NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

7 minutes ago, Ark said:

No.

I know most people don't like the Golden Knights gold uniforms, but just about everyone loves the golden stripes on their other uniforms, and for good reason. Plus you can look at the NHL's switch to Reebok Edge to see how every team that got rid of metallic fabric made a bad decision. 

That funny because when I was writing about how cheesy metallic fabrics look, the Golden Knights uniform was exactly what I was thinking about. 

• Yawn 1
  • Dislike 3

3 hours ago, Cujo said:

Silver pants could rescue their away unis. 0% chance that happens tho

Photos: Arizona Cardinals at Minnesota Vikings 2023 NFL preseason

That silver sleeve stripe is terrible, I actually think the Reebok away may have been better.

• Huh? 2
  • Dislike 4
  • Eyeroll 3

7 hours ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

I must say, the Cards look great from a distance. Not as good up close, but a great starting point to work with.

This is a great summary of them. At least they are a lot better than the set they just wore for almost 20 years.

• Like 2

I actually really like the metallic silver stripes on the sleeve. I think the uniform would look a lot better with numbers on the shoulders and some solid red socks.

This looks so much better. Some more red on the uniform makes the splash of silver pop nicely without the primary color getting totally washed out. 

W0mlkgr.jpg

• Like 18
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, the admiral said:

I'd keep all-blue at home but white over grey would be good on the road.

Yeah (maybe unpopular opinion) the Seahawks all blue somehow works where most other color rush-style uniforms don't. Keep this as the primary (this should be worn in primetime and the green jerseys should be burned)

spacer.png

and this as an alternate (wear this during sunny day games)spacer.png

• Like 9
  • Dislike 1

The only three things I don't like about the Seahawks uniforms - and I trend towards traditionalist, but not "traditionalist for traditionalist's sake", is how Nike worked the swoosh into a carefully-crafted bright background, the unnecessary and gimmicky helmet thing, and how there's no green on the gray pants.  Other than that, as far as I'm concerned, they're in their forever uniforms.

While I've liked the idea of the Seahawks being the NFL's Oregon, now that they've been in those for what - 11 seasons? - they should just stick with it.  The overrated-throwback uniform twice a year should be enough to appease fans of the older look.

• Like 13

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

10 hours ago, ruttep said:

Yeah (maybe unpopular opinion) the Seahawks all blue somehow works where most other color rush-style uniforms don't. Keep this as the primary (this should be worn in primetime and the green jerseys should be burned)

spacer.png

and this as an alternate (wear this during sunny day games)spacer.png

How often would that schedule arrangement actually have them in all navy? It would only be games played on TNF, SNF, or MNF. Otherwise most of their games are played in the day due to typically playing the 4:30 EST / 1:30 PST game since they’re on the west coast.

14 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

I actually really like the metallic silver stripes on the sleeve. I think the uniform would look a lot better with numbers on the shoulders and some solid red socks.

This looks so much better. Some more red on the uniform makes the splash of silver pop nicely without the primary color getting totally washed out. 

W0mlkgr.jpg

Once they get all of the mono stuff out of their system - may take weeks, may take 2-3 years - they’ll settle on White/Red/White/Red, along with the mock-up above for Away games, and this set will get its flowers.

Anyone saying the Reebok set is superior cannot be trusted.

• Like 9

11 hours ago, ruttep said:

spacer.png

This has always been their best look.  White over Grey is also their best Away look.

The only pair of pants they should wear with their Navy or White jersey are the Greys.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

The Cardinals' all white uniforms look like ass.

The silver inner stripe on the pants and jersey just completely disappears. It looks like two very thin red stripes placed weirdly wide. And that's because they made the absolutely moronic decision to make those stripes reflective.  Why?  Same reason teams put useless sublimated patterns in their numbers... because they can.

All reflective, or chrome, or metallic thread elements on sports uniforms are garbage. Not usually. Not mostly. Always.   

Including helmets? What about dazzle fabrics? 

Personally, my take is that the only “always” I’m willing to go with is that plain white socks are always hot garbage. I have half a mind that Nike intentionally started that fad, and the mono fad, so they wouldn’t have to dye each pair of socks a team color - just dye a bunch white and a bunch black and you have 75-80% of your sock needs for the season covered. 

The Cards’ road uniforms would be fine with red socks. In fact they’d be a massive upgrade from the Adidas abominations if they had red socks. As is, they’re a modest upgrade. 

Also, unpopular opinion time: I’ve always liked the reflective silver numbers on the Seahawks’ current homes. 

1 hour ago, fouhy12 said:

Hot take: these are Seattle's best road uniforms. Add some green on the pants and you've really got something going. 

Seahawks vs. Cardinals: Seattle completes sweep of Arizona with 31-21 road  win - Field Gulls

Love these, too.  Would definitely support them being their full-time Away set; sad they dropped the Wolf Grey jersey.

8 hours ago, BBTV said:

The only three things I don't like about the Seahawks uniforms - and I trend towards traditionalist, but not "traditionalist for traditionalist's sake", is how Nike worked the swoosh into a carefully-crafted bright background, the unnecessary and gimmicky helmet thing, and how there's no green on the gray pants.  Other than that, as far as I'm concerned, they're in their forever uniforms.

While I've liked the idea of the Seahawks being the NFL's Oregon, now that they've been in those for what - 11 seasons? - they should just stick with it.  The overrated-throwback uniform twice a year should be enough to appease fans of the older look.

The chest stripe, and the wordmark on it for no reason still bothers me. It's better than the Browns chest stripe on their nike uniforms but I still hate it. That be nice jerseys is it was just the sleeve desgin and not the chest extension.

4 hours ago, HOOVER said:

Once they get all of the mono stuff out of their system - may take weeks, may take 2-3 years - they’ll settle on White/Red/White/Red, along with the mock-up above for Away games, and this set will get its flowers.

Anyone saying the Reebok set is superior cannot be trusted.

My goodness, that mock-up with the red socks is gorgeous. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, VikWings said:

YES!

Yeah in a perfect world they’d make the throwbacks the primaries, but within their current set I just wanna know what people think of gray vs blue pants because the grey looks better but lacks any green, making them look more like a blue-grey team vs blue-green team.

17 hours ago, Toronto206 said:

Yeah in a perfect world they’d make the throwbacks the primaries, but within their current set I just wanna know what people think of gray vs blue pants because the grey looks better but lacks any green, making them look more like a blue-grey team vs blue-green team.

The Seahawks' color distribution is all out of whack, anyway. The helmet is navy, with gray and white details, and a tiny drop of green. The home jersey is navy, with a fair amount of gray, green trim and no white. The white jersey has navy numbers, a small amount of green, and no gray. The navy pants have green trim, but no white, or gray. The gray and white pants have no green. 

WTH?

• Like 7