NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

The Vikings look good with the helmet shell and everything neck down. However, they should have been like Cleveland and not rolled out gray facemask. Purple or white would've been so much better. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 2

spacer.png

14 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

Jersey: Absolute perfection.

Pants: The right move.

Socks: Whatever. Thumbs up.

Older-style logo: The right move for a throwback*

Gray facemask: Also the right move for a throwback**

Overall grade: A. 

*Unpopular opinion (I suspect)  but I like the updated horn better because it visualizes the horns going up better. And if it were up to me, they'd keep this jersey permanently but with updated helmet logo.

**Polarizing opinion but I don't like gray facemasks and I while it's the right move for a one-game throwback, I want them to have purple facemasks for standard uniforms.

That all said, I had no idea this was coming. What I great surprise.

I agree with you pretty much on the helmet horn. It was a jarring change at first, but now the older plainer, version just looks kind of... I dunno... unfinished to me.

I disagree about the facemask. (I know, I know.)  When I advocate here that every team in the league switch to gray masks, I'm kidding. (Well, mostly kidding.  Or at least, sometimes kidding.) But in this particular case, like the Colts, like the 49ers, like what the Browns should be wearing, it just looks so perfect with the uniform's overall aesthetic. 

If I had the call, I'd make this the permanent primary uniform, with the only change being the new detailed horn. I even like the current helmet color and finish with it... it works great.  

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, nuordr said:

The Vikings look good with the helmet shell and everything neck down. However, they should have been like Cleveland and not rolled out gray facemask. Purple or white would've been so much better. 

I disagree and I'm the gray-facemask-hattingest gray-facemask-hater who ever gray-facemask hated.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

38 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

Love that Vikings jersey.  Perfect color balance. 

I want that to become the full-time uniform with a UCLA-striped white jersey for the road (with purple pants. I said what I said).

I know that UCLA style road uniform is beloved, but personally, I'd rather see it left in the past.  As discussed on these boards ad nauseam, the current cut off version of those stripes leaves a lot to be desired. The disconnect between the gold trimmed home numbers and the non-trimmed road number bugs me, too.  And then there's the fact that it's just straight up LSU's jersey. But mostly, the below version from the 60's is just so gorgeous.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 8
  • Love 3

8 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I know that UCLA style road uniform is beloved, but personally, I'd rather see it left in the past.  As discussed on these boards ad nauseam, the current cut off version of those stripes leaves a lot to be desired. The disconnect between the gold trimmed home numbers and the non-trimmed road number bugs me, too.  And then there's the fact that it's just straight up LSU's jersey. But mostly, the below version from the 60's is just so gorgeous.

Even as I was typing it, I was thinking about the decline in visual appeal of UCLA stripes in modern jersey cuts.  The Colts jerseys are inferior to 20 years ago for that reason.

So I might be clinging to something that cannot happen. Perhaps a white counterpart to this purple jersey is the way to go.  In any case, I'd take it over the current look, if offered.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

4 hours ago, nuordr said:

They are the same pants and they don't match the helmet. But I'm fine with that. I'm just happy they used a brown facemask. 

spacer.png

Side note but what are the thoughts on the helmet stripe's application with SpeedFlex helmets? Wish there was a cleaner way to fit a stripe on there without seeing the white between the cuts. Curious what any EQ managers here might think.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

20 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

It sadly could be that they are wearing these once and then wearing the dumb all-purple color rush twice. 

I was thinking one game would be reserved for that, but I don't believe they've ever worn them multiple times in a season.

1 hour ago, simtek34 said:

YES! YES! 

😍 These should be their permanent uniforms, I even like the Satin helmet with it for the 'modern retro' feel. Give me a white counterpart or better yet bring back the ucla stripe whites and this is what they should be wearing full time.

I do hope though, for authenticity's sake, they introduce the era accurate helmet next year.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

51 minutes ago, Pigskin12 said:

The Vikings said they are "debuting" their throwbacks on opening weekend, meaning they are probably wearing them again, but I saw in the article it said they can wear them once per season, which is simply incorrect. They can wear them three times.

6bLaH8U.png

They should wear them 3x and hold a bonfire behind TCO center with the color rushes.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 2