2023 International (National Team) Soccer Kits

MJWalker45

JUST DROPPED: New USWNT Jerseys

Home JerseyAway Jersey

I like the away shirt, but not that the pattern is included on the shorts as well. The tiger stripe socks look pretty nice though. I might get those for my England trip this year since we'll be wearing all navy for most of our games.  And I was wondering if they'd change the font, but glad they didn't. That could get confusing for retailers that aren't paying attention when customizing kits. 

• Meh 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

There are some nice designs in here -- loving the setups for Canada, England, and that Portugal terrazzo look -- but Nike's continued insistence on the knit pattern stuff is ugly and distracting. More broadly, I am really tired of the insistence that we now need an entirely new kit set when the last kits were worn, like, in five games apiece. Two-year cycles are plenty, men's and women's teams wearing the same designs works great, how far can we push all of this before the oversaturation becomes unprofitable?

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, andregunts said:

Just want to confirm that all the Men will be wearing the same kits right?

The United States men will wear the away kit, but not the ladies' home kit, for the Gold Cup this summer. Some of the adidas men's teams, (Germany, Spain, and Mexico even though the ladies aren't playing in it) are expected to wear some version of their women's teams shirts between now and the World Cup. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Nike’s is more of a mixed bag than the adidas ones. There are some solid sets (ENG away, Canada home, Australia home) but others are kinda forgettable and lack individual detail.

also would it have hurt for the Candaian men to have that kit too?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

Nike’s is more of a mixed bag than the adidas ones. There are some solid sets (ENG away, Canada home, Australia home) but others are kinda forgettable and lack individual detail.

also would it have hurt for the Candaian men to have that kit too?

Aren't they still wearing 2020 kits?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Aren't they still wearing 2020 kits?

Yes. The recent Nations League games had them in their 2020 set. And I don’t think they wear or share kits with the women’s team like the USMT do

Loving the Canada home (black/red geometric pattern), available both for ladies and gents. 👏

the USWNT home is meh, but better than the USMNT one.

the away which both USWNT and USMNT will wear looks like the picked 90s highlighter colors, because their traditional colors weren't in their crayon/color set anymore and they had to make due. Reminds be of a Holland/Netherlands jersey too.

4 minutes ago, MrOrange said:

Loving the Canada home (black/red geometric pattern), available both for ladies and gents. 👏

the USWNT home is meh, but better than the USMNT one.

the away which both USWNT and USMNT will wear looks like the picked 90s highlighter colors, because their traditional colors weren't in their crayon/color set anymore and they had to make due. Reminds be of a Holland/Netherlands jersey too.

That set is being worn by at least three Nike teams this tournament. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The US home shirt is fine enough. Seems like standard affair with a little design thrown on. I don’t really like the away shirt. I dislike national teams using tonal crests. Some clubs can get away with it on their away or third kits and it’s not usually a big deal. But those are clubs. This kit represents the national team. The crest should be displayed in its full colors. Also, the dark blue side panels look bad. Did we just go back in time to 2005?

• Like 1

On 4/3/2023 at 3:31 PM, WBeltz said:

Yes. The recent Nations League games had them in their 2020 set. And I don’t think they wear or share kits with the women’s team like the USMT do

I hope Nike gives the men something for Gold Cup this year at least. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

Women's Finalissima 2023 LIVE: England vs Brazil - radio & text commentary  - Live - BBC Sport - Live - BBC Sport

England women look like they're using an older number font. It's much more legible than the previous numbers, but I was still surprised to see a throwback. 

2014-15 ENGLAND Home S/S No.10 ROONEY Player Issue EURO 16 Qualifying Swiss  | eBay

World Cup 2014 Fonts by Nike - Graphic design magazine with tutorials,  resources and inspiration.

Here’s what the press release said about the typeface:

“The typography on the kits was produced by Neville Brody, a fixture in the England graphic design community.

Adapting the well-received fonts used for the England men’s squad in 2014, he and his team created a lighter font with adjusted angles to work with the women’s uniform size and scale.”

I really enjoyed that 2014 typeface, so I’m happy to see it brought back (with some subtle tweaks, but still). I love both of the Lionesses’ new kits, especially that away.

• Like 2

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

Here’s what the press release said about the typeface:

“The typography on the kits was produced by Neville Brody, a fixture in the England graphic design community.

Adapting the well-received fonts used for the England men’s squad in 2014, he and his team created a lighter font with adjusted angles to work with the women’s uniform size and scale.”

I really enjoyed that 2014 typeface, so I’m happy to see it brought back (with some subtle tweaks, but still). I love both of the Lionesses’ new kits, especially that away.

I'd love it if they had an alternate of the away shirt in red. 

14 minutes ago, Digby said:

Just has me longing for the days of national teams keeping the same font for multiple kit cycles. One of my hobbyhorses, I know.

The previous two fonts used by both USWNT and USMNT should have been able to stay around for a long time. It would have looked better on this round of kits as well.

Unique Nike USA 2018 Jersey Font Revealed - Footy Headlines

usa soccer jersey font,Online Exclusive Offers- 61% OFF,shamuna.ec

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

The previous two fonts used by both USWNT and USMNT should have been able to stay around for a long time. It would have looked better on this round of kits as well.

I thought those were both excellent. I've generally been happy with USA fonts for the past two decades, apart from maybe the current cheapo-local-print-shop job and the bubbly ones they launched the new crest with. But like... just pick one and stick with it. I know the modern game demands that each uniform only ends up getting worn like 8 times max but at least common fonts give a little more consistency to the brand.

• Like 4

FtdGuvqX0AIxZVX?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Three of England's starting lineup last night against Australia were without names on the backs of their jerseys to represent the 1-in-3 people born in the UK today who will develop dementia at some point in their lives. Plus different players wore nameless jerseys in the second half "to draw attention to the confusion and memory loss often experienced by those living with dementia."

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...