2022-2023 NHL Jersey Changes

spartacat_12

52 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

This is the correct way to do Reverse Retro

spacer.png

This is just a sorry excuse of a forgotten alternate

FfhhkCFXkAAeyMn?format=jpg&name=large

Shame on the Capitals

Actually that is incorrect. They never used the bottom jersey (only blue and white versions) so it very much is a "reverse retro"

Top one does look better though and should be their primary

• Like 1

honestly, the vast majority of these are absolute bangers. for a lot of teams - Florida, Calgary, Winnipeg, Anaheim, Nashville, Vancouver, Colorado, the Rangers, Vegas, LA, and Jersey - these are in the top-3 of any jersey they've ever worn, and even most of the ones that don't rank that highly in a team's history (Montreal, Buffalo, Dallas, etc.) still look great. hell, I even appreciate the Isles' the more I look at it, though it's still not perfect. I think the only ones I outright don't like are Detroit and Chicago, and that's not really on them, they just don't have much interesting to pick from.

• Like 2

53Ocz8U.png

All the Islanders had to do was keep the striping and the lighthouse. They could've changed literally everything and anything else and it would've been a home run. Best Reverse Retro period, including the last round's designs. I mean hell, even a fisherman-less wave jersey with the lighthouse or primary logo as the crest in the same muted colors would've been perfect, if not just palatable.

Instead they chose this weird faux-modernization vibe, and it just doesn't feel like the actual fisherman jerseys. They made all these weird and unnecessary changes that do nothing but drag the whole jersey down. Like, I can't think of a good reason to shorten the "I" and "S" in the wordmark. I can't think of a possible explanation as to why they abandoned the lighthouse. I can kinda see why they toned down the wave striping, but at the same time, it just feels so unnecessary.

I really want to like these Islanders jerseys. I really do. I'm an Islanders fan and I love the fisherman. But these just aren't good.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Ark said:

Actually that is incorrect. They never used the bottom jersey (only blue and white versions) so it very much is a "reverse retro"

Top one does look better though and should be their primary

I don’t think you understood what I was saying. The new RR looks like it belongs in the older set and not as a new alternate. The old set had blue and white jerseys that looked exactly like it.

34 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

I don’t think you understood what I was saying. The new RR looks like it belongs in the older set and not as a new alternate. The old set had blue and white jerseys that looked exactly like it.

I understand what you are saying, but this new jersey is totally appropriate. Other teams don’t fully understand the theme and some teams look terrible.

I like the Bruins uniform also, I’m a fan of the Pooh Bear (Anatomically Correct Bear)

4 hours ago, GriffinM6 said:

Those Vegas pants stripes are so sexy. 

Agreed.

To my knowledge the Lightning are the only other team that's had some type of "specialized" stripe on their breezers...I've long wondered if/when other teams would pick up on this. (So long as it makes sense for their overall visual identity.)

4 hours ago, thesieve22 said:

Maybe an unpopular opinion: Tampa’s jersey is an abomination 

The Storm jerseys are definitely in that special category of "cult classics" (along with the original fish-sticks Isles jerseys) alongside the first live-action Street Fighter movie and certain MK3/UMK3/MKT fatalities: so campy and beyond comical; yet despite that for some reason we just can't help ourselves but to indulge in them anyway 😄

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

25 minutes ago, Ark said:

I understand what you are saying, but this new jersey is totally appropriate. Other teams don’t fully understand the theme and some teams look terrible.

I like the Bruins uniform also, I’m a fan of the Pooh Bear (Anatomically Correct Bear)

Give me a “capitaLs” jersey but in blue, black, and gold.

Now that sounds like it’d be a damn good RR to me

4 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Give me a “capitaLs” jersey but in blue, black, and gold.

Now that sounds like it’d be a damn good RR to me

CxD7.gif

Now you've got me curious...

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

15 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

That’s not RR. It’s just a forgotten jersey deep in the closet amongst the mothballs.

You're taking it to mean "retro designs in modern colors" when it's actually just meant to be "retro designs but with a new spin".

Like, I don't recall the Wings ever wearing black, the Habs wearing powder blue, the Devils wearing green, the Coyotes wearing purple, the Sharks wearing grey...plenty of teams just flipped colors on old designs and called it a day.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1

12 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

You can’t look at these-

spacer.png

and tell me this jersey wouldn’t be a regular part of that rotation

spacer.png

That’s not RR. It’s just a forgotten jersey deep in the closet amongst the mothballs.

But it’s literally a “reverse retro” where the black and slate switch places

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Ridleylash said:

You're taking it to mean "retro designs in modern colors" when it's just "retro designs but with a new spin".

Like, I don't recall the Wings ever wearing black, the Habs wearing powder blue, the Devils wearing green, the Coyotes wearing purple...

1 minute ago, dont care said:

But it’s literally a “reverse retro” where the black and slate switch places

All I’m saying is the Capitals new RR just seems vastly uninspired and out of place. Taking the easy way out.

• Yawn 2
  • Dislike 2