2023 MLB Season Thread

Gary

On 8/27/2023 at 8:14 AM, Shumway said:

As a lifelong Angels fan, I can say that it can and likely will always get worse.

But then there will be hope.

And then it all goes to hell again.

But then more hope!

Okay, maybe no more hope. Arte just had to duck that luxury tax.

14 minutes ago, Shumway said:

Okay, maybe no more hope. Arte just had to duck that luxury tax.

And yet poor CJ Cron is stuck on the sinking ship as the lifeboats fade over the horizon.

VmWIn6B.png

22 hours ago, CS85 said:

Here's hoping.  The Reds are overdue for some success. 

It gets worse before it gets better. Alex Cobb took a no-hitter into the 9th before Spencer Steer doubled with two outs to break it up. They're ice cold right now. Only two games over 500 now. This feels like the 2021 team all over again - Played over their heads for five months and then ran out of gas in late August and September. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

The White Sox/Gun/Fat Folds story is like some sort of Aesop fable that made a jump through time.

• LOL 1
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

On 8/29/2023 at 10:04 AM, Sport said:

Looks like the Reds have run out of steam. Young team, injuries piling up, and this is the most baseball a lot of them have played. Fun season, better than expected, but I'll be surprised if they pull out of this tail spin. I already hit on my over bet at 65.5 wins so that's cool. Next year should be even more fun. 

Cincy's window is opening and Milwaukee's may be closing sooner than we  think. Looking at their rosters, it's amazing that the Brewers are pulling away with their anti-murderers row offense.

8 hours ago, CS85 said:

The White Sox/Gun/Fat Folds story is like some sort of Aesop fable that made a jump through time.

What I don't get is that you have to not only be fat enough to have large folds, but those folds have to be able to actually hold the gun.  Like, imagine a large breast holding a pencil under it.  That's kind of what I'm (unfortunately) picturing, just with a gut and a gun.

And to be large enough to pull this off, are you really agile enough to pull and use the gun in any situation in which you'd need it?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, BBTV said:

What I don't get is that you have to not only be fat enough to have large folds, but those folds have to be able to actually hold the gun.  Like, imagine a large breast holding a pencil under it.  That's kind of what I'm (unfortunately) picturing, just with a gut and a gun.

And to be large enough to pull this off, are you really agile enough to pull and use the gun in any situation in which you'd need it?

You're assuming that a person who would smuggle a gun into a baseball game would somehow ask themselves a question involving logic????

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

5 hours ago, BBTV said:

The other thing to wrap one's head around... how is it that metal detectors can pick up artificial knees and pacemakers and yet somehow a fully loaded gun tucked under a few rolls of fat doesn't trigger anything?

VmWIn6B.png

4 hours ago, LMU said:

The other thing to wrap one's head around... how is it that metal detectors can pick up artificial knees and pacemakers and yet somehow a fully loaded gun tucked under a few rolls of fat doesn't trigger anything?

It probably did trigger it, then when they wanded her and it went off in the hip area or what ever she could just say, oh that’s my hip replacement and they let her on her way.

• Like 1

How is Cleveland able to select multiple players at the waiver wire deadline? I thought after a team is awarded a player, that team goes to the end of the waiting line. 

What if Cleveland overtakes Minnesota because of their new waiver wire Guardian Angels? 

https://x.com/jeffpassan/status/1697301686593704050?s=46&t=zrFvaO6tbFH7POh1WfkjuA

NYCdog.png

1 hour ago, NYCdog said:

How is Cleveland able to select multiple players at the waiver wire deadline? I thought after a team is awarded a player, that team goes to the end of the waiting line. 

What if Cleveland overtakes Minnesota because of their new waiver wire Guardian Angels? 

https://x.com/jeffpassan/status/1697301686593704050?s=46&t=zrFvaO6tbFH7POh1WfkjuA

Nope, waiver wire priority isn't affected by other successful claims. 

• Like 1

IUe6Hvh.png

3 hours ago, NYCdog said:

They'd be in first place?

It's where I sit.

7 hours ago, NYCdog said:

No, that only happens if they're claiming a player they've already claimed that season, I believe.