an unpopular opinion here for some reason.

• Like 2

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

34 minutes ago, Bathysphere said:

Lol you cannot seriously convince me that the Bledsoe-era unis weren’t the worst in football for the time that they were used, maybe barely edged out by the Broncos by the time they moved on to Brady-era. 

B34-F03-F1-DC81-45-DD-8210-B1-D39-B4-C54

Wow, you actually might be right. And I actually like those uniforms. More than anything, this shows how far NFL uniforms have fallen as a whole. Virtually every team had an extremely solid look at minimum.

• Like 5
  • WOAH 1

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

3 hours ago, throwuascenario said:

The uniform is great except for the logo. It is way too detailed to work as a modern logo. These uniforms with their current, recolored logo on the helmet would be their best possible look.

I also would put the logo on the sleeves, but that seems to be an unpopular opinion here for some reason.

My ideal Pats would be an updated Pat Patriot as the primary logo, with a Tricorn hat as the helmet logo. It could be either Eagles-style or what they did the first go-round, with the hat over numbers.

• Love 1
  • Dislike 2

the user formerly known as cdclt