NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

19 minutes ago, raz said:

Colts look like something you'd see on Wednesday night college football. 

“Tonight on… Wednesday Night MACtion!

The more I look at these Colts uniforms, the more I think they’d be better suited for Tennessee.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, j'villejags said:

Stranger Things could've made sense -- taking place in the fictional town of Hawkins, Indiana.

Good catch. Not sure how I forgot this one. I guess when you take 3 years between seasons people can forget. 

Plus the WNBA team did a Stranger Things inspired uniform.

398.jpeg

"...So you see, I took this good uniform, made a lot of it black, because that's fire, and if you don't like it, you're old and should die, lol"

- Nike intern designer Zayton Bailey Hexton-Smith

• Like 7
  • LOL 9
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

On an unrelated note, the Falcons posted this: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cu7ox-FPB3W/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

“23 years of players to choose from” yet the helmet in that iteration only was worn for four years. 

It’s also hilarious how many fans are posting “Vick!” It really is amazing how we on these boards are probably all crazy for knowing details of football uniforms, and equally as crazy that some people think Michael Vick wore those at some point. 

These boards are more of a place for therapy for us than we realize. 😂 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lahaye7 said:

so, these colts unis are supposed to look like blue jeans and jacket?  Like a midwestern cowboy ? They aren't terrible, regular (or royal)  helmet would be better. 

If they wore white pants, it would be just meh. Canadian Tuxedo Colts.

5 hours ago, randyc said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47fkalknhnrdxa5rv93c

</inhoustonian>

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

1 hour ago, Cujo said:

I would hate these less if they went blue helmet and replaced black with the gray they attempted in the early 80s.

I would hate these less if they all wore Black socks & accessories, and if the middle stripe on the pants & shoulders was also Black.

• Like 2
  • Meh 1

IDK where to even start with those Colts unis. They seem like an April Fools joke. Talk about something nobody wanted or asked for. They just look like Duke.

BFBS helmet is unecessary, the C logo on the chest will be mistaken for a captains patch, I love me a nice heathered T-Shirt, but a football uniform? And I didn't even get to the monochrome yet. These might be passable in a vacuum with white or black pants, but not for the Colts. It really looks like college comes to the NFL more than any other uniform. Even awful Nike designs like the Bucs, Browns, Jags and Titans looked more professional.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

But I am sorry -- what in the world does "Those Indiana boys in those Indiana nights" mean? 😂

7 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

It feels like they're parodying a Bob Seger song.

I'm more disappointed in this exchange than the uniform.

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

4 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

I'm a Tom Petty fan and have listened to that song dozens of times, but even I didn't make that connection, so it seems like a big stretch by the marketing department. I can't really think of what notable impact Indiana has had on pop culture outside of Hoosiers and Parks & Rec.

Lifelong TP fan here, and I caught it immediately. To be fair, I remember when that song was brand new, so, I’m old 🤣

Also, “what notable impact Indiana has had on pop culture”? Um, David Letterman is still very much alive…

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Michael Jackson was from Gary, but I'm not sure it particularly mattered. Indiana, despite being one of the few states with an irregular demonym, doesn't really have a cohesive identity like, say, Minnesota.

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I want a uniform inspired by Northwest Indiana Nights. Something that gives the vibe of a burger coming off the griddle at Schoop's as the billboard for Krazy Kaplan's perched above the restaurant lights up for the evening.

• LOL 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

4 hours ago, j&#x27;villejags said:

It could be a slippery slope where we end up in a world with Association, Icon, Statement, and City NFL alternates.

I guarantee you the swoosh has been eyeing up that angle for the NFL for a good while now...they'll keep softening ol' Jolly Roger until finally the 🔥 and 🧊 becomes too much and between those and the increased 💰 ye Olde Commish caves in.

(I give it 3-5 years at this current rate.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||