2022 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVII

canzman

Just now, Volt said:

This:

biptg0fsl6x8qm6yhcww.jpg

Does not look better than this:

j9wiafqaoe10tn0giaa4.jpg

Lol yeah it does. I’d rather have blue pants and the extra color than just a generic, cheap looking all white look that kids’ teams wear because they can’t afford the away pants. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

This is what the Bills should wear, period:

4-2.jpg

17165364.jpeg

This rule WORKS for every team with White helmets.  There can be exceptions, and they are almost always when a pant color that is not White is light, like Yellow, Silver/Grey, or even Powder Blue.  

When you wear a dark color pant with White or Silver helmets, it doesn't look as good.  

Patriots are another example.  Everything is better when they wear Grey or White  pants.  Ditto for the Lions and Panthers.   

Imagine the Raiders wearing Black pants.

• Yawn 1
  • Dislike 3

1 minute ago, AnPheitseog said:

But neither looks better than this

GettyImages-1176624065.jpg

or even better, those stripes socks worn properly.

Are you having your own conversation about socks? 

• LOL 2

1 minute ago, AnPheitseog said:

But neither looks better than this

GettyImages-1176624065.jpg

or even better, those stripes socks worn properly.

Agree.  But I can live with alternate solid sock trends if we can eliminate awful unbalanced uniform combinations, like this:

g54c2tp57qgnyzcebpsr.jpg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Lol yeah it does. I’d rather have blue pants and the extra color than just a generic, cheap looking all white look that kids’ teams wear because they can’t afford the away pants. 

The striping on the White pant matches the helmet striping perfectly.  The Blue pant introduces a THIRD striping pattern.  Two are acceptable (Browns, Bears, 49ers, Cowboys).  Three is not.  Just another reason why this is the wrong look.

• Dislike 1

38 minutes ago, Volt said:

The striping on the White pant matches the helmet striping perfectly.  The Blue pant introduces a THIRD striping pattern.  Two are acceptable (Browns, Bears, 49ers, Cowboys).  Three is not.  Just another reason why this is the wrong look.

Two are acceptable? Ok great. The Jets' white helmet with green pants should be perfectly fine, then, according to your silly, arbitrary rules...if we consider inverted stripes "a new striping pattern". 

Linebacker Jonathan Vilma of the New York Jets in action against the... |  Jonathan vilma, New york jets, Nfl football players

Is this a bad look?  I mean, the blue pants have the exact same striping pattern as the helmet, so it should be perfectly acceptable, no?

South Carolina routs Florida 40-17, Gators lose 3rd straight | AP News

The 80s Patriots had the exact same striping as the helmet, and that's trash now?

Celebrating the 1985 Patriots

The current Bengals have the exact same striping as the helmet, and that's trash now?

bzrlhhkbyrrfozw7dcfk.jpg

Is this Oilers look trash? Nope. Pretty classic, actually. 

553 Houston Oilers 1991 Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty Images

This is one of my favorite college games of all time, due to the snow, the lighting, the gold vs. silver...and the overall simplicity of the uniforms that don't have copy/paste stripes everywhere:

Last time Apple Cup loomed so large was 1992 when Huskies, Cougars started  6-0 | The Seattle Times

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

52 minutes ago, Volt said:

This is what makes me laugh.

This board will weep into their keyboards about the Vikings font, then turn around and slobber over the Ravens font.

Same board will crap all over the Chiefs going mono-Red or Bills wearing Blue pants, then turn around and say, "I'm trying to figure out how there's people who actually prefer white pants to color pants".

Insane.

Someone figured out opinions.

Head-to-toe monocolor sucks, but white breaking up the color (and vice versa) improves the look drastically.

• Like 5

White helmet with matching-color jersey/pants/socks always looks silly. Shame to see the Bills fall victim to it.  Of course, I still miss the red helmets for them; having a nice balance of blue and red set them off from the Giants, who slide all the way toward one or the other,

• Like 7

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 minute ago, the admiral said:

White helmet with matching-color jersey/pants/socks always looks silly. Shame to see the Bills fall victim to it.  Of course, I still miss the red helmets for them; having a nice balance of blue and red set them off from the Giants, who slide all the way toward one or the other,

It’s the most frustrating aspect of the Giants. Two different jersey styles, two different white pants, two jerseys completely devoid of the other color. Might as well remove that measly red line on the home pants.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Yawn 1

I will say, I appreciate the Giants wearing red socks yesterday with the white one white look. It shows a separation and doesn’t look tacky because they didn’t do a white out. 

the Vikings on the other hand should’ve either done white socks or white pants. The non-CR purple isn’t it. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

4 hours ago, AnPheitseog said:

Buffalo's blue pants ARE awful. Especially when worn with blue socks.

That said, if the Bills did what they should and wear red socks then we have a different story.

They've done it before.

1981_Buffalo.png2bd74148-fdf0-4873-936c-c5ee0f8481dc-USAebc56e2a-865a-4493-b7b0-337baca441d3-USA

3 hours ago, Volt said:

What?

Inverting colors on stripes is not a new striping 'pattern', it's the same pattern with different colors. The pattern is A/B/A. The Bills just swapped colors to keep the pattern visible on the blue pants. 

Also, the Pats throwbacks have the "same pattern" accoprding to your logic; red/white/blue/white/red. but according to you, that's still a bad look.

fkbifyi11fywnso9yr5k.jpg

• Like 2

Some uniform "rules don't work accross the board, and trying to fir every proverbial square peg into round holes gives you hot takes like these.

The lesson? You can have your opinions, but they should be preferences that you share and not rules you think should be imposed upon everyone else.

• Like 7
  • Applause 3

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

I'm glad someone agrees with me on this. The blue pants with the red stripe give that look some pop and personality, The plain white is horrendously boring and consistently lessens the visual appeal of Bills road games. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Indigo said:

bd803bd1-3093-47b2-bba0-5c05445611c3-USA230108-buffalo-bills-jm-1042-31275c.jpg

5 hours ago, Volt said:

g54c2tp57qgnyzcebpsr.jpg

Personally, the problem I have with each of these looks isn't that the pants are darker than the helmet, it's that the socks match the pants, instead of being white.

As the looks below show, having white socks significantly helps with the "balance" issue:

6 hours ago, Indigo said:

bzrlhhkbyrrfozw7dcfk.jpg19428627.jpeg9659298-darrelle-revis-nfl-new-york-jetsenopkzueyqlllqkse9jj.jpg1235812504.0.jpg

Circling back to Justin Jefferson's socks: even though he broke from the uniformity of the rest of the team by wearing white socks in Week 18 against the Bears, I think he actually improved this look compared to Thielen's purple:

uYKA69l.jpg

In summary, with a white jersey, if the pants are dark, I think white socks often greatly improve the look as opposed to matching the pants.

• Like 9

Gracious, not only is Dallas silly for wearing a seldom-seen combo tonight, but dozens of players have white compression pants/white socks on, which makes them all look ridiculous. 

Please NFL, please require that teams wear uniforms correctly and that socks (and compression pants) must adhere to style guides. 

The NFL looks worse than it ever has

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Applause 2