2023-24 International Club Soccer Kits

TrueYankee26

On 3/14/2023 at 2:13 PM, MJWalker45 said:

AFC Richmond Men's Nike Stadium Jersey

Nike has the AFC Richmond home shirts for sale. At the moment you have to have member access to buy it. In Europe, ProDirectSoccer (prodirectsoccer.com), will have these available, however it's via their app, which is not on Google Play, or Apple iOS, which may or may not have US restrictions. PDS will also have other Nike/AFC Richmond items on sale, but not the away or third shirts, which are expiring Nike teamwear. 

https://www.nike.com/w?q=afc richmond&vst=afc richmond

AFC Richmond Men's Nike Bantr T-Shirt

AFC Richmond Men's Nike Bantr T-Shirt

AFC Richmond Women's Nike T-Shirt

AFC Richmond Scarf

AFC Richmond Scarf

AFC Richmond Men's Nike T-Shirt

I had to pick up an AFC Richmond home shirt. If you haven’t watched the show, it’s great. Super wholesome, but still funny and relatable.

One oddity I noticed is that the shirt for sale looks like standard Nike affair. A customized teamwear style with the usual crest embroidery. However, it doesn’t match the style that is worn in the show. The shirts worn on the show look like lower quality with cheaper Nike swooshes and AFC Richmond crests. You can see what I’m talking about here.

spacer.png

The Nike shirts for sale have much higher quality embroidery. I think it is likely the ones on the show were manufactured by people responsible for the on set costumes and not actually by Nike. I am waiting for more episodes to come out so I can binge so I can’t confirm for sure. But the promotional jerseys are definitely different.

spacer.png

———

Also, I am loving the Premier League font update. Great clean look.

58 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

I had to pick up an AFC Richmond home shirt. If you haven’t watched the show, it’s great. Super wholesome, but still funny and relatable.

One oddity I noticed is that the shirt for sale looks like standard Nike affair. A customized teamwear style with the usual crest embroidery. However, it doesn’t match the style that is worn in the show. The shirts worn on the show look like lower quality with cheaper Nike swooshes and AFC Richmond crests. You can see what I’m talking about here.

spacer.png

The Nike shirts for sale have much higher quality embroidery. I think it is likely the ones on the show were manufactured by people responsible for the on set costumes and not actually by Nike. I am waiting for more episodes to come out so I can binge so I can’t confirm for sure. But the promotional jerseys are definitely different.

spacer.png

———

Also, I am loving the Premier League font update. Great clean look.

I'm sad they won't have the Nando's logo on the left sleeves, but I've already ordered the Premier League patches and numbers for mine.  I almos t went with my own number, but decided to go with Sam:

Now Available: Nike AFC Richmond 2023 Home & Away Kits Released - Footy  Headlines

• Love 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 3/14/2023 at 7:35 PM, MJWalker45 said:

I actually like the option on the right hand side over the one they went with. But after seeing how the commentators were able to see it more clearly, I understand why they went with the one on the left. 

6V2ieQf.png

Given the choice between a solid back/broken stripes/hoops and unbroken stripes/hoops, give me unbroken every single time, so I would choose the more visable option for numbers every time. The new number looks far better on striped backs than the old ones.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

After talking about it for almost a year, Premier League clubs have "agreed to withdraw gambling sponsorship from the front of clubs’ matchday shirts." They're doing this voluntarily before the U.K. government imposed a ban on them. But to allow for a transition period, the ban won't take full effect until the end of the 2025-26 season.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

On 3/15/2023 at 3:55 PM, MJWalker45 said:

I'm sad they won't have the Nando's logo on the left sleeves, but I've already ordered the Premier League patches and numbers for mine.  I almos t went with my own number, but decided to go with Sam:

Now Available: Nike AFC Richmond 2023 Home & Away Kits Released - Footy  Headlines

c-_8fpQqScszf2bSiByUnQG0-jP1g_3_BKiGYsK_NYkFm7PV-WLpzcBDKnwq8ml09VIQwppjLUiWGpWnGlgCxXqd29OSt770TlO5kpVdrr0n37LhK4BkTLCGfQqdWUZ7SNCz82yeVxKo7n-aNQnxAgDDgWv2voRVUDzL_49M9OX_ZQ0uAa3PO3j3rF5GHj5rizEE5KUWAx-0HZgxNplRTN6HgAzi6YGjqDu5D0tqD1OCVKY7WMIT2ipgjf_WDYv9mhsahGr3d7UAahJRQEukyiVNqDmhjPLsdmS30susbVXbOQ4AAHF8qA7G-rZiTWY8rDQCu3Nzw7jKMV1IyHsIxtNwX7hBt2GuRXMbVHoFKl1sIuK2B5juXXPLZk4AkX5Xa4g957GHkenih2urrWBHGyxS6sEX7IVNoly1Hkqr0k3hmy5d0gN7CdCEk6iiHQuO-Q5h_8JbJ3ktBB9kV8btUOHjL19VFkD3h4A0Met8Ef93xJ2vKcYEPaHeLTp6EOPCAdaC9hXJLXG6oRlVOMRfZlAllxdG2_SfbuRXPgmwVgV0oC67el2ADJ49rROGQI5cFttdJqq4RoKm5iyXgwt5PsPp0Bkeg8APODjDYwPPvwHyI31HqkKTwf8ZULVyOZkL5Ni9K0xJQREmylu1jEwUKtWbSr5CG0JxEMC_9UYOXA1-ziRMdUCXihxxh395_8ozRIj0gE28ddCrF3Ms_K3W6HUOVVrdJqj23dRRdDyAJ_GQ5PzwD28zWA3ZaunXUSf9E4nsZsOiHUU6kwa1fa99AJAjn36iPqjgCNy5cXjdAz9IL5ePhsl7ng55QocdYCNuM7mvLE-7WB_Dn482tDkHbfDkLtKU561FThyPY70EotTd6IbwfQvfssBVp3BOqxo4q14ki8LanET4xX3J3JZ2ZyGW9_Q8YE1JVpaUUSVR_ME52g=w706-h938-s-no?authuser=0

Np_-8fEGbUkA8Vxt9dqkNVHVEQIvr-dYYlZuXW_DDwYHIPujmnorEPNo03OX1KRWpHg1CK7_yO3sAHbScLa-RK5-ygkoqBRO4EQT6NWXl_0_aJUKQxnHvFyO3L6apCgIHGBPHRk-DHCR0ybriOMxxNSq3fB_M7rnqlWKWpcBav-jsgWsVp5gFzUbFbD-Rq2PSRr2qLv7BsiZH32CnterFzI0PLZMEIjXPiE9PKauTOAHQA0yXzChtgYecJR9qIg9ms3cgH8Khx3c2qXso15_ICYV3-3VV202ddf8zZHp7GSSZWseGmo5twyxLJJMKDltdpeaVKarDmBVfaxiOCc4BgqmaAkt-ZFWKGY7nFr-TZQlJBGo_mxoLUW6kcQWQ9nh_QICfUU7FS_85Lo1X8-Pw8RteXAD_A79oQDtl9DdKCJO8mQWXw3ix1ds0wIKMeyLWsFjpUcNu6rHrF9jAtlw9fwC0aXFFLZ50ph6NM3o8XAdrueOyqJwnjFBix-T84aMjXeBVqAQmli5xX-4y6A6D5JmHsFyTejudn-sCSDguFLDhQSrHUCJ9jZBIABuWAgbrZQbv_rAf8MTrx2jwg2QI6TEDoRK52x5xijeOFWylsr_PiI5xiBeusKy2L0eM-RhpPIDgFO9DG80ftbB9nOWYesX9c1Bt9HqfSLkK3MBY6oiJX2a7qrOw1_cWujieqj2BZJHb9wRnXRF6fSK7dM-8yt09DgqHYwQEv2pJ6sqo1M3QiXvTBTNKfSFL8gSh3fwHEdLp_VuXysavVBjGaxIJKqLhjsVr_fId5Bz0U6ChHvEA5_nI9-s0kQCzug41nh3BgzHoMvR1n5htTt2A-SCrtVBA9Ual33j46thogJBZq0jGupHix64jCNq1xmJfWyZL6uDwqbj3dRHq3TBJW_FK-EZE2Rw_MTeK1gFFHYxoTq54Q=w706-h938-s-no?authuser=0

So I did get the shirt and order the patches and numbers/name off eBay. The Bantr logo on the front is a lot stiffer than most Nike replica jerseys. Really, the only downside I can think of is the lack of the Nando's logo on the left sleeve. IT's a bit better quality than a standard team kit though. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Couple of Bayern updates: the rumored home shirt. This would be a massive change for the club as they typically wear all red, though it’s not totally unheard of.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Bayern has been known to play with their colors a lot. They’ve tried blue and red stripes, navy blue, and white with red (very similar to this) decades ago.

You can see the similarity to their 120th anniversary shirt from a couple years ago.

spacer.png

This is not a bad kit at all, but I think it would be better suited to an alternate instead of the home shirt. I don’t like the tonal crest. Primary shirts should always have the regular badge, unless it’s a commemorative release. There’s a new font on the back, so we will likely see a new number font, too. It’s the adidas World Cup font, though modified without the little slashes in the letters.

They’ve been changing their fonts so often lately, but previously they’d retain the same fonts for 5-8 years at a time.

Also, the away kit is a real stinker. Absolutely horrible. As a Bayern supporter, I might pass here and that’s shocking for me as a collector.

spacer.png

spacer.png

It’s not as bad from far away, but once you get up close you can see the various colors.

spacer.png

The reason I feel confident the white shirt is the home (and not a third which would make more sense) is because Bayern always has “FC Bayern München” above the numbers on their home and away shirts. Their third shirts omit this detail because they are worn frequently in the Champions League where that’s not allowed. For this reason, their retail third shirts are sold only with player names and numbers. Here’s to hoping the third kit is a classic because 23/24 is looking like one of the club’s worst aesthetic-wise in quite some time.

Last note on these: 23/24 will be the first year their kits use the updated -T- branding. Previously, it was -T---. The training kits switched over last year, but the game kits still had the old sponsor logo.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Couple of Bayern updates: the rumored home shirt. This would be a massive change for the club as they typically wear all red, though it’s not totally unheard of.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Bayern has been known to play with their colors a lot. They’ve tried blue and red stripes, navy blue, and white with red (very similar to this) decades ago.

You can see the similarity to their 120th anniversary shirt from a couple years ago.

spacer.png

This is not a bad kit at all, but I think it would be better suited to an alternate instead of the home shirt. I don’t like the tonal crest. Primary shirts should always have the regular badge, unless it’s a commemorative release. There’s a new font on the back, so we will likely see a new number font, too. It’s the adidas World Cup font, though modified without the little slashes in the letters.

They’ve been changing their fonts so often lately, but previously they’d retain the same fonts for 5-8 years at a time.

Also, the away kit is a real stinker. Absolutely horrible. As a Bayern supporter, I might pass here and that’s shocking for me as a collector.

spacer.png

spacer.png

It’s not as bad from far away, but once you get up close you can see the various colors.

spacer.png

The reason I feel confident the white shirt is the home (and not a third which would make more sense) is because Bayern always has “FC Bayern München” above the numbers on their home and away shirts. Their third shirts omit this detail because they are worn frequently in the Champions League where that’s not allowed. For this reason, their retail third shirts are sold only with player names and numbers. Here’s to hoping the third kit is a classic because 23/24 is looking like one of the club’s worst aesthetic-wise in quite some time.

Last note on these: 23/24 will be the first year their kits use the updated -T- branding. Previously, it was -T---. The training kits switched over last year, but the game kits still had the old sponsor logo.

An update to this post:

This would certainly quell my dislike for Bayern’s 23/24 kits! A rotation of all red, the white with red sleeves (both good, just don’t prefer the white as a home kit) and then the Barney colored abomination would be ok in my book. 2 out of 3 isn’t bad. With an all red third, I’d expect Bayern would wear it in select Bundesliga matches in addition to using it as the first choice design in the Champions League and DFB Pokal.

supposedly a leak of Arsenal’s third kit for next season. Hate the goofy little monogramming on the color but otherwise this is a thrill. They’ve brought back the banana kit plenty of different ways but I’ve been dying to see the dark green/navy blue raglan look again, it’s such a great design.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

Atlético Madrid has officially unveiled their 120th anniversary kits, which they'll wear against Mallorca on Wednesday, April 26 — 120 years to the day after the club's founding:

front-1.jpg

Also a new goalkeeper kit (maybe a preview of Nike GK patterns for 23-24?):

goalkeeper.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks guys for pointing out that it is fake

1 hour ago, pepis21 said:

It's fake based on preditction at least FH covered it like that.

13 minutes ago, hendocfc said:

Yeah that Man U shirt's bogus - it's someone's concept that Footy Headlines reposted. Went viral because people kept calling it a "leak" and the counterfeit stores are selling it as a result

On 4/24/2023 at 11:08 AM, pepis21 said:

New La Liga logo:

ll%20leak.jpg

Imo ugly as hell

Oh wow, that’s a pretty significant downgrade. I didn’t expect them to depart from the original that far. The rainbow wheel was something I could always quickly associate and recognize as LaLiga, and this new logo really chucks that out the window.

• Like 3

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png