2022 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVII

canzman

5 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

Considering how we all rightfully flipped our lids over Denver’s mismatching side panels I don’t think we should be complaining about no red pants for Atlanta

If I’m compiling a list of complaints about Atlanta’s uniforms, “no red pants” is so far down the list, it’s barely worth mentioning.  

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

Considering how we all rightfully flipped our lids over Denver’s mismatching side panels I don’t think we should be complaining about no red pants for Atlanta

Denver's side panels are way wider, making it far more noticeable for them.

am still cool with any team with a bad/mediocre set like them or Atlanta mixing and matching like this, as it brings more color into the uniform and give us something new. There are more than enough black and white pants around the league these days.

• Dislike 2

The NFL needs a uniform czar whose entire job is to tell teams what to wear so something like Ravens-Saints never happens again. Like the Ravens and Saints submit their uniform combinations before the game and then I tell the Ravens that the Saints are wearing all black and they get preference as the home team so they have to wear white or purple pants. I believe soccer leagues have some sort of procedure for this. Just some common sense decision making would be nice. Okay fine I'll do it. 

• Like 22

PvO6ZWJ.png

33 minutes ago, Sport said:

The NFL needs a uniform czar whose entire job is to tell teams what to wear so something like Ravens-Saints never happens again. Like the Ravens and Saints submit their uniform combinations before the game and then I tell the Ravens that the Saints are wearing all black and they get preference as the home team so they have to wear white or purple pants. I believe soccer leagues have some sort of procedure for this. Just some common sense decision making would be nice. Okay fine I'll do it. 

Just telling the Saints they have to wear gold pants at minimum 8 games a season would do wonders

• Like 9
  • Applause 4

2 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

Denver's side panels are way wider, making it far more noticeable for them.

am still cool with any team with a bad/mediocre set like them or Atlanta mixing and matching like this, as it brings more color into the uniform and give us something new. There are more than enough black and white pants around the league these days.

Yeah I swear people cling to these "rules" and they don't allow themselves to make exceptions. The Falcons don't have side panels. It's a thin stripe, and it looks good. 

• Dislike 3

58 minutes ago, Sport said:

I, for one, welcome our new football uniform overlord.

• Like 8
  • Love 2
  • LOL 4

49 minutes ago, Sport said:

I'm not disagreeing.  However, in soccer this is done specifically to avoid confusion for the players. 

Clashes aren't allowed between shirts, shorts or socks on the theory that players may confuse players from both teams based on similarly colored items of clothing in the mass of legs.   Presumably, no one in football considers matching pants or socks to be an issue on that basis . . . or even helmets, for that matter.

As an aside, my recollection is that the Bills originally switched to red helmets to help Joe Ferguson spot receivers.  At the time four of the  five teams in the AFC East wore white helmets, so at least six games a year matched white helmets.

• Like 1

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Why is it that teams always seem to go on these mysterious win streaks in their worst combos? Last year it happened with the Eagles’ black pants and this year the Jets. Plus Bills all-blue. And then teams like the Titans in light blue pants or Pats in silver pants for the first time in years always seem to lose.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

Just telling the Saints they have to wear gold pants at minimum 8 games a season would do wonders

I'd rather they wear gold pants too, but I want to be a benevolent uniform czar and not a tyrant. The Saints can request to wear black pants and socks and I might let them once, maybe twice a decade.  

• Like 9
  • LOL 1

PvO6ZWJ.png

11 minutes ago, Sport said:

I'd rather they wear gold pants too, but I want to be a benevolent uniform czar and not a tyrant. The Saints can request to wear black pants and socks and I might let them once, maybe twice a decade.  

That’s too lenient. Once a quarter century 

57 minutes ago, Pigskin12 said:

Why is it that teams always seem to go on these mysterious win streaks in their worst combos? Last year it happened with the Eagles’ black pants and this year the Jets. Plus Bills all-blue. And then teams like the Titans in light blue pants or Pats in silver pants for the first time in years always seem to lose.

A lot of teams wear crap uniforms so we're bound to get a winning streak in them every year just based on the sheer volume of garbage

8 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

And the obsession with all blue.

Buffalo used to wear their regular white jerseys at home in the middle of the season back then.

Yup, that's what I was referring to.

Regular white at home does now typically come in the beginning of the season, but I had a feeling this might have been the white throwback game, which does usually happen in the middle somewhere.