MLB 2023 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

On 2023-05-03 at 4:31 PM, FiddySicks said:

Well, one good thing about the Cardinals sponsor patch is at least they’re matching the background to the uniform. I don’t think any other team has done that yet. 

los-angeles-angels-FBM-patch-2023-sportsThe Halos recoloured parts of their logo to match the base for the Rome, Road and CC.  It still sticks out and is majority navy when their wordmarks are majority red.

23 minutes ago, VampyrRabbit said:

los-angeles-angels-FBM-patch-2023-sportsThe Halos recoloured parts of their logo to match the base for the Rome, Road and CC.  It still sticks out and is majority navy when their wordmarks are majority red.

FBM’s regular logo is navy with a red/dark red outline though. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

20 hours ago, adsarebad said:

So the pirates have might leaked their CC design.

Strange since the reds and orioles are closer to their reveal, and we haven't heard a peep (leak) from them, right?

Where is that leak?

• Like 1

On 5/2/2023 at 5:09 PM, CardsFan79 said:

Cardinals announce their jersey ad.  I guess it could be worse, but I still hate it.spacer.pngspacer.png

Is this on both sides? Or just more of the "handedness" bullhockey? As adverts go, it's probably the least offensive so far. Could pass as a memorial patch for an obscure member of ownership. (Posted before reading other comments...was beaten to the "memorial patch" punch.)

Edited by M59
"Memorial patch" reference.

The Mariners will be debuting their City Connect unis tonight. I was thinking they might just do a decal swap on the royal batting helmets that go with the cream unis, but it looks like they did actually get new helmets to match the black-billed CC caps:

spacer.png

• Like 5

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

can they do decals over brims?  Seems like that would be cheaper than getting all new helmets just for a uniform that'll be worn a handful of times.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

39 minutes ago, BBTV said:

can they do decals over brims?  Seems like that would be cheaper than getting all new helmets just for a uniform that'll be worn a handful of times.

The Astros did that to match the gold-brimmed hats on their championship celebration uniforms this year and I believe the Brewers have done that a few times in the past to match holiday caps. I’m assuming the Mariners’ EQ staff didn’t want to have to remove decals in between Friday night (when they’re wearing the CC uniforms) and Sunday home games (when they wear the cream set). 

• Like 2

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

47 minutes ago, BBTV said:

I'm unsure, but I know for a fact that teams can (and do) use stickers to imitate a panel. I believe that teams who wear a panel-helmet full-time just have it painted on, but special events like last year's 4th of July helmets used stickers to imitate the panel effect from the hats. It's just not common because most teams don't even use matching helmets for special event games, and most special event games don't use panel designs. I could try and see if brim decals are even an option.

Source: I work with MLB licensed decals

• Like 1

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

The Mariners will be debuting their City Connect unis tonight. I was thinking they might just do a decal swap on the royal batting helmets that go with the cream unis, but it looks like they did actually get new helmets to match the black-billed CC caps:

spacer.png

I think the hats are where they missed an opportunity. For how many years were we told the upside-down trident-M is bad luck? And then they flip them and cross them inside the collar, complete with a story for what the W’s stand for. They should have put the flipped trident-W on the hat. I can’t un-see it now.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

32 minutes ago, Frylock said:

I think the hats are where they missed an opportunity. For how many years were we told the upside-down trident-M is bad luck? And then they flip them and cross them inside the collar, complete with a story for what the W’s stand for. They should have put the flipped trident-W on the hat. I can’t un-see it now.

The whole point of the trident logo was/is that it forms an M. Turn it upside down and it makes no sense as a cap logo for the Mariners. The bad luck thing is pretty dumb, but if fans think it’s that big of an issue then the cap logo should always just be an S (with or without the compass rose).

The Mariners’ City Connect unis look incredible in action… from the belt up. Love the bright blue and yellow on the jerseys, love the font, love the trident on the cap, love the yellow belts. Absolutely hate the black pants.

• Like 3

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Pictures, people...pictures, pictures, pictures!

05052023_4_195344.jpg?d=780x520

GettyImages-1487878423-scaled.jpg

1487886424.0.jpg

• Like 8

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

23 minutes ago, Bmac said:

I love the Mariners CC uniforms, but I really can't stand that they're now wearing blue and yellow for two out of three games during a weekend homestand. The Sunday cream uniforms should have been replaced, not the road grays.

That’s a big gripe I have, too, especially because the CC unis are replacing the teals on the home uni schedule. The teals are their best look IMO and have now been relegated to occasional use instead of having a consistent set date.

• Like 8
  • Dislike 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 5/5/2023 at 4:16 PM, eww7633 said:

Where is that leak?

it was that yellow t shirt, posted in this thread.

PGH on the front.... it's very likely, because the nationals do have WSH on the front of their CC jersey.

3 hours ago, tBBP said:

Pictures, people...pictures, pictures, pictures!

05052023_4_195344.jpg?d=780x520

GettyImages-1487878423-scaled.jpg

1487886424.0.jpg

I don't hate the black pants as much as I thought I would. Still think white or royal blue would still be better. 

• Like 13

AmPJ0Ty.png