2023-24 NHL Jersey Changes

Chewbacca

33 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

Ignore the question if you want but you can see some of the Ducks breaking in the 30th equipment.

Good. We could always use more vibrant colors in the NHL. Black, tan, and orange is such a boring color scheme.

6 hours ago, zubazpirate said:

^ Agreed

On a related note, I don't think Gretzky in his prime got as much attention and camera time as Bedard did in his rookie game 1 last night  

Not entirely false! I don't think the '85 Final was even on TV in America.

• LOL 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Eggplant is vibrant?

Maybe vibrant is the wrong word to use. My point is more that it's nice to see more unique colors. No matter what you think about the quality of their current look, you have to admit it's a pretty generic color scheme.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ti-Nick said:

Thanks. I just thought it came from a specific site with game pictures. I always used the Photos section on the NHL website but it seems like it’s not active anymore.

You can find the photos towards the bottom of page 4 on the Getty Images website, https://www.gettyimages.com/photos/blackhawks-penguins?assettype=image&page=4&phrase=blackhawks%20penguins&recency=last48hours&sort=newest&license=rf%2Crm

• Like 1

On 10/9/2023 at 2:27 PM, GFB said:

I will forever go to bat for this specific Flames uniform:

cal0519-gbflames7-copy-20220527jpg?cs=sr

The colors are sharp and balanced. The sweater has this "charred" or "burned out" effect for a team named after fire. The uniform actually utilizes the yellow/white/black striping pattern found on the 90s set in a way that's actually appealing.

This is another good one from the black flaming C era.

The template fit wonderfully for a western canadian hockey team.

png

• Love 1
  • Hurl 1
  • Meh 1
  • Huh? 1

8 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

png

The template was fun but everything else about it sucked, minus not having the flags as shoulder patches.

I also don't see much, if any, of this jersey around Calgary so it just kind of came and went.

• Like 1

IbjBaeE.png

1 hour ago, Ark said:

I think adding black to the mix was a good idea for Calgary, like it was for the North Stars. Minus some of the design elements (that weird pedestal thing for one) I think these look great

theoren-fleury-1995-calgary-flames-starl

At least it doesn't have the ugly black C, but the black outline inside the logo still ruins the flaming hot effect imo.

21 minutes ago, JohnnyCowboy5 said:

Milan Lucic raises his stick to the crowd as he's introduced during Wednesday's pregame ceremony.

Video of how it looks on a broadcast:

Looks pretty good to me. I like the idea of having a special jersey to wear against Original 6 opponents in the centennial season, although I still wish they brought out one-off throwbacks to match each of their "era nights."

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JohnnyCowboy5 said:

All star patch on shoulder

No Tiktok ad on the Leafs helmets.

• Applause 1
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I really am not a fan of the All Star Game logo this year. It looks like a Carl’s Jr/Hardee’s logo. Definitely not fitting for Toronto, the hockey-mecca of the world…

And those Bruins brown and cream alternates are really nice!!

• Like 5

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

11 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

png

This was better than the Edge mess they were using as their primary jersey back then, but it still wasn't great. Using a Calgary wordmark + the flaming C together is redundant. They should've had the wordmark say 'Flames', or come up with a flaming F logo. Also, having no yellow in the numbers was a mistake. The shoulder patch was great though.