2022-2023 NHL Jersey Changes

spartacat_12

9 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

I hate how much I've come around on the black socks for the Bruins. I don't like admitting it, but they look good. 

5 hours ago, Echo said:

In a vacuum the black socks look good.  If you were designing their uniforms from scratch I'd say gold socks looked ridiculous.  But taking their history into account the gold socks just say "Bruins" to me. 

7 hours ago, infernoqueso said:

I see the Bruins socks in the same boat as the Blues' numbers.  Probably looks better now with black socks and white numbers, but the yellow socks/numbers just make those uniforms more unique and are a part of their identity.  

2 hours ago, wildwing64 said:

The black Bruins socks look correct, but they feel wrong.

The yellow socks added more colour to the uniform and enhanced their big and bold look.

I understand the sentiment that black socks look good, but gold socks look right. But to me, the gold socks both look good and right with the current look because they provide a balance the gold shoulder yoke. Black socks might, however, look better with the 1980s uniform set.

GYI0062480216.jpg

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

As much as the Wild have basically repeated their last Reverse Retro, it's a nice look for them and the colour scheme compliments the logo well. I wouldn't want it to become their full time look - not that I would oppose it, either - but they should at least keep it around as a once-every-so-often heritage jersey or something. They're never getting the North Stars name but the occasional throwback to that era is the next best thing. Speaking of repeats I'm getting a sense of deja vu as I type this.

Also it's funny seeing them dress up as their predecessors against the Jets 2.0

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Pens are kinda "meh". Doesn't look bad, per se, but I think both teams missed a huge opportunity here.

From day one I thought they should simply put them in the unis Pirates and Bruins each actually wore at the same time. Especially since it's the jersey the Bruins won their first cup in.

https://twitter.com/schwank17/status/1514568275300167681?t=C6VGGDfqJwWhDnq7IGbTsQ&s=19

All that being said, if they put the Pens in white pants, I swear to God...

Edited by maz
Dunno why the tweet didn't imbed. Mobile site... 6

oBIgzrL.png

On 11/23/2022 at 7:18 PM, Mingjai said:

I understand the sentiment that black socks look good, but gold socks look right. But to me, the gold socks both look good and right with the current look because they provide a balance the gold shoulder yoke. Black socks might, however, look better with the 1980s uniform set.

GYI0062480216.jpg

I wish the B’s would bring them back as an occasional alternate for special occasions and Original 6 games. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DTConcepts said:

Is it just me or is there a big lack of RR vs. RR matchups this year?

I can only speak for the penguins. I think they’ve worn theirs twice so far (maybe three times. I lose count when they have 3 black jerseys), but anyway it was vs the white buffalo goat heads and the white flyers today.

KISSwall09.jpg

3 hours ago, DTConcepts said:

In retrospect it's a little weird that the Sharks went with a white RR jersey. I feel like a team that brands itself around the color teal should've worn a teal jersey.

To answer both your questions about Reverse Retros. I was listening to a All the Kings men podcast where they did a RR 2.0 draft of the jerseys. One of the guys on there is the marketing guy for the Ontario Reign and worked with Vegas. He said that that was one of the goals for this version of the RR, was to have matchups between teams wearing their RR. So that's probably one of the reasons the Sharks have white. And if I look on the Kings schedule, they will be in RR matchups twice, against Arizona on Dec 23 and against Vegas on I think Jan 7. I also watched a bit of the Philly/Pittsburgh game and they were both wearing their Reverse Retros. I think one of the issues, is just when teams scheduled the games. I would've liked to see them work together on the project to schedule more games against each other. It is what it is. There was no mandate to have x amount of teams in white and y amount of teams in colored. Adidas gave them like 4-5 ideas (according to Luc Robitaille) and each team works off of those