2022-2023 NHL Jersey Changes

spartacat_12

29 minutes ago, GriffinM6 said:

I really wish the Lightning would use a more "electric blue" color. Not the same as the Carolina Panthers, but definitely something brighter than what they currently use. 

Same. I've long that not doing so was/is a serious missed opportunity. I think something akin to the Lions' Honolulu Blue, or even the shade of blue the Washington Sentinels used on The Replacements would do wonders for them:

E8hW07hWEAY4PPU.jpg:large

(Not the best pic, but you get the idea. Just bright enough to not be a straight royal blue...and a hue that would probably pop off even more on the ice with all that white hitting it.)

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

19 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

spacer.png

So frustrating. Take those two sweaters plus the white one, swap out the original logo for the current logo, and the Lightning have their three sweater combination that they would never have to change again (whether black or blue would be primary is a different debate). 

I actually do like the blue "storm" jersey (I hated this year's white RR version), but that could never be more than a 2-3 times a year novelty, at the absolute most. It loses any hipster appeal when worn too many times.

As long as the current logo remains in place, this would be fine with me.

19 hours ago, GriffinM6 said:

I really wish the Lightning would use a more "electric blue" color. Not the same as the Carolina Panthers, but definitely something brighter than what they currently use. 

I think what the Lightning need to do is match up their shade of blue in the print logos to be aligned more with the blue of the fabric of their jersey, similar to what the Atlanta Braves and a few other teams have done recently.  The blue on the jersey seems to be more vibrant than the dark royal that shows in most of their print logos.

24 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

I think what the Lightning need to do is match up their shade of blue in the print logos to be aligned more with the blue of the fabric of their jersey, similar to what the Atlanta Braves and a few other teams have done recently.  The blue on the jersey seems to be more vibrant than the dark royal that shows in most of their print logos.

I agree. The Bolts  should be the same color as the Rangers or Islanders. The Leafs should always be a bit darker than that.  Also, put me down for black helmets and breezers with blue sweaters and socks; ABAB distribution will never let you down in hockey or football.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

3 minutes ago, the admiral said:

I agree. The Bolts  should be the same color as the Rangers or Islanders. The Leafs should always be a bit darker than that.  Also, put me down for black helmets and breezers with blue sweaters and socks; ABAB distribution will never let you down in hockey or football.

I've always thought that black helmets and breezers would be a good addition too.

• Like 2

On 2/26/2023 at 1:33 PM, Kramerica Industries said:

spacer.png

So frustrating. Take those two sweaters plus the white one, swap out the original logo for the current logo, and the Lightning have their three sweater combination that they would never have to change again

(Replace the current blue used below with the original Honolulu Blue. And add the victory stripes.)

pJKBIlA.png

23 hours ago, tBBP said:

I think something akin to the Lions' Honolulu Blue

Perhaps something like the 1984 through 1996 Honolulu Blue?

TshOLSH.png

The Lightning initially used the same blue (and the same silver).

pseDqoN.png

• Like 5

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

1 hour ago, seasaltvanilla said:

Highlighting armpits has never looked good in any uniform or sports context. 

I see your point, but the victory stripes  aren't really a design element, as they are aren't visible on the uniform.  I think it is cool to have a little flair that you will only notice if a team wins the stanley cup, or scores a goal.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, infernoqueso said:

I see your point, but the victory stripes  aren't really a design element, as they are aren't visible on the uniform.

Novel approach here: how can you be against something if it doesn't exist?

• LOL 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, infernoqueso said:

I see your point, but the victory stripes  aren't really a design element, as they are aren't visible on the uniform.  I think it is cool to have a little flair that you will only notice if a team wins the stanley cup, or scores a goal.  

Highlighting armpits has never looked good in any uniform or sports context. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, infernoqueso said:

I think it is cool to have a little flair that you will only notice if a team wins the stanley cup, or scores a goal.  

J2kLgOD.png

😎

• Like 6

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

For a team called "lightning" and based in Florida, their whole identity has always felt so dreary.  Why not incorporate "volt" or equivalent?  Their nickname literally is a volt, and while real lightning may look more like white over a black sky, it just doesn't feel right for a team in Tampa to be devoid of all bright colors.

I'm not suggesting to turn them into the Orlando Thunder, but just throw some "safety yellow" (or similar)  in there.

NEON-YELLOW-PANTONE-13-0630-TN.png

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Dislike 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

6 hours ago, pepis21 said:

So kinda like that?

cut.jpg

Actually, yeah..almost exactly like that (colorwise). Shoot, that darker blue actually looks better than I thought it would! 

The Lightning brand has so much opportunity for fun and dynamism...they should defintiely lean into that more.

• Like 5

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||