2023 MLB Season Thread

Gary

On 9/27/2023 at 7:30 PM, TrueYankee26 said:

His name is Wally. I hadn’t heard of him but apparently he has a following. 

Unrelated - ANGEL HERNANDEZ. Jesus effing Christ. How the hell does this crap continue to be allowed month after month, year after year. The man is completely incompetent. That’s actually being too kind. 

He and Buckner have no business being employed. But especially Hernandez. Their trash union will continue to rate him highly and stick up for him, but I’m not sure there’s a person on the planet as bad at their job as he is at his (that hasn’t been fired or voted out of office.)

just once I’d like to see a player actually deck him. 

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

10 hours ago, Unocal said:

Has there even been an umpire that WASN'T bad at his job?

Probably most. We only hear about the terrible ones.  The majority are fine enough. 

In this case even a Robo ump wouldn’t have helped as the ump rung him up from 3rd base - then had the gall to tell Harper to watch the replay and he’d know he’s (Hernandez) is right. Except the replay tells a totally different story - one an arrogant prick like Hernandez doesn’t have to watch. 

I don’t know how it works for the post season but if he and Buckner are given games then the players should refuse to play. I think the players union should have some kind of say in this because those jerkoffs impact players stats and team performance, which ultimately affects contracts and salaries. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

6 hours ago, BBTV said:

Probably most. We only hear about the terrible ones.  The majority are fine enough. 

In this case even a Robo ump wouldn’t have helped as the ump rung him up from 3rd base - then had the gall to tell Harper to watch the replay and he’d know he’s (Hernandez) is right. Except the replay tells a totally different story - one an arrogant prick like Hernandez doesn’t have to watch. 

I don’t know how it works for the post season but if he and Buckner are given games then the players should refuse to play. I think the players union should have some kind of say in this because those jerkoffs impact players stats and team performance, which ultimately affects contracts and salaries. 

Finally got to see the actual side view of the "swing" on Jomboy, as well as the ensuing argument and what Angel said.

I don't know how I'm ever still at all surprised at any new bad call of his.🤦‍♂️ Not. Even. Close. And I'm not the biggest Harper, nor Phillies, fan. But that was just ridiculous. The only thing the may lessen the backlash on this one is the kid winding up with Harper's helmet and Harper seeking him out so he could sign it for him. That kid may be the only Angel Hernandez fan.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Well, that’s what happens when you let the clubhouse descend into utter apathy. 

They expected Kapler to be Bochy Things -- turn a lineup of scrubs and has-beens into World Series winners. Good luck to whoever they bring onboard next!

6uXNWAo.png

7 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Believe it or not, the Padres only got mathematically eliminated today. Felt like they were eliminated a long long time ago lol.

And the Marlins are 1 win away from their first playoffs in a non pandemic year since 2003.

And the Diamondbacks are in the same area. Beat the Astros and they're in tonight.

7 hours ago, Unocal said:

Knowing their history in non pandemic playoffs, if the Marlins clinch you can all but book them for another NL Pennant

You mean win the World Series? Since 2020 is the only one of their 3 postseason appearances where they didn't win the World Series?